IELTS Request
Sent with application - 7.5
Med's Done....
08/09/2016
Passport Req..
13/09/2016
hmm interesting
How the e-certificate pilot works
If we approve an application, the successful applicant currently gets a paper citizenship certificate that proves their Canadian citizenship.
We’re now testing an electronic certificate (e-certificate) with some applicants who submitted an application to become a Canadian citizen (grant of Canadian citizenship).
If we select you to participate in the pilot, you
  • will receive an invitation by email
  • may accept or decline the invitation
    • If you accept the invitation, follow the email’s instructions for your next steps.
    • If you decline the invitation, you’ll get a paper certificate (opens in new tab) (if we approve your application).
If you get our email invitation, you’ll only receive an e-certificate if
Participating in the pilot does not mean we’ll process your application faster.
You do not need to contact us. We’re working to make the e-certificate available to all successful applicants in the future.

saw this on the citizenship application website. if they do this it will greatly speed up processing
Sounds great but I have not seen anyone on the forum being asked to participate in the pilot program yet

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
Sounds great but I have not seen anyone on the forum being asked to participate in the pilot program yet
well in January they also talked about self administered oath but ive not heard about anyone being invited to do that too. Online applicants are not even being processed at all. I wish they get all the new programs up an running so the backlog is cleared and they return to pre-pandemic processing times or even shorter.

Reactions: noonnabi and tbear

figaro2

Jan 12, 2016
Argentina
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-01-2016
Doc's Request.
15-01-2017
Nomination.....
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
20-07-2017
Passport Req..
3 nov 2017
LANDED..........
31 01 2018
well in January they also talked about self administered oath but ive not heard about anyone being invited to do that too. Online applicants are not even being processed at all. I wish they get all the new programs up an running so the backlog is cleared and they return to pre-pandemic processing times or even shorter.
how you know online are not being processes ?
There is absolutly no way to know that, and i guess once they get the paper and not the paper it all goes into the computers to be treated the same..
don't just repeat what everyone here is saying because of a "micro" information.
not everyone shares their info, not everyone who shares does it on this forum, and not everyone who does keep it updated... so you really can't know!

figaro2

Jan 12, 2016
Argentina
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-01-2016
Doc's Request.
15-01-2017
Nomination.....
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
20-07-2017
Passport Req..
3 nov 2017
LANDED..........
31 01 2018
i am out of this thread as i don't see it's purpose really!;) for me paper or no paper they all end up being the same
the only difference is ( is it a family request or individual) other than that, it s all built out from fantasies and fears

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
how you know online are not being processes ?
There is absolutly no way to know that, and i guess once they get the paper and not the paper it all goes into the computers to be treated the same..
don't just repeat what everyone here is saying because of a "micro" information.
not everyone shares their info, not everyone who shares does it on this forum, and not everyone who does keep it updated... so you really can't know!
You must be an IRCC staff or you have family or friends in there lol.
Show me 1 person that applied online this year who is not under urgent processing or a minor or an elderly person that has gotten a test invite. Do you think people are just concerned for no reason. Most of us know how easily IRCC can create backlogs and just forger them in the pile. We should not have to wait until 3 to 4 years before making our voices heard. Why should paper be prioritized over online when they specifically told us to apply online ?
If they didn't have the resources to process online applications yet then they should have not opened it to everyone else it should have been small batches until processing speed and manpower catches on.

mofass

Jun 28, 2022
people who sent applications in early Oct 2021 online and whose AOR are of end of December/early jan are the one being treated. I will update here when I get the test invite. I hope in 2 weeks. If they keep the same pace as in sending test invites by AOR, then your turn is in August for the test, barring no complication in your file.
i sent application on 30th december 2021 , got the AOr on feb 2022 . test on june .

degm

May 31, 2017
i am out of this thread as i don't see it's purpose really!;) for me paper or no paper they all end up being the same
the only difference is ( is it a family request or individual) other than that, it s all built out from fantasies and fears
Nobody is trying to convince you bro; it is in fact you who seems very committed to gaslight online applicants. The irony of it all is that you're saying that it's us who are making an assumption on the way applications are processed when we have PROOF of an ATIP request that confirms what we see in this forum. We've explained this to you a bunch of times already and for some reason you keep making the same empty argument. Like, if you don't subscribe then just move on?

affinity

Mar 14, 2022
I have taken Citizenship test a week ago but the tracker is not updated yet, it shows "waiting on you".
How many days does it take to get updated?

• Haha
Reactions: degm

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
Huh? How will this "greatly speed up processing"? They literally state that "participing in the pilot does not mean we'll process your application faster", like, two lines above your comment. They also are very clear that you only receive an e-cert if they approve your application. In other words, they are still going to have to process your application first. There's no indication whatsoever that this e-cert program will change their processing in any way.

hmm interesting
How the e-certificate pilot works
If we approve an application, the successful applicant currently gets a paper citizenship certificate that proves their Canadian citizenship.
We’re now testing an electronic certificate (e-certificate) with some applicants who submitted an application to become a Canadian citizen (grant of Canadian citizenship).
If we select you to participate in the pilot, you
  • will receive an invitation by email
  • may accept or decline the invitation
    • If you accept the invitation, follow the email’s instructions for your next steps.
    • If you decline the invitation, you’ll get a paper certificate (opens in new tab) (if we approve your application).
If you get our email invitation, you’ll only receive an e-certificate if
Participating in the pilot does not mean we’ll process your application faster.
You do not need to contact us. We’re working to make the e-certificate available to all successful applicants in the future.

saw this on the citizenship application website. if they do this it will greatly speed up processing

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
Huh? How will this "greatly speed up processing"? They literally state that "participing in the pilot does not mean we'll process your application faster", like, two lines above your comment. They also are very clear that you only receive an e-cert if they approve your application. In other words, they are still going to have to process your application first. There's no indication whatsoever that this e-cert program will change their processing in any way.
Maybe if they don't have to print and send out a couple thousand citizenship certificates every week it could free up staff to do other stuff. And the timeline from oath taking to receiving citizenship certificates will be reduced to almost zero days hereby "speeding up processing". Just wishful thoughts anyways. All IRCC promises have been broken anyways lol

Reactions: noonnabi and tbear

tbear

Aug 12, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London (BWJ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2014
Doc's Request.
26/08/2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application - 7.5
Med's Done....
08/09/2016
Passport Req..
13/09/2016
Maybe if they don't have to print and send out a couple thousand citizenship certificates every week it could free up staff to do other stuff. And the timeline from oath taking to receiving citizenship certificates will be reduced to almost zero days hereby "speeding up processing". Just wishful thoughts anyways. All IRCC promises have been broken anyways lol
This is what I meant too, but since nothing has progressed for Ecertificates I doubt it will be implemented soon

Reactions: firstax

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
You'd think that processing an application ONLINE will reduce time, as they don't have to deal with paper files, scan documents, input them into the system, file them somewhere, input data etc... etc... BUT it hasn't. The way everything is managed on their end seems to be very poor and disorganized with little logic.
Wouldn't be surprised if these e-certificates took longer to process, just like online applications :D

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
You'd think that processing an application ONLINE will reduce time, as they don't have to deal with paper files, scan documents, input them into the system, file them somewhere, input data etc... etc... BUT it hasn't. The way everything is managed on their end seems to be very poor and disorganized with little logic.
Wouldn't be surprised if these e-certificates took longer to process, just like online applications :D
They also promised to self administer the oath after the test to speed up the process. This idea was brought up in January of 2022. It has been crickets since.

Reactions: GD.Iron.80