+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2021-2022 Online Applicants

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hello, everyone,
I am writing in the hope someone can answer my question. I am currently single and am planning to get married in two months. Given I am currently eligible to apply for citizenship, Shall I apply now as a single and update IRCC about my marital status when I get married ( after two months) or shall I wait until I get married and submit my application with the status of married? I am afraid that my application may take longer if I apply as a single and then later update IRCC about my marital status. Many thanks in advance for your answer

It is generally a good idea to update the immigration authorities about any changes in your personal circumstances, including changes in your marital status. This is important because your marital status can affect your immigration application, and failing to disclose changes in your personal circumstances can lead to problems with your application or even result in a denial of your application.

With that said, it is ultimately up to you to decide whether to apply for citizenship now as a single person or to wait until you are married to submit your application. If you decide to apply now as a single person, you should make sure to update the immigration authorities about your marital status as soon as possible after you get married. You can do this by submitting a Notice of Change of Address and Status form (IMM 5707), which can be found on the Government of Canada's website.

If you decide to wait until you are married to submit your application, you should make sure to have all of the required documentation and information ready to submit with your application when you are ready to apply. This will help to ensure that your application is processed smoothly and efficiently.

It is difficult to predict how long your application will take to be processed, as processing times can vary depending on a number of factors. You can check the current processing times for citizenship applications on the Government of Canada's website to get an idea of how long your application may take to be processed.

smansuri97

Apr 9, 2018
App. Filed.......
16th august
Does anyone knows when is the first week they start giving oaths dates in 2023? i mean which is the first batch to do oath in 2023?

parkland

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
Single
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1107
Application sent: June 26th, 2022 (midnight)
Delivered: June 26th, 2022
AOR:June 30th, 2022
IP: July 1st, 2022
Citizenship Test requested: Dec 7th 2022 (between Dec 12 and Jan 2nd)
Finger print requested: DEC 7th, 2022
Citizenship Test completed: DEC 16th 2022
Finger print received: Jan 2nd 2023
Background completed: Jan 3rd 2023

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
Has there generally been a huge delay between the Test and Oath for online applicants? I think IRCC is deliberately delaying the scheduling of oaths for online applications.
And also you'll think they would have worked out how to self-administer oaths as they promised a year ago. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2022/01/measures-to-improve-client-experience-and-modernize-canadas-immigration-system.html ( see citizenship section in the link.
If they want suggestions, I think they can do it like the test where you take a snapshot of your PR card and then take another of it cut in two. Then you go recite the oath and drink Tim Horton's coffee while wearing a toque while in your igloo to prove you're in Canada. Then when the officers validate it, you can print out your e-certificate and go on our day.
I know IRCC staff read this, please consider implementing this so we can clear the huge backlog of people waiting since before the pandemic for the oath. Lots have already done the test and have completed a background check.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Has there generally been a huge delay between the Test and Oath for online applicants? I think IRCC is deliberately delaying the scheduling of oaths for online applications.
And also you'll think they would have worked out how to self-administer oaths as they promised a year ago. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2022/01/measures-to-improve-client-experience-and-modernize-canadas-immigration-system.html ( see citizenship section in the link.
If they want suggestions, I think they can do it like the test where you take a snapshot of your PR card and then take another of it cut in two. Then you go recite the oath and drink Tim Horton's coffee while wearing a toque while in your igloo to prove you're in Canada. Then when the officers validate it, you can print out your e-certificate and go on our day.
I know IRCC staff read this, please consider implementing this so we can clear the huge backlog of people waiting since before the pandemic for the oath. Lots have already done the test and have completed a background check.

LOL I laughed way too HARD at this post :D :D :D :D :D

drink Tim Horton's coffee while wearing a toque while in your igloo to prove you're in Canada

Ask us to record a video doing all these things and upload it, and then provide a virtual certificate which they are developing, and then mail out the real one in like a month or when ever they wanna do it. it's crazy how slow they are with all our millions in tax payer money they use, and they care to bring more new people in and make citizenship last priority with the least amount of staffing.

I bet if an election is around the corner Justin would pick up the phone and call Sean and tell him to approve all the citizenship so they can vote

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
I would love to go for it. Don't know what there criteria for selection is. Instead of selection should have been open for all.
I think during the Pilot period it will be random and then all will get it. but i actually just remember i got a GCMS note in Dec and I saw this on it, so looks like they even upgraded their systems internally. anyways its still a good move on making stuff more digital, now time to get rid of the damn the ceremony

Reactions: forw.jane

Pratikkumar

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London VO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
11-03-2017
AOR Received.
04-0502017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
10-09-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Passport Req..
30-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-12-2017
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
It seems even the online applications processing is driven by the applicant's location
Applicants from BC are being expedited while rest of us are waiting with a clock with dead battery

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
It's the same for all ATIP requests, once you get to the page that asks *Please select the Department where you would like to submit an Access to Information or Privacy request. just select CBSA and then from there follow the prompts etc.

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en
@RefugeeHelp1 in a single request can I ask information about group/family application? If I provide my own information as a requester but in description I add info about other family members?

bd2017

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
It seems even the online applications processing is driven by the applicant's location
Applicants from BC are being expedited while rest of us are waiting with a clock with dead battery
Not entirely true. I'm an applicant from BC who applied online Nov2021. Not a single update since the AOR.

Pratikkumar

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London VO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
11-03-2017
AOR Received.
04-0502017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
10-09-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Passport Req..
30-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-12-2017
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
I got an update!

3 months after passing the citizenship test I got the rest of the stages (Prohibition status, Physical Presence and Language Skills) updated to completed in one day.

Now waiting for the Citizenship Ceremony to be scheduled.
(Full timeline in signature)

akboy

Dec 16, 2022
I got an update!

3 months after passing the citizenship test I got the rest of the stages (Prohibition status, Physical Presence and Language Skills) updated to completed in one day.

Now waiting for the Citizenship Ceremony to be scheduled.
(Full timeline in signature)
I believe we have the same timeline. Scarborough office told me my oath is for Feb 27.
Fingers crossed