+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

Favourlevel

May 11, 2022
Outstanding balance of $2490 to me seems the processing fee + right of permanent residency fee + biometrics fee.
Can you mention how many dependents you have?
When you said "...then quickly went to pay the PR fees for my family except the right of PR.", you mean the processing fee + biometrics fee?

Processing fee is $550 and biometrics fee is $85. Then, payment of $1400 cannot be the sum of these fees.
We are a family of 4- 2 adults, 2 children. I paid the PR processing fees but didn't pay the right of PR fee then as that's not compulsory until they want to issue PR.
Also, I'm not required to pay for biometrics fee because I have that done previously.
So if what was required was a balance of $1090 for right of PR fees for us the adults- should that lead to a refusal based on payment?
I thought what would happen is to that they notify me to make the right of PR payment?
The refusal letter does not even state that I made any payment at all initially.

To clarify again, I paid $2400 when I first submitted the application in June 2021. However, I requested for refund in February 2022 when I didn't receive any update about the application and thought it was due to the fact that I was a refugee claimant and was not eligible for TR to PR.

But I received request to link my application in April 2022, that was when I then quickly went to pay the PR fees ($1400) for my family except the right of PR."

Lily444

Sep 10, 2019
They always say that they can not do anything and just wait. ....I was afraid because of the pre-arrival letter as I am in Canada not outside of Canada so..
Im not sure bt sometimes calling agent really works especially in near to close situations like these. Anywaz waiting also helps atleast u got clarity everythings done..so now just enjoy

Reactions: harshil23

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
We are a family of 4- 2 adults, 2 children. I paid the PR processing fees but didn't pay the right of PR fee then as that's not compulsory until they want to issue PR.
Also, I'm not required to pay for biometrics fee because I have that done previously.
So if what was required was a balance of $1090 for right of PR fees for us the adults- should that lead to a refusal based on payment?
I thought what would happen is to that they notify me to make the right of PR payment?
The refusal letter does not even state that I made any payment at all initially.

To clarify again, I paid $2400 when I first submitted the application in June 2021. However, I requested for refund in February 2022 when I didn't receive any update about the application and thought it was due to the fact that I was a refugee claimant and was not eligible for TR to PR.

But I received request to link my application in April 2022, that was when I then quickly went to pay the PR fees ($1400) for my family except the right of PR."
I see. So, what has been paid lately are the processing fees for both you and your spouse (2 * $550) plus two dependent fee (2 * $150).

Regarding your situation, "technically" you are not required to pay the Right of Permanent Residency Fee (RPRF) before the application is finalized. The officer however may ask you to pay it earlier than that with an ADR (I saw this a couple of time for TR2PR applicants). In my situation when I asked to pay for my spouse fees, the officer directly asked me to pay all fees at the beginning (in my ADR): "If your spouse or CLP intends to accompany you to Canada at this time, a processing fee of $550, RPRF of $500, and a biometrics fee of $85 must be paid for their application. "

The reason for refusal is due to fact that the officer also wanted you to pay the RPRF fees but based on the content that you've provided from you ADR it's not mentioned clearly what should be paid and that cause the confusion: "Payment Receipt: Our records indicate that you have an outstanding balance of $2490. This must be received at this office by: 2022/05/18". It can be seen from the total amount, but it's not directly mentioned.

Now, can try these two options (I recommend you do both):

1) Find an immigration lawyer with expertise in defending immigration refusals. Book a consultation and explain the case, ask if they can assist you regarding this situation.

2) Identify your local member of parliament (MP) from this site using your postal code. Find their email address and contact them about your case. Mention what has happened and your refusal letter. Explain you have paid the required fee and the letter did not directly asked for RPRF. Ask if they can follow up regarding your case with the immigration office on your behalf - it's faster than webform and you can get a proper respond.

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
They always say that they can not do anything and just wait. ....I was afraid because of the pre-arrival letter as I am in Canada not outside of Canada so..
Pre-arrival letter is the indication that your eligibility is passed. No need to worry about it. They're sending it to both in Canada and outland applicants.

Last edited:

kairipiir

Jul 7, 2022
I submitted my application in July 7th 2021, and linked my application to my account on June 13th 2022, but I have not received and AOR letter. My application has a case number but I have not received an AOR. Does it arrive as an email or a letter in mail? I am really puzzled as everybody seems to be getting their AOR a few days after their account being linked (if not the other way around) but it has been 4 weeks?

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hello,
I'm new here, kindly assist with your advice-
I applied for the TR to PR non essential English in June 2021.
I requested for refund of payment in February 2022 because I didn't hear anything and I was told by people that I didn't qualify as I was previously a refugee claimant.
I got AOR and request to link my application in April 2022 which I successfully linked, I then quickly went to pay the PR fees for my family except the right of PR.
In May 2022 I got ADR for payment receipt, I attached the receipt and it showed that they were reviewing my additional document.
To my surprise today July 2022, I got a refusal letter because I didn't pay but I actually paid!!

Please see the letter below- what can I do because I actually paid, attached the receipt when they requested for the ADR and it was done before the 7 days??

"I have determined that your application does not meet one of the selection criteria described by the TR to PR Pathway public policies:  You did not submit evidence that you paid your processing fees at the time you submitted your TR to PR Pathway application. I am not satisfied that you meet the following TR to PR Pathway selection criteria:  Any applicable fees, including fees for processing an application for permanent residence or for a permanent resident visa under subsection 25.2(1) of the Act, and the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, must be paid at the time of application. A request letter to submit new complete fees was sent to you on 2022/05/11 and you were given 7 days to submit the total amount of the new fees required. As of today, we have not received the complete fees. Article A(16) stipulates: A(16) - Obligation — answer truthfully  16 (1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires. For the reasons set out above, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the TR to PR Pathway. I am therefore refusing your application for permanent residence under article 25.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. The decision communicated in this letter constitutes the definitive and final decision on your present "

Please how else can I show that I paid?? Has anyone experienced this before?
I have not experienced this directly, however, I have heard on other sites where similar situations have happened and they have been able to get it re-opened by explaining and re-submitting the receipts. If I understand your situation from what you've stated, I would immediately raise a webform, AND reply to any IRCC email address or physical address (if any was provided), AND call IRCC (I have always been able to get through if I persist in calling but it may take hours) to ask for their guidance. In the webform, I would include a Letter of Explanation saying that you think there may have been an error or a timing delay in linking up the information you submitted in response to the ADR to your file, that you did pay when you originally applied, that you requested a refund in Feb when you thought that the application was not going to get processed, and then resubmitted the funds promptly when you received an AOR. It seems to me that the agent/officer is requesting BOTH sets of fee receipts -- 1) your most recent fee receipt at time of AOR, AND, 2) your original fee receipt that was provided with the original application. Perhaps these have all been submitted in the past but I would re-submit them all again. Indicate that, to the best of your abilities, you have been truthful and timely in your responses and are submitting the requested information again for further review. Be polite, clear and complete. Best wishes and let us know how it goes.

UPDATE: HAVING NOW READ FURTHER REGARDING YOUR FEE CALCULATIONS/MIS-CALCULATIONS, I AGREE WITH @SmzAmir's ADVICE FROM YESTERDAY.

Last edited:

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
I submitted my application in July 7th 2021, and linked my application to my account on June 13th 2022, but I have not received and AOR letter. My application has a case number but I have not received an AOR. Does it arrive as an email or a letter in mail? I am really puzzled as everybody seems to be getting their AOR a few days after their account being linked (if not the other way around) but it has been 4 weeks?
You may not get a an email or letter in your account that actually has the exact words 'Acknowledgement of Receipt' in it but don't worry if you have not. if you have linked and therefore have an official Application Number, your application is being processed and you can monitor the processing of your application on your account (though it moves slow, not necessarily in the order listed, and the status in each step can be rather vague). On your account under Application Status, it will say something like "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you." I did receive an email stating that:

"Your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Temporary Public Policy: Temporary Resident to Permanent Resident Pathway (TR to PR Pathway) was received electronically by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2021-06-10.
Processing your application
IRCC will now begin processing your application. IRCC may contact you for additional information if needed to reach a final decision. We will send specific instructions on how to provide those documents. Once IRCC has finished reviewing your application, you will be notified and advised of next steps.
Application Updates from IRCC
IRCC will communicate with you through your IRCC secure account. It is your responsibility to check regularly so that you do not miss any updates.
If you do not already have an IRCC secure account, you must create one, and link your application for instant updates and to easily submit additional documents once we request them. This will allow us to receive your documents faster.
Once your application is linked to your account, you will only receive notifications via email to check your online account when we send updates."

Since linking on May 9th, I have received only the email above on May 10th, and a request for a new Medical on June 3rd, which was completed & submitted in June 10th. Still waiting. Best wishes!

P.S. ALWAYS CHECK YOUR JUNK/SPAM FOLDER, TOO!

Last edited:

nakraniyash3

Jul 8, 2022
I have a suggestion for all who have received their AOR around March/April and got a ghost update ( GU ) on June 17th ( which as I saw for many of them in this forum their criminality changed to ongoing again on this date [before was passed] ): Most probably our case officer should be same for all of us, lets keep in touch by replying to this message.
Hey, I am in the same situation as you. I got an GU in June but nothing else. I have contacted MP for an update on my application.

Favourlevel

May 11, 2022
I have not experienced this directly, however, I have heard on other sites where similar situations have happened and they have been able to get it re-opened by explaining and re-submitting the receipts. If I understand your situation from what you've stated, I would immediately raise a webform, AND reply to any IRCC email address or physical address (if any was provided), AND call IRCC (I have always been able to get through if I persist in calling but it may take hours) to ask for their guidance. In the webform, I would include a Letter of Explanation saying that you think there may have been an error or a timing delay in linking up the information you submitted in response to the ADR to your file, that you did pay when you originally applied, that you requested a refund in Feb when you thought that the application was not going to get processed, and then resubmitted the funds promptly when you received an AOR. It seems to me that the agent/officer is requesting BOTH sets of fee receipts -- 1) your most recent fee receipt at time of AOR, AND, 2) your original fee receipt that was provided with the original application. Perhaps these have all been submitted in the past but I would re-submit them all again. Indicate that, to the best of your abilities, you have been truthful and timely in your responses and are submitting the requested information again for further review. Be polite, clear and complete. Best wishes and let us know how it goes.

UPDATE: HAVING NOW READ FURTHER REGARDING YOUR FEE CALCULATIONS/MIS-CALCULATIONS, I AGREE WITH @SmzAmir's ADVICE FROM YESTERDAY.
Hi, unfortunately it's a "do not reply" email and no physical address stated in the letter.
Thanks for the insight to mention my earlier payment, I'll raise another web form and include that. I raised a web form last night attaching the $1400 payment receipt.
I'm still shocked that the officer didn't even acknowledge any payment that I made at all!
Now getting through to IRCc via phone has become almost impossible! I tried almost every other day since May to call them but to no avail!!
Even the web form I raised in April about this same payment was replied to in June!! Only for them to even say that I should send the documents again via another web form!!
Getting through to IRCC is the most frustrating task ever!!

Favourlevel

May 11, 2022
I see. So, what has been paid lately are the processing fees for both you and your spouse (2 * $550) plus two dependent fee (2 * $150).

Regarding your situation, "technically" you are not required to pay the Right of Permanent Residency Fee (RPRF) before the application is finalized. The officer however may ask you to pay it earlier than that with an ADR (I saw this a couple of time for TR2PR applicants). In my situation when I asked to pay for my spouse fees, the officer directly asked me to pay all fees at the beginning (in my ADR): "If your spouse or CLP intends to accompany you to Canada at this time, a processing fee of $550, RPRF of $500, and a biometrics fee of $85 must be paid for their application. "

The reason for refusal is due to fact that the officer also wanted you to pay the RPRF fees but based on the content that you've provided from you ADR it's not mentioned clearly what should be paid and that cause the confusion: "Payment Receipt: Our records indicate that you have an outstanding balance of $2490. This must be received at this office by: 2022/05/18". It can be seen from the total amount, but it's not directly mentioned.

Now, can try these two options (I recommend you do both):

1) Find an immigration lawyer with expertise in defending immigration refusals. Book a consultation and explain the case, ask if they can assist you regarding this situation.

2) Identify your local member of parliament (MP) from this site using your postal code. Find their email address and contact them about your case. Mention what has happened and your refusal letter. Explain you have paid the required fee and the letter did not directly asked for RPRF. Ask if they can follow up regarding your case with the immigration office on your behalf - it's faster than webform and you can get a proper respond.
Hi, yes it's the processing fee for us all that I paid last.
Ok, I will explore the option of the MP.
I'm still shocked that the officer didn't even acknowledge any payment that I made at all!
What I thought to was that if the Right of PR fee was still required before the processing, I'd be asked instead of an outright refusal!
Thanks!

Kirandeep Kaur Maher

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Applied tr to pr pathway stream A Healthcare (English) on Oct 29, 2021 with all documents submitted upfront.
AOR - 14 April 2022
Medical April 14 2022
Biometric submitted already
Application linked same day
Ghost update 1-june 19th 2022
Ghost update 2-july 9th (medical changed from passed to we don't need medical)
MP called to update file moved to Whitehorse
Criminality in process
Eligibility and security not started.
Got my CBSA notes 2 days ago
Info sharing complete
Officer assigned - rc 5414
Application assignment due date 8 June 2022
Security assigned to rc 6262 and due date 2023/4/13
Criminality in process but due date was 16 Feb 2022

I wanted to go India get married this year but it's so unpredictable don't want to get stuck there. Based on this looks like I'll be in the forum for long time.
Still waiting on my gcms notes

• Sad
Reactions: Clei and Lily444

AKDHALIWAL

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Applied tr to pr pathway stream A Healthcare (English) on Oct 29, 2021 with all documents submitted upfront.
AOR - 14 April 2022
Medical April 14 2022
Biometric submitted already
Application linked same day
Ghost update 1-june 19th 2022
Ghost update 2-july 9th (medical changed from passed to we don't need medical)
MP called to update file moved to Whitehorse
Criminality in process
Eligibility and security not started.
Got my CBSA notes 2 days ago
Info sharing complete
Officer assigned - rc 5414
Application assignment due date 8 June 2022
Security assigned to rc 6262 and due date 2023/4/13
Criminality in process but due date was 16 Feb 2022

I wanted to go India get married this year but it's so unpredictable don't want to get stuck there. Based on this looks like I'll be in the forum for long time.
Still waiting on my gcms notes
They are taking too long.

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hi, unfortunately it's a "do not reply" email and no physical address stated in the letter.
Thanks for the insight to mention my earlier payment, I'll raise another web form and include that. I raised a web form last night attaching the $1400 payment receipt.
Now getting through to IRCc via phone has become almost impossible! I tried almost every other day since May to call them but to no avail!!
Even the web form I raised in April about this same payment was replied to in June!! Only for them to even say that I should send the documents again via another web form!!
Getting through to IRCC is the most frustrating task ever!!
I believe that one of the reasons that IRCC has been so forgiving with mistakes (and re-opening or re-evaluating files) is because they are aware that many of the mistakes are their own, and because there are lots of reasons documents can be delayed getting attached to your file via webform submissions because of the enormous back log. So do your best to keep communicating via Webform and the other channels available to you (like MP or immigration lawyer, at least to get the file re-opened). Usually, if I start calling IRCC at 7:55 am (in your timezone) and keep retrying, I'll get through after 10-50 minutes of dialling over and over, then I may sit on hold for another hour or so, or some lines may ask you if you want a call back which I have also done.

Last edited:

Wait1MinorYear

Star Member
May 6, 2022
Hi guys, I have a question about the CBSA note. I applied for it in May and received the CBSA note on Monday after I sent them an email for an update.
On the bottom left of the CBSA note, it says 2022-06-16. Does that mean the CBSA note shows the status on 06-16?