+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

dp11111

Apr 14, 2022
Hey Everyone,
Just received PR portal request (Applied July 11 2021 Stream B). I have a question. I renewed my Indian passport recently but received portal request before I could raise a webform. How can I inform IRCC regarding new travel document? Do I need to inform? Cause my old one is still valid till Dec 2023.
Thanks in advance.

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hello everyone,
There are so many websites with different prices where I can apply for GCMS notes. Would you suggest one that works well?
Thanks
From 2 of my previous posts:

You can order your GCMS notes through ATIP from either IRCC or CBSA. My fee was $5 last October. For the most part, they contain very similar information but I recommend CBSA as being faster (they get/process fewer requests & therefore may be faster). If you want to learn more about the differences & how to read your notes once you get them, read this:
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/how-to-read-and-interpret-the-gcms-notes/

Apply for GCMS notes through CBSA (they tend to be a little faster than IRCC). Mine took about 3 weeks in Oct 2022. Quoted from @SmzAmir back in May 2022:

“Applying for CBSA note is very similar to apply for GCMS note via IRCC.

This is how to apply for CBSA note:
1) Start the request from this page and click next to start:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

2) Accept the privacy note to continue

3) On the next page for department select Canada Border Services Agency.
For the next drop down select Individual/corporation currently present in Canada then enter your personal information.
The last three dropdowns at the bottom of the page should be "Yes", "Member of the Public" and "electronic copy", respectively.

4) For next page, select Access to Information Act and for type of records select Case Files. Then, enter the remaining information.
In the explanation box at the bottom make sure to include the followings:
- permanent residency under TR2PR pathway
- application #
- UCI
- Date submitted
- Full name of the principal applicant
- Date of birth

Then, continue to payment page. The cost is the same as GCMS which is $5.”

bahram2263

Jul 10, 2020
that's not true, there're many of us left just like you. Just keep waiting otherwise apply under different PR stream, nothing is stopping you from that.
When my file is destined to doom in security, do you think another application will be passing through??

hopingfortrtopr

Star Member
Jan 23, 2023
Hey Everyone,
Just received PR portal request (Applied July 11 2021 Stream B). I have a question. I renewed my Indian passport recently but received portal request before I could raise a webform. How can I inform IRCC regarding new travel document? Do I need to inform? Cause my old one is still valid till Dec 2023.
Thanks in advance.
@CherAmie

kagawa

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
Hey Everyone,
Thanks in advance.
Personally, I don't think you need to as your old passport is still valid. I'm also not sure if it would affect your PR completion.

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hello Newbies (& Oldies),

Please consider putting your basic (or detailed) timeline in your signature to save us from asking for it over & over, & so we can delight in your progress!

Click on your account icon (avatar) at the top of this screen, click on ‘signature’, enter your timeline & don’t forget to click ‘save.’
A few more pointers about putting timelines in your Signatures:
  • don't forget to 'Save' after you input it &/or update it
For readers of the thread, or anywhere on this forum:
  • if you are reading using your cell phone (possibly dependent on phone model), you might not be able to see signatures when you are holding the phone vertically, but able to see them when you rotate the phone horizontally (I can on my Apple 12)
  • if reading on your laptop or PC, you should be able to see signatures
  • and, if the person posting permits viewing, you can also click on their Avatar in their post, and their signature should appear in the 'About' tab

Last edited:

Preet Patel

Mar 8, 2023
Seems to be alot of the files are moving since last 2 days. I have checked Facebook forum and more than 10-20 applicants (who applied on 10-11-12 July) are getting approval.

I am not sure but it seems they work on file in range( like from July 7-13) and if everything is upfront and other departments have there work done( such as rcmp/criminality, background check or whatever) they give them there approval letter. Thats how we see people how applied on last dates (15,16 July) are getting approved before some. And in other cases if something is left over or they need ADR they request one and set a reminder for the files that they will touch in 2 weeks or even a month( just example).
Just hope for the best and have faith. Lately but lately will hear a good news. And rush for what we are waiting to do after approval.

I am 16th July applicant too (4:00AM) from toronfo, ON. Last time and for the 1st time i spoke to an agent was a month ago and he said nothing has been started.

16july

Star Member
Feb 15, 2023
Seems to be alot of the files are moving since last 2 days. I have checked Facebook forum and more than 10-20 applicants (who applied on 10-11-12 July) are getting approval.

I am not sure but it seems they work on file in range( like from July 7-13) and if everything is upfront and other departments have there work done( such as rcmp/criminality, background check or whatever) they give them there approval letter. Thats how we see people how applied on last dates (15,16 July) are getting approved before some. And in other cases if something is left over or they need ADR they request one and set a reminder for the files that they will touch in 2 weeks or even a month( just example).
Just hope for the best and have faith. Lately but lately will hear a good news. And rush for what we are waiting to do after approval.

I am 16th July applicant too (4:00AM) from toronfo, ON. Last time and for the 1st time i spoke to an agent was a month ago and he said nothing has been started.
share facebook group webpage thanks i am on same boat,16th july 2.02 am submission AOR 4th August , ADR 15th August

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hey Everyone,
Thanks in advance.
I am not an expert in this area but given that you are about to proceed to PR status, and I don't know if you are inside or outside of Canada:
  • According to IRCC: A valid visa inside an expired document is considered valid. Make sure you have both your old passport with the valid visa and your new passport with you when travelling to Canada.
  • Some countries 'invalidate' old passport numbers if a new one has been issued -- I don't know enough about your countries practices.
Otherwise, if you are in Canada, it appears the following is the case:
  • Once you have obtained your PR card, your passport is no longer needed by IRCC. It won't matter if your passport # changes, it does not need to be linked to your PR card.
  • When you renew your PR card in 5 years, it will reflect your new passport information. Until then, it is not required.
UPDATE: However, when you get your first PR card-- IRCC also says "Like a TRV, your PR visa will only be issued to the validity of your passport at a maximum. You will have to enter Canada to validate your CoPR on or before that date. If your PR visa expires and you do not complete the landing process in time, you will have to apply all over again."

So you may want to reply to that first PR portal email (answering the questions on whether or not you are inside or outside of Canada) with a question about whether they would like a copy of your new passport with the longer expiry date, or if they provide you with a card with a validity date limited by the date of your old passport, you can renew it later this year with the new passport.

Last edited:
Reactions: Preet Patel

Abbycrocs

Star Member
Jul 10, 2021
I am not an expert in this area but given that you are about to proceed to PR status, and I don't know if you are inside or outside of Canada:
  • According to IRCC: A valid visa inside an expired document is considered valid. Make sure you have both your old passport with the valid visa and your new passport with you when travelling to Canada.
  • Some countries 'invalidate' old passport numbers if a new one has been issued -- I don't know enough about your countries practices.
Otherwise, if you are in Canada, it appears the following is the case:
  • Once you have obtained your PR card, your passport is no longer needed by IRCC. It won't matter if your passport # changes, it does not need to be linked to your PR card.
  • When you renew your PR card in 5 years, it will reflect your new passport information. Until then, it is not required.
FYI - your eCOPR will have the travel document number on it for the passport number you applied with, but if it expires, it should not affect your PR status as long as you remain in Canada. When you renew your PR card or need to travel, you will obviously need an updated passport.
I am not an expert, but i think the validity of the PR is till the validity of passport. So, if this is the case, you may get your PR renewed once you have the card with the new passport information. Cheers !

Reactions: maxiie and CherAmie