+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

JACKPT

May 25, 2022
Whitehorse is really too slow. In my case Criminality passed but they haven’t start eligibility and security yet. Frustrated on their system.
In my case,
eligibility and info sharing in progress in 6+ months. others not start yet,
whitehorse :- (

Marktup

Feb 17, 2022
Whitehorse is really too slow. In my case Criminality passed but they haven’t start eligibility and security yet. Frustrated on their system.
Me too,
When I called the ircc agent she said that my files were transferred to the whitehorse on April 9, but they haven’t started criminality, eligibility and security yet.

DEEP60$

Star Member
May 26, 2022
I called them every week, sometimes 2 times a day, nothing help, just told me waiting with patience, everyting is in process.
Try to be focused on other life events. There is no way, we can only pray for the best. I know its very easy to say but harder to apply. hope you will get portal confirmation soon.

Reactions: modmaxbc

JACKPT

May 25, 2022
Try to be focused on other life events. There is no way, we can only pray for the best. I know its very easy to say but harder to apply. hope you will get portal confirmation soon.
Thank you, hope you get yours soon!
Hope there will be not too many absence in the coming summer holiday season in whitehorse office!

Ramin_eg

Jan 15, 2022
Hello Everyone,

My timeline as of now:

Applied: June 25, 2021 (7:30AM EST) Essential Stream
Linked: May 02, 2022
Portal: Application linked
Request Letter: May 03, 2022

I got a request to submit PCC in the portal, but it is asking for an expiry date in the form when submitting.

My PCC is from India, issued in July 2021, there was no expiry date on it, as per the Indian Consulate website, it expired after 6 months in Jan 2022.

I haven't travelled back to India after PCC.
I am confused as to what to do to submit this, since many people in the forum shared that expired will work in such cases.

Please guide me, if anyone has a similar experience.
I already submitted PCC via webform on May 4, 2022, but haven't received any reply yet.
I asked for PCC too and I had same problem as you. I only insert fake expiration date which was date of submission mu PCC. I did not receive any response yet but I know if we did not back to our country since expiration date we can submit the old one

Sid_116

Star Member
Mar 4, 2022
You should wait until the details become available in mid-June. There is not a guideline about how this process works at the moment.
However, I don't think you need to apply for an extension for yourself, your wife (your dependent) can get an OWP with the duration of your current valid permit since you (the principal applicant) applied under TR2PR policy.
Thank you! My AOR on Feb 15th with dependent. Nothing happened till date. It's almost 8 months we got separated. Are there any other possible ways to expedite my wife's process to bring her to Canada? I know chances are thin but still asking. Now, I am worried, whether my file get processed atleast this year?

sharma.a

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022
Thank you! My AOR on Feb 15th with dependent. Nothing happened till date. It's almost 8 months we got separated. Are there any other possible ways to expedite my wife's process to bring her to Canada? I know chances are thin but still asking. Now, I am worried, whether my file get processed atleast this year?
I feel you bro, I am in exactly same situation like yours.

I even tried applying Visitor Visa for my wife, but it got rejected. I was told by several consultants that it is highly likely that Visitor Visa will get rejected again. Also, work permits are taking ~1 year.

I am waiting for the new policy to be rolled out, so that I can apply for OWP for my wife and travel back home to reunite with her while we wait for PR or her OWP to be approved.

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
I feel you bro, I am in exactly same situation like yours.

I even tried applying Visitor Visa for my wife, but it got rejected. I was told by several consultants that it is highly likely that Visitor Visa will get rejected again. Also, work permits are taking ~1 year.

I am waiting for the new policy to be rolled out, so that I can apply for OWP for my wife and travel back home to reunite with her while we wait for PR or her OWP to be approved.
so have you given your Canadian residence as mailing address or Indian mailing address? I am asking because say if it takes very long and you have given Canadian mailing address. While staying at home, will you keep paying rent to have access to Canadian mailing address mails?

sharma.a

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022
so have you given your Canadian residence as mailing address or Indian mailing address? I am asking because say if it takes very long and you have given Canadian mailing address. While staying at home, will you keep paying rent to have access to Canadian mailing address mails?
I've given Canadian residence as a mailing address, and yes I will keep paying rent as I am on a 1-year lease. If it takes more than 2-3 months once I have landed, I will travel back.

Reactions: maxiie

Letcic

Aug 2, 2021
Hello.
Has anybody received an open work permit? How much time did it take?
Is there any limitation for geographic area or occupation?

Many thanks in advance!

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Unfortunately, you cannot expedite the process and I think the new OWP is the only way we can bring our dependent to Canada.
Honestly, I don't recommend applying for visitor visa or anything else, like others I also did that and they rejected the application which is very frustrating. But at least you can avoid it and keep your dependent record clean.

MiloBR

Apr 12, 2022
Hello.
Has anybody received an open work permit? How much time did it take?
Is there any limitation for geographic area or occupation?

Many thanks in advance!
Don't know how long it will take to receive the permit, but in my case I receive the temporary extension letter 2 days after applied. Now they have to review everything that I sent. You will spend the same amount of time that you spent over the TRtoPR application for this extension. +$150 for each person.

The only limitation will be stuck inside Canada until you receive the paper version Work Permit.

Reactions: yyfish and Letcic