+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

Letcic

Aug 2, 2021
Don't know how long it will take to receive the permit, but in my case I receive the temporary extension letter 2 days after applied. Now they have to review everything that I sent. You will spend the same amount of time that you spent over the TRtoPR application for this extension. +$150 for each person.

The only limitation will be stuck inside Canada until you receive the paper version Work Permit.
Thank you for the response.

Just to make it clear, because it's vital for me.
This temporary extension letter allows you to work for anyone within Canada? Right?

Because, in my case I'd like to change my employer.

cheeku1210

Apr 16, 2019
I put some wrong information in Background declaration form. Do i need to wait for document request (particular that form ) or submit a webform with new form.

Medical passed
PCC and IELTS ADR submiteed.
BGC is in process.

Please suggest what should i do ?

Sid_116

Star Member
Mar 4, 2022
I feel you bro, I am in exactly same situation like yours.

I even tried applying Visitor Visa for my wife, but it got rejected. I was told by several consultants that it is highly likely that Visitor Visa will get rejected again. Also, work permits are taking ~1 year.

I am waiting for the new policy to be rolled out, so that I can apply for OWP for my wife and travel back home to reunite with her while we wait for PR or her OWP to be approved.
That's great , you can visit. My employer doesn't allow me to take vacation due to business needs. It's so frustrating. What if OWP takes another 6 months? THE MOST UNCERTAIN /NON-TRANSPARENT IMMIGRATION SYSTEM EVER

Reactions: maxiie and Lily444

Sid_116

Star Member
Mar 4, 2022
Unfortunately, you cannot expedite the process and I think the new OWP is the only way we can bring our dependent to Canada.
Honestly, I don't recommend applying for visitor visa or anything else, like others I also did that and they rejected the application which is very frustrating. But at least you can avoid it and keep your dependent record clean.
Thank you for being so helpful in this group. Yeah can do nothing but wait...wait ....and wait again.

Reactions: SmzAmir

sharma.a

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022
That's great , you can visit. My employer doesn't allow me to take vacation due to business needs. It's so frustrating. What if OWP takes another 6 months? THE MOST UNCERTAIN /NON-TRANSPARENT IMMIGRATION SYSTEM EVER
Thankfully my employer is okay for me to work remotely from India.

You are right, the new OWP might very well take 6 months or more. However, I hope that they process it quicker as the whole idea of introducing it is for family reunification.

Nonetheless, as you said the system is very uncertain and lacks transparency. So all we can do is be patient and hopeful.

Reactions: Sid_116

ismaiel.hydro

Mar 22, 2022
I just got some feedback through an IRCC agent.
Does info sharing: passed mean anything good (i.e., security is about to be passed?)?
or it's just as simple/easy as criminality and medical.

zuizui

Jan 24, 2022
I just called IRCC agent and the agent told me everything is completed.
Primary office : Whitehorse. Secondary office : Sydney.
What's the different between primary and secondary office? I'm still waiting portal

Rishabh Katyal

Aug 2, 2018
What's the different between primary and secondary office? I'm still waiting portal
My primary office is Whitehorse and secondary is Calgary
Still stuck on bg check
Since April 2022

Reactions: zuizui

JACKPT

May 25, 2022
Congras!
Would you please share your timeline? I have the same offices as yours.

Reactions: zuizui

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
The primary office will review the application and the secondary office will finalize the application and send you the portal request.

Reactions: zuizui and Lily444

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
I just got some feedback through an IRCC agent.
Does info sharing: passed mean anything good (i.e., security is about to be passed?)?
or it's just as simple/easy as criminality and medical.
When info sharing is done, usually the security check starts which is the final review of your background check.
The security should be faster I think specially if everything else is passed.