+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

Jagnoor102

Nov 28, 2022
Oh my God. So WO extension took more than 4 months? which date was in the letter when did you apply?
I applied on 1 september 2022. My work permit was expiring on 28 December, 2022. Thats why i applied 4 months before. The wp-ext letter they gave me had a expiring date of 31 december, 2022. After my work permit expired i called ircc to give me a proof that i can still work so they send me an email stating that i can still work under same conditions. Last week i again called ircc and the agent told me as processing time is 164 days right now so your file will be processed soon. Yesterday i got ghost update that they started reviewing eligibility and today it is approved. It was just a matter of 2 days and they took 5 months 7 days to process. Ircc is crazy and they dont understand how difficult and stressful these processes are for applicants when they have to just wait without any work being seen on your file. Now i feel little relaxed as i have permit till dec 2024.

Last edited:

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I have one question. What happens if someone leaves country after approval?E-copr is not issued yet.
I would wait to travel. This is what IRCC says:

I need to leave Canada and I do not have a permanent resident card. Can I later return to Canada without a PR card?
You need a valid permanent resident (PR) card to return to Canada by plane, train, bus or boat. If you know your card will expire when you’re travelling, renew itbefore you leave. You can only renew your card in Canada. We don’t send PR cards to non-Canadian addresses and we don’t allow third parties to get them for you.
If you’re outside Canada and don’t have a valid PR card, you need a permanent resident travel document (PRTD) to return to Canada. You can only apply for a PRTD from outside Canada. If you try to return to Canada without a PR card or PRTD, you may not be able to take your flight, train, bus or boat to Canada.
If you leave Canada without a valid PR card, you must apply for a PRTD to re-enter Canada.
It might take longer than normal to process your PRTD application. This could delay your return to Canada.

pabloC10

Star Member
Apr 6, 2022
Hey @CherAmie, since you are an expert :p , I have a question. I do have my GCMS notes and at the end in one section it says " Text: Medical Reassessment Requested". but I never got any ADR, and as per my recent call with ircc agent it was stated that my medical is passed and expired. Should I be concerned?

Reactions: Silhouette

Jagnoor102

Nov 28, 2022
1 question- i have visitor trv stamp on my passport till sept. 2025 when i extended my work permit in 2021. So i dont think i need to apply for another trv stamp. If anyone can reconfirm it. Plz

Jagnoor102

Nov 28, 2022
Hey @CherAmie, since you are an expert :p , I have a question. I do have my GCMS notes and at the end in one section it says " Text: Medical Reassessment Requested". but I never got any ADR, and as per my recent call with ircc agent it was stated that my medical is passed and expired. Should I be concerned?
I guess it is for ircc's internal assessment to check. Because on my cbsa notes, it is written medical reassessment requested and then granted back in november 2022. Recently my medical passed on 27 jan. So i guess no need to worry from my side. You can still wait for @CherAmie's reply.

pabloC10

Star Member
Apr 6, 2022
I guess it is for ircc's internal assessment to check. Because on my cbsa notes, it is written medical reassessment requested and then granted back in november 2022. Recently my medical passed on 27 jan. So i guess no need to worry from my side. You can still wait for @CherAmie's reply.
Hehe Thank you so much for the reply, my anxiety was through the roof. :)

Reactions: Jagnoor102

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
There have been several temporary policies over the last few years regarding medicals which is why there has been some flipping back & forth on the need, or not, for new Medicals. The current temporary policy has been in place since Oct 2022 is as follows—from IRCC:

We've put in place a temporary public policy for immigration medical exams (IMEs) until October 6, 2024. If you completed an IME within 5 years of submitting your new application, include the IME number (or the unique medical identifier number) from your previous exam in your current application.

aidinvm

Jan 24, 2023
I applied on 1 september 2022. My work permit was expiring on 28 December, 2022. Thats why i applied 4 months before. The wp-ext letter they gave me had a expiring date of 31 december, 2022. After my work permit expired i called ircc to give me a proof that i can still work so they send me an email stating that i can still work under same conditions. Last week i again called ircc and the agent told me as processing time is 164 days right now so your file will be processed soon. Yesterday i got ghost update that they started reviewing eligibility and today it is approved. It was just a matter of 2 days and they took 5 months 7 days to process. Ircc is crazy and they dont understand how difficult and stressful these processes are for applicants when they have to just wait without any work being seen on your file. Now i feel little relaxed as i have permit till dec 2024.
I applied for OWP (TR-PR) on Sep 26 and so far no progerss at all. My premit expierd on Dec 28 and I already passed 1 month extension stated on the IRCC letter. On top of everything, I'm still waiting to see some updates on my PR application (if any). I applied on May 06, 2021! really frustrating!

Reactions: CherAmie

Eddy17

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
I applied for OWP (TR-PR) on Sep 26 and so far no progerss at all. My premit expierd on Dec 28 and I already passed 1 month extension stated on the IRCC letter. On top of everything, I'm still waiting to see some updates on my PR application (if any). I applied on May 06, 2021! really frustrating!
mis 5.5 to 6 months, you will get it soon !

Eddy17

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
tomorrow I will pass my provisional 2 months extension, I hope get my new work permit by March

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
I just spoke to agent and he said that no one had touched my file since long (since a few months). He will put a reminder note about my file. You know guys, this is the reason for delay of our files. If they were actually working on it, they would have finished it soon enough. They are waiting till almost end of their "due date" to finish off stuff. smh

PRJuneChaser

Star Member
Feb 1, 2023
I just spoke to agent and he said that no one had touched my file since long (since a few months). He will put a reminder note about my file. You know guys, this is the reason for delay of our files. If they were actually working on it, they would have finished it soon enough. They are waiting till almost end of their "due date" to finish off stuff. smh
Same here...mine had never been opened since Nov 2022 according to agent and mp...also immigration minister's office.... I sent.emails to.all of them and the answer was the same....