+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

Udddy

Star Member
May 13, 2021
IG stream: 12:31 pm EST Linked: Aug 27 AOR: Aug 30 1st ghost update: Sep 15 2nd ghost update : sep 19 3rd ghost update : Sep 24

Last edited:
Reactions: Novera

byqc

May 26, 2021
Stream: International Graduate (English)
Applied: May 06, 2021 12:58pm EST
Biometrics Fee Request: Sep 21, paid on Sep 24
Biometrics Letter Request:
Linked: September 16
AOR: September 22
PCC Request: September 16 Uploaded on same day (So far no email about this, I found the request on website only)
Medical:
Portal Email:
Portal Credentials:
eCOPR:

Today's new finding. I linked before AoR, as shown above. And then today I tried to log in GCkey with login ID and password (since winter until today I have been logging in with a sign-in partner, call it B).
I found my old visa application in Summer 2020 when I logged in GCkey with ID and PW (call it A). There was no EE profile I created on B in winter nor application for PGWP on B.
When I looked into the detail of A, I found new request (about Bio Fee). I never saw it on B.
I found that the receipt date of the request letter was as of today, but the date on the letter was Sep 21, before AoR (on Sep 22).
AND, the due date shown on the "document update" page was Sep 21, though there is no specific due date on the letter.
(So I filed LoE with the payment receipt.)

Bottom line:
1) I did not know that logging in with GCkey and with sign-in partner lead us to different accounts. I do not remember how I create my account but this fact really surprised me. I think I used only one email address. Notification for a visa application in last summer and those for application this year are coming to the same email address.

2) Trying to linking before AoR is good, and sometimes it makes us happy if linked. And it may make you find document request letter earlier. Actually it was 6 days after linking when I received AoR, while by linking earlier I found a letter requiring a document within 30 days from the letter (issued 1 day before linking). I saved one week by linking before AoR.
However, I would recommend people to log in and link by another method or create another account after AoR. Letters issued after linking may not be found without creating/logging in otherwise.

Reactions: Novera

Udddy

Star Member
May 13, 2021
I linked 2 days before I got AOR so I want to clarify something. When they request for additional documents. Do you get an email notifying you of the request ?

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
Stream: International Graduate (English)
Applied: May 06, 2021 12:58pm EST
Biometrics Fee Request: Sep 21, paid on Sep 24
Biometrics Letter Request:
Linked: September 16
AOR: September 22
PCC Request: September 16 Uploaded on same day (So far no email about this, I found the request on website only)
Medical:
Portal Email:
Portal Credentials:
eCOPR:

Today's new finding. I linked before AoR, as shown above. And then today I tried to log in GCkey with login ID and password (since winter until today I have been logging in with a sign-in partner, call it B).
I found my old visa application in Summer 2020 when I logged in GCkey with ID and PW (call it A). There was no EE profile I created on B in winter nor application for PGWP on B.
When I looked into the detail of A, I found new request (about Bio Fee). I never saw it on B.
I found that the receipt date of the request letter was as of today, but the date on the letter was Sep 21, before AoR (on Sep 22).
AND, the due date shown on the "document update" page was Sep 21, though there is no specific due date on the letter.
(So I filed LoE with the payment receipt.)

Bottom line:
1) I did not know that logging in with GCkey and with sign-in partner lead us to different accounts. I do not remember how I create my account but this fact really surprised me. I think I used only one email address. Notification for a visa application in last summer and those for application this year are coming to the same email address.

2) Trying to linking before AoR is good, and sometimes it makes us happy if linked. And it may make you find document request letter earlier. Actually it was 6 days after linking when I received AoR, while by linking earlier I found a letter requiring a document within 30 days from the letter (issued 1 day before linking). I saved one week by linking before AoR.
However, I would recommend people to log in and link by another method or create another account after AoR. Letters issued after linking may not be found without creating/logging in otherwise.
IRCC updated website on August 17, 2021

If you’re applying under the Temporary Resident to Permanent Resident Pathway
  • make sure to link your application to your IRCC secure account after you receive your acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) letter or email
  • you’ll then be able to upload documents we request from you in your IRCC secure account
(after was bold by IRCC)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html

Reactions: maxiie

Nomad12345

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
Can i apply through webform
?
Web form is hit and miss. You could do it, but may take time fir ircc to acknowledge. I believe they are not so strict about the payment, coz the system was down on the day of applications. If I am in your position I would wait for aor and submit after that.

Nomad12345

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
IRCC updated website on August 17, 2021

If you’re applying under the Temporary Resident to Permanent Resident Pathway
  • make sure to link your application to your IRCC secure account after you receive your acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) letter or email
  • you’ll then be able to upload documents we request from you in your IRCC secure account
(after was bold by IRCC)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html
However, there are few cases that never got an aor and had pending request letter and missed the deadline.

Reactions: maxiie

byqc

May 26, 2021
If an application is linked to sign in partner. Can it still be linked to gc key?
I could. Before AoR I linked from sign-in partner. And then after AoR I could link from GCkey.
You will receive an email like below.

Your application is no longer linked to your account.

Your application (EXXXXXXXXXX) that was linked to this account is now linked to another account.