+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2019 Quebec Inland Spouse/Common law sponsorship applicants only

gabycm

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
Hey everyone, while I wait for my spouse's PR, friends of mine are receiving their own PRs (via express entry). I am hearing that the request comes in to ask for your photograph and then PR card comes directly. There is no Passport request anymore.
Yes, that is what happens now. I had to send one photo to the Montreal office. No PR card since December though... Anyone has received a PR recently?

Reactions: harrypabz

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
So I checked the notes for OR card and the card has been stuck at Error at Card Production 3 weeks after it was mailed. The notes even show the expiry date of the card. I followed another thread on the forum and it seems like people have been waiting for months. Apparently the office is closed? The notes show that it is being processed by Sydney office. I dont know what's going on with Montreal office but they dont seem very efficient. Some people are being asked for pictures after 6 months of waiting. We already had to travel by land because the card wasnt ready. I'll follow up to see if pics need to be resent or what's happening with the card.

Reactions: sazig

gabycm

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
So I checked the notes for OR card and the card has been stuck at Error at Card Production 3 weeks after it was mailed. The notes even show the expiry date of the card. I followed another thread on the forum and it seems like people have been waiting for months. Apparently the office is closed? The notes show that it is being processed by Sydney office. I dont know what's going on with Montreal office but they dont seem very efficient. Some people are being asked for pictures after 6 months of waiting. We already had to travel by land because the card wasnt ready. I'll follow up to see if pics need to be resent or what's happening with the card.
That's so weird. On my WhatsApp group someone said they called and the agent said there was a production error for PR cards, but that was fixed (?). He didn't know anything else. But some people from Edmonton got their cards after almost 5 months. So it seems like it's maybe back on track (?) Again I would imagine a PR card is no different than printing a driver's license so I really don't understand the hold up. The IRCC website went down from 200+ days for the first PR card to 80 days. Whatever the problem was, it seems like things are moving again.

Reactions: sazig

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
The shorter timelines does not seem to affect Mtl office applicants. The email was sent on Friday and Monday, IRCC they email me(the unpaid representative on PR application - didnt send a new IMM5476 for PR card application) but the email was addressed to my husband, saying they need new pictures. I've read people being in the same situation and still waiting. The pics will be sent on the 28th so let's see how long it takes after that.

Reactions: sazig and gabycm

Peter1997

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
Anyone still very delayed on their application? I am a August 2019 applicant and still waiting for my background checks to be completed; this has been ongoing since I passed my medical in September 2020.

It seems like there is no progress.

• Wow
Reactions: gabycm

man08

May 3, 2018
Hi Everyone, I received my CoPR. I applied as Inland spouse sponsorship from Quebec. I am on my open work permit and wondering how to change the SIN number. Do we have to do it now or after receiving PR card. In CoPR its written that you are now Permanent resident and can avail and benefit all the services with this letter. Also do we need to go to Service Canada or it will be done online.

Thank you.

Reactions: Peter1997