+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Hello Guys,

I need some information which might not be relevant here. Actually, my TVR has been cancelled by IRCC and as I had shared I am also the participant of TR to PR pathway of getting Canada PR. I want to travel to India. What should be my travel documents? I do not have TVR as I said and am not able to connect with IRCC over phone, there is no mail/message from them either detailing the reasons. Can anybody suggest?

Thank you.
Did the officer specifically mentioned that the refusal is because you are a PR candidate?
This does not make sense as you are still a temporary resident.
I got approval of my TRV last year around Nov and I was a PR applicant at that time.

Reactions: PR Dreamer

ABTPG

Star Member
May 25, 2017
Hello Guys,

I need some information which might not be relevant here. Actually, my TVR has been cancelled by IRCC and as I had shared I am also the participant of TR to PR pathway of getting Canada PR. I want to travel to India. What should be my travel documents? I do not have TVR as I said and am not able to connect with IRCC over phone, there is no mail/message from them either detailing the reasons. Can anybody suggest?

Thank you.
What? How can they do this? Why would they cancel? Cancel or refused?

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
Hello Guys,

Thank you.
You don't need any documents to leave Canada. But to come back you will need either TRV or PR status.

The reason your TRV got cancelled is because while applying TRV you have to prove that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay but since you told them you applied for PR there is dual intent.

If your TR to PR application gets approved while in India you can apply for PRTD to return back (but I heard the backlog is too much and they are taking forever).. or you can ask someone to courier your PR card to India ..(this is controversial choice... several people in the forum have done this and several say its illegal...you can do it at your risk if you choose so!) - My 2 cents.

fooqs

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I have submitted my TR to PR application on July 16th early morning hours EST. Yes, I am talking about essential worker stream B - English speakers. SO receiving AOR in 1 or 2 months is out of the question as I see that there are so many people who have submitted on the very first day and are yet to receive their AOR. So it is only logical to assume that I may have to wait longer to at least know the status. With that being said, I will note down below my queries. I would really appreciate it if you guys can answer these queries for me. Thanks in advance.

1. My work permit expires on Feb 20. I have applied for an extension in December for the same under the TRtoPR bridge open work permit. So on the very next day, I received an automated letter that extended my work permit (WP, I will use abbreviation from here on) by 60 days. So it's now April 20. Does anyone who has applied for it, have received their WP yet?

---
I think what you received was a temporary WP to bridge you over to an actual Work permit under Tr to Pr. Previously the limit of this bridging WP (non-temp) would be end of 2022. Since the new updates, it should be end of 2023. I would recommend just wait till you get the actual in the mail. You can also call the IRCC phone number. after putting in UCI, use number option 3, then 2, then 2, then 0. You will be placed in a queue, after which you can talk with a customer service agent. Wait times could be in excess of 40 min to an hour for hold time.
---
2. Is there a way to get in touch IRCC agent so that I can at least request a TFN, all the time I heard "The service is currently unavailable after I follow their instructions post entering my UCI?
---
see above answer

3. What if the processing is not done by EOY (god forbid). will the WP under TRtoPR be valid only till 31 Dec 2022? (based on the recent immigration plan, it is expected that it may take the end of 2023 to process all the PRs under this policy)?

---
based on recent immigration update, it seems logical that the end date would be now 2023
4. I have changed my address after I submitted my TR to PR, how do I convey this to the agent as I don't have any application number In order to raise a webform?
----
You can do a generic webform. Just remember to put in your UCI, as well as any other info you have to update you address or any other item
Your UCI is also your unique identifier assigned to you since you entered Canada.

5. Do I need to be stuck in the same Job till I receive my physical WP copy so that I can apply to other jobs as most companies won't take the printout of a mere 2-month extension.

--
Seems you are stuck, unless you get a sympathetic employer who is willing to wait for the actual one.
6. My SIN will also expire and I promptly applied online for an extension Surprisingly, I received a letter from Service Canada with my previous expiry date, i.e. they didn't extend my SIN.
--
you can goto a service canada location, maybe will need appointment, which can be made online or on phone

7. Is it safe to work on an expired SIN. If you look at how things have panned out, everything is sort of interconnected, I am not sure how can I convince all this to my hiring manager and HR. Would appreciate your input here.
----
try going to service canada, to get this sorted out. Take print out of your WP application/application receipt and tr to pr application. plus any relevant docs.
see my comments under your questions

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
You don't need any documents to leave Canada. But to come back you will need either TRV or PR status.

