+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2021-Study permit approved, waiting for SOWP

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Hello all, I am a Danish citizen and applied for study permit on August 18th. I receivedmy final approval few days ago and now I am ready to go to Canada. My spouse (non-EU) has applied for SOWP at the same time with me but we still did not receive any update on his application (not even about starting review of eligibility) which is really frustrating! I sent a webform and they told me that his application is under process. I was wondering if it is normal that they are processing our applications seperately and is there any chance that he does not get his approval before January when I have to move to Canada? I also asked for GCSM notes last month and did not receive any response. Do you have any suggestions for us? Because we have two cats and I can not travel alone with them. :D

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
First of all congratulations on the approval.

His application will probably take more time due to extra security checks.
Thank you su much. I just wanted to know if its is normal and happened to some other people too. Because I was reading the forum and didn't see any similar case as ours. All of the people wrote that their applications processed together but you are right, our case in special as the nationality of my spouse is different than mine

lanp2606

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Hello all, I am a Danish citizen and applied for study permit on August 18th. I receivedmy final approval few days ago and now I am ready to go to Canada. My spouse (non-EU) has applied for SOWP at the same time with me but we still did not receive any update on his application (not even about starting review of eligibility) which is really frustrating! I sent a webform and they told me that his application is under process. I was wondering if it is normal that they are processing our applications seperately and is there any chance that he does not get his approval before January when I have to move to Canada? I also asked for GCSM notes last month and did not receive any response. Do you have any suggestions for us? Because we have two cats and I can not travel alone with them. :D
Hi,
Congratulations. Have you received any news about your spouse permit. I'm in the same situation, still waiting, the difference is that we are both same citizen.

Reactions: Sad93

scaria197

Star Member
Jun 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2010
Doc's Request.
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Scheduled
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi Sad93,

Congratulations and we are exactly in the same situation as you. We are also from an eTA eligible country and I am still waiting on the SOWP approval and SP's for my kids.

It is so frustrating! I have seen SP and SOWP being approved at the same time but non-Canadian IRCC offices.

We have Edmonton/Ottawa as our Primary/Secondary,

How about you?

scaria197

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Hi,
Congratulations. Have you received any news about your spouse permit. I'm in the same situation, still waiting, the difference is that we are both same citizen.
Hi, unfortunately no new update! we are still waiting :(

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Hi Sad93,

Congratulations and we are exactly in the same situation as you. We are also from an eTA eligible country and I am still waiting on the SOWP approval and SP's for my kids.

It is so frustrating! I have seen SP and SOWP being approved at the same time but non-Canadian IRCC offices.

We have Edmonton/Ottawa as our Primary/Secondary,

How about you?

scaria197
Hi, thanks. Our applications are also processing at Edmonton office. Unfortunately we have no new updates yet. I don't know why they are treating families like this.

Dec 9, 2020
Hi,

Same has happened with me. My wife just approved study permit but our SOWP is still pending. Don't know, it will take how much time.

• Sad

JK7878

Apr 28, 2019
Hi,

Same has happened with me. My wife just approved study permit but our SOWP is still pending. Don't know, it will take how much time.
Hi!! Same here! My SP is approved, it has been 12 days but no results on my spouse’s OWP. Did you receive medical request for your OWP application? You applied from India right?

• Sad
Dec 9, 2020
Hi!! Same here! My SP is approved, it has been 12 days but no results on my spouse’s OWP. Did you receive medical request for your OWP application? You applied from India right?
Yes, I'm from India. We submit our medical during file submission so medical is already cleared in October but after no update. Any idea, when they will give decision on SOWP

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
The funny thing is my spouse is from a medical excempt country and he submitted full application on July 30th but still not a single update. This is frustrating

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
SP and SOWP are processed separately because they are different permits and you often hear about the results at different times. OWP are not guaranteed for spouses of international students. It says you can apply which many people misinterpret that spouses of international students will be approved. It is about 50/50. Chances increase for more advanced degrees like masters and PhDs.

Dec 9, 2020
SP and SOWP are processed separately because they are different permits and you often hear about the results at different times. OWP are not guaranteed for spouses of international students. It says you can apply which many people misinterpret that spouses of international students will be approved. It is about 50/50. Chances increase for more advanced degrees like masters and PhDs.
Thanks! I often heard result at the same time , might be i got half cooked information. Any idea, usually they will take how much time.

rajsingh1710

Star Member
Aug 15, 2018
We just passed the medicals for both SP and SOWP. (happened few minutes back)

Latest update:
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

How long after we get the BVL/PPR?