+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2021 and 2022 applicants still waiting for decision please gather here.

MR0307

Apr 20, 2023
not necessarily true.
the ircc office within Canada is affected for sure.
while those outside of Canada aren't fully affected.
i say this because, take for instance - you were sent ppr.
or you are in a process that requires the head office in Canada to certify or approve a document.
if the foreign office(e.g ircc Kenya) makes a request to the home office in Canada, they might get indefinite delays.
...which in turn affects the applicant(s) outside of Canada.
What kind of status of your application on the tracker?

Reactions: PrinceIsaac254

gudpples

Star Member
Jan 27, 2023
Africa
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
ABJ
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
You guys were gotten the biometric validation letter (BVL) yet? And the Visa document number etc?
not sure how you say it there but over here, its referred to as BIL - Biometric Instruction Letter.
once that is completed, you get an email to notify you of completion. I'm sure this email, is what you refer to as Bvl, yes?
if so, then yes - i got bvl as explained in my yesterday's post.

MR0307

Apr 20, 2023
not sure how you say it there but over here, its referred to as BIL - Biometric Instruction Letter.
once that is completed, you get an email to notify you of completion. I'm sure this email, is what you refer to as Bvl, yes?
if so, then yes - i got bvl as explained in my yesterday's post.
BIL is the first step towards application began. I was talking about the letter which they are send you on gckey before giving final decision. That called BVL

So then you also have not getting visa number etc on tracker right?

gudpples

Star Member
Jan 27, 2023
Africa
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
ABJ
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
BIL is the first step towards application began. I was talking about the letter which they are send you on gckey before giving final decision. That called BVL

So then you also have not getting visa number etc on tracker right?
yes. i had bvl and updated on gckey.
no. i have no visa number

Akamalkhan_

Mar 30, 2023
I had applied in 2021 and last month of march 22 got a bvl and yes on the tracker I saw visa document number and visa expiry along issuing country. Last updated tracker was April 19 says background verification is in progress.
Same to same even the dates of bvl and tracker updates.

Last edited:

Qatarian

Jun 24, 2022
An immigration lawyer applied on my behalf and i get an update only when I inquire through them only. So far no response but the application status says that I do not need fingerprints, medical, additional documents or interview. It does say we “are reviewing whether you meet eligibility requirements” and also says “we are processing your background check”
This status is relevant to the second application as the layer says the first application is considered withdrawn or cancelled as they receive the second one.
Overall, it is a frustrating process especially when you see other applicants get their PPR in relatively much shorter periods.
I am not sure what is happening now with my application as other people advise me to reapply again. This I will not do again as it seems Useless and a waste of time and priority in queue if there is such a thing.
I wonder if Canadians know that there is no other country which takes this time to grant a tourist a visitor visa !! It took me 4 days to get US visitor visa, 9 Days for UK and around 12 for Schengen visa. 850 days and still counting to get a visa to visit Canada.