+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2019 CEC (work history VS personal history)

aman96preet

Jun 16, 2014
Hey all,

ITA received feb20, under CEC. Total jobs worked during the past 4 years in Canada- 4. Out of 4, only 2 were mentioned in the express entry profile & contribute towards the score that got me the ITA. The other 2 do not in any way affect my score. Moreover, these 2 jobs were worked for just a month each so I didn't want to go through the hassle of collecting references, stubs and rest. Mentioned about these 2 jobs under the personal history section of the post ITA application form, so I wouldn't have to go through the hassle of collecting docs.

Question: IS THERE ANYONE WHO CAN CONFIRM THAT ADDING JOBS UNDER PERSONAL HISTORY THAT DO NOT SHOW UP UNDER WORK HISTORY WON'T INFLUENCE ANY DECISIONS MADE ON MY APPLICATION???

Any sorta input is much appreciated

Thanks

aman96preet

Jun 16, 2014
Yes, just add them to your personal history. Make sure there are no gaps in the past 10 years, while filling in the PH section.
Thanks a lot, also a few more questions:

1) The system did not ask me for any PCCs or fingerprints. Upon research I found out that you only need PCC for countries you've lived in for more than 6 months in the past 10 years or after you turned 18. I came to Canada when I was 17 and now I'm 23 with no records of foreign stay of more than 6 months, so that justifies the fact that I didn't get any PCC document requests. Also, I'm not required to give any fingerprints or PCCs for my stay in Canada. JUST WANTED TO CONFIRM THESE POINTS??

2)
The system is asking me for 3 separate employment docs- Letter of employment, Offer letter & Reference letter. Offer letter and Reference letters both seem pretty straight forward with instructions, but Letter of Employment seems pretty confusing. ANY COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS ON THIS APPRECIATED

Thanks

waterlooengineer

Mar 13, 2018
Thanks a lot, also a few more questions:

1) The system did not ask me for any PCCs or fingerprints. Upon research I found out that you only need PCC for countries you've lived in for more than 6 months in the past 10 years or after you turned 18. I came to Canada when I was 17 and now I'm 23 with no records of foreign stay of more than 6 months, so that justifies the fact that I didn't get any PCC document requests. Also, I'm not required to give any fingerprints or PCCs for my stay in Canada. JUST WANTED TO CONFIRM THESE POINTS?? You are not required to submit your Canadian PCC until asked by CIC. IF you still want to, you can search for RCMP clearance near me and get it done. It will cost you about $50-60 and will take about a week to arrive.

2)
The system is asking me for 3 separate employment docs- Letter of employment, Offer letter & Reference letter. Offer letter and Reference letters both seem pretty straight forward with instructions, but Letter of Employment seems pretty confusing. ANY COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS ON THIS APPRECIATED . Are you claiming any job offer points? If you are on Post Graduate Work permit, you cannot claim 50 points for job offer and would have to answer the question as "no".

Thanks

aman96preet

Jun 16, 2014
CRS - Human Capital - Age 110
CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education 98
CRS - Human Capital - First Official Language Proficiency 133
CRS - Human Capital - Second Official Language Proficiency 0
CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience 53
CRS - Spouse - Level of Education 0
CRS - Spouse - First Official Language Proficiency 0
CRS - Spouse - Canadian Work Experience 0
CRS - Skill Transferability - Education 50
CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience 0
CRS - Skill Transferability - Certificate of Qualification 0
CRS - Arranged Employment 0
CRS - Provincial/Territorial Nomination 0
CRS - Additional - PR or Canadian Sibling 0
CRS - Canadian education 15
CRS - Additional - French Proficiency or Bilingualism 0

I got 459 points based on the above distribution. I don't think I have any points for job offer, I don't even need extra job offer LMIA or whatever points.

Let me know, if there's anything different.

Thanks

aman96preet

Jun 16, 2014
Now that I answered NO to the job offer question- it had no affect on my CRS points, still at 459, but 2 fields namely Offer of employment & Job offer letter disappeared. I'm left with the following fields;

Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple)
Proof of upfront medical exam
Education (diplomas/degrees)
Employment Records
Employment Records 2
Proof of Means of Financial Support
Digital photo

Does this seem reasonable??

waterlooengineer

Mar 13, 2018
Now that I answered NO to the job offer question- it had no affect on my CRS points, still at 459, but 2 fields namely Offer of employment & Job offer letter disappeared. I'm left with the following fields;

Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple)
Proof of upfront medical exam
Education (diplomas/degrees)
Employment Records
Employment Records 2
Proof of Means of Financial Support
Digital photo

Does this seem reasonable??
Yes, it does.

aman96preet

Jun 16, 2014
Thanks a lot my man! Much appreciated!

