+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

Arpitjr

Feb 7, 2023
My friend got this in her e-mail today
<<IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal- (Calgary xxxxx - App # - xxxxxxxx)
but no changes in gckey portal. This probably means PR approved?? Can someone who has already got the mail guide with correct steps ahead?
Timeline
Applied July 7,2021
AOR June 7,2022
PCC request letter June 7, 2022 (had uploaded only application form while applying)
Medical Passed June 24, 2022
ADR Schedule A Jan 30,2023
Reviewing Additional documents Feb 1, 2023
Ghost update 6th Feb
PR Portal mail 7th Feb

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
My friend got this in her e-mail today
<<IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal- (Calgary xxxxx - App # - xxxxxxxx)
but no changes in gckey portal. This probably means PR approved?? Can someone who has already got the mail guide with correct steps ahead?
As @hopingfortrtopr said, yes on PR approval … and the online account may not show a change in status for a long time.

hopingfortrtopr

Star Member
Jan 23, 2023
Timeline
Applied July 7,2021
AOR June 7,2022
PCC request letter June 7, 2022 (had uploaded only application form while applying)
Ghost update 6th Feb
PR Portal mail 7th Feb
God damn my timelines is very close to hers . Hopefully something positive comes of it. Big congrats to you and your friend!!!!

Jagnoor102

Nov 28, 2022
Timeline
Applied July 7,2021
AOR June 7,2022
Ghost update 6th Feb
PR Portal mail 7th Feb
I have applied on july 8, aor on june 8, 2022. When will i get PR.
Anyways congratulations

Reactions: hopingfortrtopr

Waiting....

Jul 26, 2022
Good Morning people,
My medical passed on 19 january, 2023 and I received a call from the visa officer who is processing my file about my spouse if he has arrived in Canada and I said yes. (received on 23 January,2023)

She said I will try to process your application today or if i need to request something I will do today but I haven't gotten any ADR request or approval yet.

I called IRCC last week she said my file is in progress, keep an eye on email.

I applied May 6, 2021

Thank you

helpneeded_please

Star Member
Jan 23, 2023
Someone help me, I'm totally screwed. I applied for tr to pr pathway while on study permit on July 16th. I tried restoring my study permit last year and got a refusal 8 days ago. I am no longer eligible to restore as the regulated 90 days have passed and I have been told to leave Canada. Will being out of status affect my tr to pr?
Are you still studying? or do you have an offer letter from the university or any institution? if not then its okay for the study permit to get a refusal- in that case what @CherAmie is saying may work and you should apply for OWP(open work permit) right away. But again- apply for OWP only if you have been already graduated from the institution.

These are all the suggestions you may receive it from this forum. Strong suggestion is to hire a good lawyer and get the work started. But please hire a lawyer not the consultant as I am stuck with the consultant situation- so just an experience speaking here. Hire a lawyer.

Reactions: CherAmie

xspada

Feb 7, 2023
I hope you will receive PR in the next month or so, however, just in case it takes longer, you should apply for an 'OWP under TR to PR Pathway.' You are eligible immediately so include a Letter of Explanation explaining the urgency of your application.

Read this on IRCC's website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/special-initiatives-pilot-project/tr-pr-pathway.html

And these are the guidelines, read them carefully all the way through a several times:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/tr-pr-pathway/open-work-permit.html

The guidelines for 'OWP under TR to PR' are slightly different from a regular 'OWP' application, so read the details carefully. The 'OWP under TR to PR' guidelines will tell you to put certain answers into boxes that don't necessarily make sense but follow them anyway. Only follow the general OWP guidelines when the OWP under TR to PR guidelines do not tell you to do something else. Best wishes!
Thanks but I don't think I'm eligible to apply for owp since I'm already out of status and past the regulated 90 days period. My only option right now is to travel back home.
My life sucks

• Sad
Reactions: helpneeded_please

helpneeded_please

Star Member
Jan 23, 2023
Thanks but I don't think I'm eligible to apply for owp since I'm already out of status and past the regulated 90 days period. My only option right now is to travel back home.
My life sucks
Do you have states visa?
Don't go home or else it will be very difficult to come back in Canada- why don't you ask a lawyer and send a letter stating that your PR is still under process.

Reactions: maxiie

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Umm guys- I know it is a very dumb question but what is ECOPR and GCMS/CBSA notes?
ECOPR is electronic confirmation of permanent residence. It will arrive after you receive your PR email (and respond to it) and after your receive your PR Portal (and confirm & submit photo). After your ECOPR, you will receive your PR card.

GCMS/CBSA notes means the IRCC file notes on your application in the Global Case Management System. You can order your GCMS notes through ATIP (Access to Information and Privacy) through IRCC or through CBSA (Canada Border Services Agency who typically do parts of the Background Check). GCMS notes have been abbreviated a bit over the years to automate them somewhat (so that they don't have to be individually reviewed to redact certain information) but the content from IRCC or CBSA are very similar. IRCC orders typically have taken more time than CBSA orders because of lower volume of orders but even they have slowed down a bit recently because more orders are now going in through CBSA (because more people have figured out that they are faster.)