+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**** 2019 Outland Beirut Spousal Sponsorship

sous96

Jan 21, 2019
I haven't submitted my spousal sponsorship forms yet but I have been reading a lot and wanted some extra advice before I submit. I got married December 20th, 2018 in Beirut, Lebanon but I did not wear a white dress and we didn't have a wedding. We didn't do these because it hasn't been a year since my grandpa passed away and then my cousin passed away 2 weeks before my planned visit to Lebanon to get married. Instead, we had a small dinner ceremony where I wore a pink fancy dress and our immediate family members were present. We have all the pictures cutting a cake etc but the only thing is I'm not wearing a white dress and I keep seeing everywhere that this is a big red flag. To be honest, even if there wasn't a passing in my family we weren't going to have a wedding because I've never been one to like weddings or being in front of big crowds of people.

We have been together since November 22nd 2016 and we got engaged July 2017 and then married December 2018. Do you think I should include in my application that we didn't do a wedding because of the passing of my grandpa and cousin or should we leave that for the interview part when they ask us themselves why we didn't do such things? Any advice is appreciated. I was hoping to send my application in sometime in the next 2 weeks I'm just waiting on my a5raj ed family to be finished and then they're sending it to me from Lebanon.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
you may provide explanation because sometime visa offices abroad consider local customs regarding marriages.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I haven't submitted my spousal sponsorship forms yet but I have been reading a lot and wanted some extra advice before I submit. I got married December 20th, 2018 in Beirut, Lebanon but I did not wear a white dress and we didn't have a wedding. We didn't do these because it hasn't been a year since my grandpa passed away and then my cousin passed away 2 weeks before my planned visit to Lebanon to get married. Instead, we had a small dinner ceremony where I wore a pink fancy dress and our immediate family members were present. We have all the pictures cutting a cake etc but the only thing is I'm not wearing a white dress and I keep seeing everywhere that this is a big red flag. To be honest, even if there wasn't a passing in my family we weren't going to have a wedding because I've never been one to like weddings or being in front of big crowds of people.

We have been together since November 22nd 2016 and we got engaged July 2017 and then married December 2018. Do you think I should include in my application that we didn't do a wedding because of the passing of my grandpa and cousin or should we leave that for the interview part when they ask us themselves why we didn't do such things? Any advice is appreciated. I was hoping to send my application in sometime in the next 2 weeks I'm just waiting on my a5raj ed family to be finished and then they're sending it to me from Lebanon.
This is a concern to me as well....I wore a cream dress...but we did have a small ceremony December 2018 because most of our family members could not come to Canada. We are planning to have something back home end of this year. We did have a traditional engagement back home in 2017. I did read in this forum that there are others who had small ceremonies and there applications were successful. Am not worried about the color of the wedding dress, mostly the ceremony itself being small. (I know Muslims for instance mostly wear green or red during the ceremony)

Zikky

Jun 24, 2019
Hi all please I need some advice on what to do
I’m the principal applicant living outside Canada we have our application completed and good to go,my wife has sent off our application today 5th of July ,out of curiosity I went on the cic website to check and I found out the generic application form which was updated from 2-2019 to 6-2019 has also been updated to 7-2019 and I went through The form there’s no change in questions or whatsoever and this particular form recent update came in 6-2019 and then boom another came 7-2019 My concern now is will our application be returned is there a grace period in accepting outdated forms?, we all know the stress of getting this documents ready and having to send to to our spouse in Canada.please any advice on what to do and if there’s need to worry ? Thanks

RoRo88

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
I’m the principal applicant living outside Canada we have our application completed and good to go,my wife has sent off our application today 5th of July ,out of curiosity I went on the cic website to check and I found out the generic application form which was updated from 2-2019 to 6-2019 has also been updated to 7-2019 and I went through The form there’s no change in questions or whatsoever and this particular form recent update came in 6-2019 and then boom another came 7-2019 My concern now is will our application be returned is there a grace period in accepting outdated forms?, we all know the stress of getting this documents ready and having to send to to our spouse in Canada.please any advice on what to do and if there’s need to worry ? Thanks

There is usually a grace period for these thing, I believe it’s 30 days. This actually happened to me. The day I submitted the application, there was an update but it was accepted and we’re fine.

Zikky

Jun 24, 2019
There is usually a grace period for these thing, I believe it’s 30 days. This actually happened to me. The day I submitted the application, there was an update but it was accepted and we’re fine.
Okay thank you so much for responding I feel relieved,

Mariamalae

Sep 13, 2019

Hi!
So I have been preparing my package since April but I never noticed a change in application papers. The website still says February 2018 was the last update. I am afraid I have the wrong application for my husband in Lebanon