+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Sharukh khan

Jan 14, 2019
Hi guys I am June 12 applicant
My file was transferred to Vancouver hub and in feb they ask applicant bank statement which i sent
And march they asked my spouse (sponsor) for tax assessment and employment letter i have sent it 2 weeks ago and online system still says we need additional documents
My question is
First correspondence came from officer C&I
second came from SL
From Vancouver hub
What is that mean?
Two officers working on my eligibility?
Still review of eligibility not started and background check in process from January

BR_ESL

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hi guys I am June 12 applicant
My file was transferred to Vancouver hub and in feb they ask applicant bank statement which i sent
And march they asked my spouse (sponsor) for tax assessment and employment letter i have sent it 2 weeks ago and online system still says we need additional documents
My question is
First correspondence came from officer C&I
second came from SL
From Vancouver hub
What is that mean?
Two officers working on my eligibility?
Still review of eligibility not started and background check in process from January
Hi,
Maybe your file was transferred?
About your documents...
Have you tried to upload your documents at CIC/ MyGCKey website?
When I submitted my RCMP fingerprints I sent via web form and also uploaded on my account.
Right after uploading it changed to something like “We have received the additional documents you provided.”

So it might be a way to update your application.
Best,

Reactions: Sharukh khan

Sharukh khan

Jan 14, 2019
Hi,
Maybe your file was transferred?
About your documents...
Have you tried to upload your documents at CIC/ MyGCKey website?
When I submitted my RCMP fingerprints I sent via web form and also uploaded on my account.
Right after uploading it changed to something like “We have received the additional documents you provided.”

So it might be a way to update your application.
Best,
Yes it was transferred from cpcm to Vancouver
They provide an email to semt the documents and i called them to confirm and they said they received already
But online ohobe system is not updated
I was wondering why 2 officers working same time on my file
C&I ans SL

Reactions: BR_ESL

Jon74

Jan 4, 2019
Any Feb applicants still waiting for the background check?
Feb 23, 2018 here. My gckey says background check in progress. Though my gcms notes state background check was completed in October, so I've no idea whats going on.

Addus

Star Member
Mar 27, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga - Inland
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
01-06-2018
Med's Request
24-09-2018
Med's Done....
25-09-2018
LANDED..........
11-04-2019
Feb 23, 2018 here. My gckey says background check in progress. Though my gcms notes state background check was completed in October, so I've no idea whats going on.
Don’t trust GCKey. Mine said background check was ongoing even after I got DM. It didn’t update until I landed last week.

Jenny X

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
I'm still waiting for the background check ,only the final step to get the PR to be DM. Been almost 5 months after AIP and SA at the end of Nov 2018.

garydee

Mar 30, 2018
I'm still waiting for the background check ,only the final step to get the PR to be DM. Been almost 5 months after AIP and SA at the end of Nov 2018.
Sorry to ask, but which reason CIC is giving for the background check to take so long?
We are early May applicants and got SA, AIP and sponsor-DM in late January. We didn't get any news after that and we are about to complete 12 months. I'm aware that many other May applicants are in a similar situation.
I'm wondering why some people get DM on both sides very quickly after SA/AIP and other people take months between SA, AIP and the final DM.

Jenny X

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
Sorry to ask, but which reason CIC is giving for the background check to take so long?
We are early May applicants and got SA, AIP and sponsor-DM in late January. We didn't get any news after that and we are about to complete 12 months. I'm aware that many other May applicants are in a similar situation.
I'm wondering why some people get DM on both sides very quickly after SA/AIP and other people take months between SA, AIP and the final DM.
A few buddies I know ,their cases has been doing the same as me, they doing the security check from local which takes much longer.
normally takes 4months - 1 year. Sigh....

EJH

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
Landing Letter received, fricking finally.

Does anyone have ETA for their PR cards, those that have landed already?

PR and OWP Inland sent - July 4th
Received - July 5th
AOR - Aug 11th
OWP - Sept 25th
Med req - Oct 24th
Med done - Oct 26th
DM - March 24th
Landing Appt - May 3rd

riffraff9

Oct 17, 2015
hello guys. hope you can help me. i have final interview in 7 days. its says i need to bring that invitation letter and receipt for right of permanent resident fee.
i have receipt from beging of our app thats shows 1040cad$. is that include right of permanent resident fee? i try to fiind on google but its confusing.
"Fees $CAN
Your application (without right of permanent residence fee) 1,050
Include your spouse or partner Processing fee($550) and right of permanent residence fee($490) 1,040
Include your spouse or partner (without right of permanent residence fee) 550
Include a dependent child 150(per child"

please help. i dont wont to our app being refused because of this.
one more thing.. i received invitation letter on my email not through gckey. when i check there still nothing is changed. they ate still reviewing my eligibilty and its says no interview needed.

Last edited: