+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
thank you very much for your detailed response It really helps .
Please Another question for a friend of mine.
His dependent was on implied status and then got refused her student/work permit in March (and she has 90days to restore her status)
Now they asked for another imm 5669 form for him and his dependent. The dependent has been unemployed from November till now and was on implicite status from December till March. Please What should he write on activity and status from November till present ? And what should he write on status from march (when the permit extension was refused) till now?
also, does he have to mention the extension refusal of his dependent on the imm 5669 form? (This was the first time she go a permit refused)
Thanks for the help
Yes, all of the past refusals should be mentioned. Q6-d states that if applicant or any dependent listed in the application has any past refusals for temporary visa, visitor visa, etc., then the answer to this question is "Yes" and you need to provide an explanation about why that application was refused, when you applied and what was the application number. There is a section at the bottom which allows you to add the explanation.
Note that this should be mentioned in both applicant AND dependent imm5669.

For the activities, your friend needs to divide the time from November to now based on the changes of status. So, if he/she was unemployed from Nov to Dec, the activity is unemployed and status is work permit. And from Dec when the status changed from work permit to implied, the activity is again unemployed but the status is implied. I am not sure what is your friend's status after March but if it's implied as well you can mention from Dec to now the status is implied.

Reactions: Vanol

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
  • Stream: French International Graduate
  • Submitted: September 28, 2021
  • Linked: January 26, 2022
  • AOR: January 27
  • Biometrics: Requested on January 26, 2022 (Submitted Jan 27)
  • Medical: Submitted
  • Portal request: May 19
  • Additional Documents Request: -
  • COPR: -
How long do you think it'll take to get my COPR? Do you think that by the time they send me portal invitation it means that everything was checked and good to go?
Congratulations!
It depends on the workload of your VO. It can take up to one month from portal to receive eCOPR.

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Hi, there!

My husband and I got a Biometrics letter on 7th May.
However, We can’t find any place that offers this service around my area(Grande Prairie, AB), even within 250 km.

I sent the web form twice, but I didn't get any reply.

Should my family travel 10 hours round trip for biometrics?
I don't want to take a 10-hour round trip for biometrics, which only takes 5 to 10 minutes.

What should we do now?
You need to provide the biometrics. There is no way that you can get an exemption in your case.
Make sure you do it before the deadline mentioned in the letter.

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Hi all, Do I get PR this year? or would it roll down to next? What do IRCC mean by allotting OWP to Spouse back home? Does it mean they will stop processing PR application?

Here is my time line. Worried :-(

Applied: May 06th , 8:55 pm Est.
Jan 04th : submitted change of status from single to married via webform.
AOR: Feb 15th
Linked: Feb 15th
Medical : passed- Feb 15th
Bio-metrics: Not required
ADR for PCC & Spouse related documents : Feb 15th
As I travelled back home, I applied new PCC. Asked for some extra time to submit the docs.
ADR Docs submitted: my PCC, Wife Medicals, Wife PCC from India & all the forms and questionnaire on April 14th.
Docs Received: April 20 & dependent added to file and can be viewed in secure account.
Medical Passed again: April 20 (Probably my wife medicals)
Background: We are processing your background check.
Nobody knows the answer to your first question. That's the golden question here!
But IRCC didn't stop processing TR2PR applications. They introduced the new measures to give the officer less workload to process the applications in the backlog and at the same time temporary workers can maintain their status until a decision has been made on their file.

Vanol

May 24, 2022
Yes, all of the past refusals should be mentioned. Q6-d states that if applicant or any dependent listed in the application has any past refusals for temporary visa, visitor visa, etc., then the answer to this question is "Yes" and you need to provide an explanation about why that application was refused, when you applied and what was the application number. There is a section at the bottom which allows you to add the explanation.
Note that this should be mentioned in both applicant AND dependent imm5669.

For the activities, your friend needs to divide the time from November to now based on the changes of status. So, if he/she was unemployed from Nov to Dec, the activity is unemployed and status is work permit. And from Dec when the status changed from work permit to implied, the activity is again unemployed but the status is implied. I am not sure what is your friend's status after March but if it's implied as well you can mention from Dec to now the status is implied.
Thank you very much
His depend is out of status presently since March and is still in the 90 days of restoration of status. And we don’t know if it would be better for him to write out of status in the imm 5669 form or if that would affect his application.
he is also thinking of removing his dependent as accompanying (changing from accompanying to non accompanying if that is possible)
What is the best option for him please?

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Thank you very much
His depend is out of status presently since March and is still in the 90 days of restoration of status. And we don’t know if it would be better for him to write out of status in the imm 5669 form or if that would affect his application.
he is also thinking of removing his dependent as accompanying (changing from accompanying to non accompanying if that is possible)
What is the best option for him please?
Your wlc. For this case, I advise you to talk to an immigration consultant. These are some specific use cases and they can help you better on that.

Sid_116

Star Member
Mar 4, 2022
Nobody knows the answer to your first question. That's the golden question here!
But IRCC didn't stop processing TR2PR applications. They introduced the new measures to give the officer less workload to process the applications in the backlog and at the same time temporary workers can maintain their status until a decision has been made on their file.
Thank you.

Reactions: SmzAmir

WaiterForEver

Star Member
May 20, 2022
Honestly there is no timeline for TR2PR applications. Some of them gets concluded in 3-4 months, others takes 7-8 months or even more.
What used to be an estimate for eligibility in CEC was something like 4 months but as I said I haven't seen this pattern in TR2PR.
Same thing for security. It can be anytime from a week up to 2-3 months.

Thank you Amir

Reactions: SmzAmir

xxx ppppp

Feb 3, 2022
hello guys, i got the reply from my mp, which says my app is still in whitehorse
Here are two sentences about the security and criminal checking:
  • The criminality verifications are currently valid for the applicant(s).
  • The security verifications are currently valid for the applicant(s).
Are these meaning that both of these two things are still in progress?
Can anyone help me with the question above? Are these two sentences meaning they are still in progress?

Last edited:

yoma01

May 22, 2022
Have you tried linking the application using your passport and UCI?

You can try to reach the client center here:
  • telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
    • Client Support Centre agents—Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays. Services are available in French and English.
      • Agents can help you with general and case specific enquiries. They cannot:
        • make decisions on applications
        • help process applications faster, unless you meet the criteria for urgent processing
or your MP (member of parliament) from here https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en by searching using your postal code and email him/her and ask to follow up your immigration case on your behalf.

If your file is not in the system yet, you can get a TFN (Temporary File Number) which will be your application number excluding the "X" at the begining.

You can also apply for EE. There is no issue with having a PR application in both TR2PR program and CEC. However, you need to consider that you need to pay processing fee and right of permanent residency for yourself and your dependents (if applicable). If you got approval from any of them, you can only get a refund for right of permanent residency (after AOR) for the application that is not finalized yet. In addition, I don't think you can get the result of CEC before TR2PR, given the current processing time and backlog.

You can apply for an extension for your WP. There is a policy right now that you can extend it until Dec 2022 and another one coming in a month which allows you to extend it for up to 18months. I've prepared an explanation here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/2021-tr-to-pr-pathway-aor-timelines-join-here.731318/post-10090128
Thank you soo much, I'm currently on hold with the, I tried linking my account using my passport and UCI and I also tried using my full name and DOB, nothing worked

xxx ppppp

Feb 3, 2022
This means that your criminality and security are passed (finished).
Do you know the status of your eligibility and info sharing?
  • The application was received at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney (CIO), Nova Scotia on May 6, 2021.
  • The initial assessment to ensure the applicant's submission is complete, has been finalized on November 8, 2021.
  • The Whitehorse IRCC office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the applicant and their family members (if applicable) meet the eligibility requirements under the class for which they have applied.
    • the eligibility requirements assessment was finalized on November 22, 2021.
  • The medical examination results are on file and valid until May 10, 2023 for the applicant(s).

Here is everything in the email from my mp, but I didn't see any updates about the info sharing, could you please check it? I believe the eligibility passed because the agent on the phone told me twice about it

AKDHALIWAL

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
  • The application was received at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney (CIO), Nova Scotia on May 6, 2021.
  • The initial assessment to ensure the applicant's submission is complete, has been finalized on November 8, 2021.
  • The Whitehorse IRCC office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the applicant and their family members (if applicable) meet the eligibility requirements under the class for which they have applied.
    • the eligibility requirements assessment was finalized on November 22, 2021.
  • The medical examination results are on file and valid until May 10, 2023 for the applicant(s).

Here is everything in the email from my mp, but I didn't see any updates about the info sharing, could you please check it? I believe the eligibility passed because the agent on the phone told me twice about it
Hey! How did you get in touch with the agent. I try daily and start calling them from 8.00 am.
Thanks

jacob1234

Aug 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Finally got my PR!!!
  • Stream: French International Graduate
  • Submitted: September 28, 2021
  • Linked: January 26, 2022
  • AOR: January 27
  • Biometrics: Requested on January 26, 2022 (Submitted Jan 27)
  • Medical: Submitted
  • Portal request: May 19
  • COPR: May 25
Did you receive any ghost updates or documents requested between AOR and portal requests?