Also, my bad, I got one last question;
We don't need to provide proof of funds, right? "WE" as in CEC applicants and peeps on PGWP
Just confirming...

Thanks

Harman_Brar

Mar 5, 2019

Hello
I am in bit of situation. I have 1 year of experience in NOC B and have the CRS score of 464, which should be enough to meet the requirements of EE(CEC). However when i register for my EE profile, it ask me about my wife's work experience, which i don't want to mention. What should i select in the option in spouse work experience column. ? I asked for advise for various people and they told me to skip the Profile part and say No experience in that but include all her work details in Personal history section after we receive the ITA.

mau123

Nov 16, 2018

Hello
I am in bit of situation. I have 1 year of experience in NOC B and have the CRS score of 464, which should be enough to meet the requirements of EE(CEC). However when i register for my EE profile, it ask me about my wife's work experience, which i don't want to mention. What should i select in the option in spouse work experience column. ? I asked for advise for various people and they told me to skip the Profile part and say No experience in that but include all her work details in Personal history section after we receive the ITA.
You should do as they say. I did the same for my partner. Just mentioned "No" in work experience as they say "assesing for Express Entry" or something around those lines, meaning points. We mentioned my partner's work history in "personal history".

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016
Hey all,

ITA received feb20, under CEC. Total jobs worked during the past 4 years in Canada- 4. Out of 4, only 2 were mentioned in the express entry profile & contribute towards the score that got me the ITA. The other 2 do not in any way affect my score. Moreover, these 2 jobs were worked for just a month each so I didn't want to go through the hassle of collecting references, stubs and rest. Mentioned about these 2 jobs under the personal history section of the post ITA application form, so I wouldn't have to go through the hassle of collecting docs.

Question: IS THERE ANYONE WHO CAN CONFIRM THAT ADDING JOBS UNDER PERSONAL HISTORY THAT DO NOT SHOW UP UNDER WORK HISTORY WON'T INFLUENCE ANY DECISIONS MADE ON MY APPLICATION???

Any sorta input is much appreciated

Thanks
The most important thing is your work history as you claim points depending on these jobs. Personal history as long as it covers all your personal history (could be exactly your work history) without gaps, then even if you didn't include any overlapped PH for reason or without reason "lets say you forgot one PH", then you have nothing to worry about. Remember, anything not affecting with your eligibility will most probably not hurt your application.

Best

Reactions: aman96preet

Zak8

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
Hello all,

I am creating my express entry profile and have a question regarding the work history section.

I am currently in Canada and working here for just over a year.

In the work history section, when I select this job as my current job, it gives 3 questions:

1)
Working legally in Canada during this time?

A person must have:

• been working on a valid work permit or exempt from needing one,
  • had legal status the whole time they were in Canada, and
  • not stayed longer than the approved time period.
Answer (I gave) : Yes

2)
Studying full-time while doing this job? A person must be in class at least 15 hours per week during the academic year to be considered full-time. This includes any period of training in the workplace that is part of the study program. (required)

Answer (I gave) : No

3)
Which of these categories does XXXXX's job fall under? (required)

Answer: Options are: No work permit required
Work permit required, No LMIA required
Work permit an LMIA required

What do I answer for the 3rd question. I'm on a PGWP, so i know that I don't need LMIA. But im confused between options 1 and 2. Second option seems like the one for people on closed work permit and exempt from LMIA.

Please someone shed some light.

Thanks.

aman96preet

Jun 16, 2014
Hello all,

I am creating my express entry profile and have a question regarding the work history section.

I am currently in Canada and working here for just over a year.

In the work history section, when I select this job as my current job, it gives 3 questions:

1)
Working legally in Canada during this time?

A person must have:

• been working on a valid work permit or exempt from needing one,
  • had legal status the whole time they were in Canada, and
  • not stayed longer than the approved time period.
Answer (I gave) : Yes

2)
Studying full-time while doing this job? A person must be in class at least 15 hours per week during the academic year to be considered full-time. This includes any period of training in the workplace that is part of the study program. (required)

Answer (I gave) : No

3)
Which of these categories does XXXXX's job fall under? (required)

Answer: Options are: No work permit required
Work permit required, No LMIA required
Work permit an LMIA required

What do I answer for the 3rd question. I'm on a PGWP, so i know that I don't need LMIA. But im confused between options 1 and 2. Second option seems like the one for people on closed work permit and exempt from LMIA.

Please someone shed some light.

Thanks.
Work permit required, No LMIA required; should be the option you must select in this case. To clear your confusion- none of the options specify the kind of work permit required so it won't be correct to assume that the second option is strictly for peeps on closed WP/exempt from LMIA.

Reactions: Zak8