+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2021 PR Applications (Timeline Only)

Here4help

Star Member
Dec 4, 2021
So apparently the time waiting for ECOPR doesn’t really count towards your processing time so more waiting in the portal is expected for anyone got their portal 2. Some people have been waiting for two months this is ridiculous 20+ months and plus more waiting!
People are lucky who got in 20 months i am waiting from 29 months and still waiting for confirmation.

abradabraaaa

Star Member
Jan 21, 2023
I understood that. If the officer is really quick then when he/she opens your application , they will not close until its all done. This is depends on luck. Anyway there is no other option except waiting.
There is, if you have passed the 23 months and the agent on the phone said you passed everything. Then you can hire someone to get it for you.

Malcom_Beats

Oct 21, 2023
Hello Everyone,
I would appreciate your feedback on my situation, I just completed 23 months since PR application with the following updates
  • we received your application on 12/Nov/2021
  • we started working on your application 8/Jun/2021
  • Eligibility Passed 15/Mar/2023
  • Invitation to Pre-Arrival Services 16/Mar/2023
  • 13/Oct/2023 Called IRCC, all steps are complete except Background check which started on June/2023
I asked my MP to check, and he got back yesterday saying that my application is non-routine and normal processing time doesn't apply. What does that mean?

I searched a little bit on different forums here and I started to freak out, I thought I would share my experience and ask if anyone has faced something similar

abradabraaaa

Star Member
Jan 21, 2023
Hello Everyone,
I would appreciate your feedback on my situation, I just completed 23 months since PR application with the following updates
  • 13/Oct/2023 Called IRCC, all steps are complete except Background check which started on June/2023
I asked my MP to check, and he got back yesterday saying that my application is non-routine and normal processing time doesn't apply. What does that mean?

I searched a little bit on different forums here and I started to freak out, I thought I would share my experience and ask if anyone has faced something similar
No idea what that means
Is that a new game from the IRCC to cover their delay? I hope not

abradabraaaa

Star Member
Jan 21, 2023
Hello Everyone,

Have you called the IRCC?
Who confirmed that you have passed everything?

MikiCanada

Star Member
Sep 13, 2023
There is, if you have passed the 23 months and the agent on the phone said you passed everything. Then you can hire someone to get it for you.
agent also told me that everything are good, just need to wait for the ecopr, but no idea when eloper will come according to her words.

Waelsayed

Feb 6, 2020
I am totally disgusted by IRCC. I called them and the agent told me they sent me an email on May 2023 which I did not receive. Late on in the conversation, it was found that the email they have in my file is a completely different email. I have my PR application saved and it was clearly not my fault.

Finally, after two weeks of the call, I got the email to submit my details for the Portal invitation today. I am five months behind because someone didn't pay attention to their job.

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018
Wao sorry for this, what’s your timeline?
I am totally disgusted by IRCC. I called them and the agent told me they sent me an email on May 2023 which I did not receive. Late on in the conversation, it was found that the email they have in my file is a completely different email. I have my PR application saved and it was clearly not my fault.

Finally, after two weeks of the call, I got the email to submit my details for the Portal invitation today. I am five months behind because someone didn't pay attention to their job.
[/QUOTE waoo I’m sorry for this, what’s your timeline?

abradabraaaa

Star Member
Jan 21, 2023
Yes I have called the IRCC twice and both agents confirmed that all steps were done except the background (or security) check that started Jun/2023
Okay so both are not complete yet as you mentioned?
Background and or security which i think it’s the security.
Well my case is different
Multiple agent’s confirmed that my application passed all the steps just waiting fir decision and ofc my officer is sleeping

4emad4

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019

Wow that’s why you should always call and make sure everything is fine. Same thing happened to me, but I was behind more than 2 weeks for them to resend it.
Now you have to wait for ecopr which will probably take a while to get, as apparently there’s backlog on the portal too! Been waiting since September 27 :(

MikiCanada

Star Member
Sep 13, 2023
Wow that’s why you should always call and make sure everything is fine. Same thing happened to me, but I was behind more than 2 weeks for them to resend it.
Now you have to wait for ecopr which will probably take a while to get, as apparently there’s backlog on the portal too! Been waiting since September 27 :(
my application already done everything but just waiting to virtual landing for ecopr... I wish I can get it during the timeline deadline in IRCC.... Getting the ecopr actually made things different for my life tho. My application sent out at the October of 2020... but they actually started processing my case from 2021, September...