The reason your TRV got cancelled is because while applying TRV you have to prove that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay but since you told them you applied for PR there is dual intent.

If your TR to PR application gets approved while in India you can apply for PRTD to return back (but I heard the backlog is too much and they are taking forever).. or you can ask someone to courier your PR card to India ..(this is controversial choice... several people in the forum have done this and several say its illegal...you can do it at your risk if you choose so!) - My 2 cents.
There is no issue with applying for TRV while you have a PR application in progress. As long as you have a valid status you can get your TRV in Canada.
This person is already in Canada, so he/she can only mention leaving Canada at then end of expiration of their status.
In addition, for this program you need to be inside Canada to respond to portal request otherwise you cannot get your PR card.

Reactions: PR Dreamer

dav1112542

Star Member
Feb 11, 2022
Guys,

I just got an email from MyCrC saying it's for criminal check

Is it legit or scam?

Also, I linked my application just now and wonder if I can upload missing document, which is not requested yet in advance via my account or should I use webform?

Jan 22, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I have submitted my TR to PR application on July 16th early morning hours EST. Yes, I am talking about essential worker stream B - English speakers. SO receiving AOR in 1 or 2 months is out of the question as I see that there are so many people who have submitted on the very first day and are yet to receive their AOR. So it is only logical to assume that I may have to wait longer to at least know the status. With that being said, I will note down below my queries. I would really appreciate it if you guys can answer these queries for me. Thanks in advance.

1. My work permit expires on Feb 20. I have applied for an extension in December for the same under the TRtoPR bridge open work permit. So on the very next day, I received an automated letter that extended my work permit (WP, I will use abbreviation from here on) by 60 days. So it's now April 20. Does anyone who has applied for it, have received their WP yet?

2. Is there a way to get in touch IRCC agent so that I can at least request a TFN, all the time I heard "The service is currently unavailable after I follow their instructions post entering my UCI?

3. What if the processing is not done by EOY (god forbid). will the WP under TRtoPR be valid only till 31 Dec 2022? (based on the recent immigration plan, it is expected that it may take the end of 2023 to process all the PRs under this policy)?

4. I have changed my address after I submitted my TR to PR, how do I convey this to the agent as I don't have any application number In order to raise a webform?

5. Do I need to be stuck in the same Job till I receive my physical WP copy so that I can apply to other jobs as most companies won't take the printout of a mere 2-month extension.

6. My SIN will also expire and I promptly applied online for an extension Surprisingly, I received a letter from Service Canada with my previous expiry date, i.e. they didn't extend my SIN.

7. Is it safe to work on an expired SIN. If you look at how things have panned out, everything is sort of interconnected, I am not sure how can I convince all this to my hiring manager and HR. Would appreciate your input here.
Happy to reply your queries by the same order you have asked :-
1. I have received my WP extension so just hang in there, it takes a bit of a time, i applied end of october and received it in mid january.
2. I believe people in this forum has mentioned ways (as in what digits to press) to reach to an agent, but it won't help much. I reached out to them 3 times and all they could say is wait and see.
3. If the processing is not done on time, you are still eligible to work. You can find the guideline for implied status on IRCC website and if a decision is not made on your file by the date they mentioned you are eligible to work,. The date they mention is not a deadline, it is just an expected timeline.
4. You can call an agent and tell them tp update, they will update it and all the documents will be send to your new address, i did the same thing,
5. I don't have much knowledge, changing your jobs on implied status is hard, but can still keep applying to new jobs, you can discuss that with your new potential employer during the interview stage and see how it goes.
6. Until you get your new Work permit, your SIN number will not be extended
7. Yes you can work on expired SIN, i got my new one this week (mine expired in Dec), you are expected to update it asap but in no ways it is against the law.