+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2021 PR Applications (Timeline Only)

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
I've got the pre-arrival and eligibilty passed letter before medical exam.
This means the officer was finished with your file but realized he/she missed the fact that your medical was expired so for the sake of due diligence, asked for medical. Refugee PR application processing is so random these days, you can't predict what happens next.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
This means the officer was finished with your file but realized he/she missed the fact that your medical was expired so for the sake of due diligence, asked for medical. Refugee PR application processing is so random these days, you can't predict what happens next.
@farsxp still stuck on background check?

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
@farsxp still stuck on background check?
No, eligibility passed so background check was passed before that. It is just the officer who has to go back to the file and get the final approval from his/her senior. This takes 1 day to a month or so.
A few days ago, I talked to an ex-IRCC officer (now IRB member), and I was shocked how unrelated some officer's education/job background is to what they do as an immigration officer.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
No, eligibility passed so background check was passed before that. It is just the officer who has to go back to the file and get the final approval from his/her senior. This takes 1 day to a month or so.
A few days ago, I talked to an ex-IRCC officer (now IRB member), and I was shocked how unrelated some officer's education/job background is to what they do as an immigration officer.
Interesting, still stuck on both eligibility and background:D..... I guess officer sitting on my file is on vacation to Mexico

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
Interesting, still stuck on both eligibility and background:D..... I guess officer sitting on my file is on vacation to Mexico
Probably has so many files at hand that takes some time to go back to a recently reviewed file. It is a cycle.
My officer seems to be a busy mom working from home, takes care of the kids, touches a file for 5 minutes, another kid asks for lunch!:D

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Probably has so many files at hand that takes some time to go back to a recently reviewed file. It is a cycle.
My officer seems to be a busy mom working from home, takes care of the kids, touches a file for 5 minutes, another kid asks for lunch!:D
Hahaha..... Its like they have monthly quotas in each application stream. Once quota reached, then they dont do shit until next month!

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
Hahaha..... Its like they have monthly quotas in each application stream. Once quota reached, then they dont do shit until next month!
It is just that all still work from home and nobody supervises if they work or not. That is why no officer works efficiently. I have this neighbor who works for the govt, she leaves home only 2 days a week from 9 am to 1 pm. The rest of the week I can see her gardening, taking the kid for a walk, etc... Basically she does anything but work. Govt work is like a party everyday.:D

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
It is just that all still work from home and nobody supervises if they work or not. That is why no officer works efficiently. I have this neighbor who works for the govt, she leaves home only 2 days a week from 9 am to 1 pm. The rest of the week I can see her gardening, taking the kid for a walk, etc... Basically she does anything but work. Govt work is like a party everyday.:D
That explains some step mishap. My understanding is eligibility pass is recommended at the end of the process, meaning after medical and criminality, then next stage is pre-arrival. But now, someone receive pre-arrival, then medical or pass eligibility then medical etc...its crazy

Usually, before the end of Review of eligibility stage Medicals and Criminality are also passed. At this stage some applicant's also receive a request to pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) if it has not been paid upfront. If an applicant receives a request for the RPRF fee then it usually means that eligibility is recommended passed or passed. On MyCIC account review of eligibility will continue to be in progress until you receive the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR).

Kam_jr

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Category........
Other
Hey guys! I was wondering if someone has the same situation as me. I can not see my status or updates in ECAs but I could link my application on my IRCC account which I am under "medical passed" since February this year. Anyone is in the same boat? thanks friends!

Star_hoor

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
Hi Friends,

New Updates:

-Received: May 13, 2021
-Start Processing: December 2, 2021
-Request Additional Documents for my wife's: December 6, 2021
-Send Documents: December 19, 2021 via Webform
-Request Medical : May 19, 2022
(I got instruction for medical in GCKey Account and my wife got it in email.)

-Pass Medical: June 4, 2022
-Pre arrival Letter: June 7, 2022
-got pdf (in email and GCKey Account) for Permanent Residence Portal (just for P.A but for whole family): June 7, 2022

on ECAS:
P.A: Decision Made
Depend (Spouse) : In Process

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
Hi Friends,

New Updates:

-got pdf (in email and GCKey Account) for Permanent Residence Portal (just for P.A but for whole family): June 7, 2022

on ECAS:
We have almost similar timelines the only difference is that my application was received on May 31 and processing started Dec 6. My medical passed on May 27 one day after submission by the doctor. I have no update after that... sigh!

Davidson01

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
Hi Friends,

New Updates:

on ECAS:
Congrats @star-hoor please which of the ircc region process your pr application