+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Jon74

Jan 4, 2019
this is what they sent, every time I sent inquiry through web form.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with your application.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

I too am into my 13 month, and like you, I have heard nothing from them since January, in which i received a procedural fairness letter about my non accompanying kids not doing medicals. I sent them a 3 page affadavit, and a 33 page letter, detailing the saga that is my ex-partner, and her efforts to prevent me from having my kids (16yr old and almost 18yr old) to be examined. I sent a webform request a fortnight ago, asking for information on what was happening with my case, as I had not heard anything. I got the EXACT same response as you did in your generic reply. This is quite upsetting, as it shows me that IRCC really don't care too much about providing "actual' information, and its more about getting the inquiries off the list on the helpdesk.

ronakshukla009

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Not sure if it is good thing or not at this point. 13 months passed. Gcms notes gave no clue. Security check info was wiped out from notes. Web form is no help either. They just send generic reply
I have completed 13 months and i have not received any update yet. I am not getting any help from cic or web form. I have not received AIP or SA. Can i still ask them where is my file?? What do you guys think can they transfer the file to local office before aip. Hope i receive something this week.

Reactions: Jon74

ufadaniyal

Mar 11, 2019
Sept 11 applicant. Is it normal to get DM on both sides in ECAS without getting SA or AIP yet? GC key still shows reviewing eligibility.

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018
I have completed 13 months and i have not received any update yet. I am not getting any help from cic or web form. I have not received AIP or SA. Can i still ask them where is my file?? What do you guys think can they transfer the file to local office before aip. Hope i receive something this week.
Call cic and tell them first your file already passed 12 months mark. They will give you more information. Call at 1 888 242 2100 options 1 1 2 3 1 0

ronakshukla009

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Call cic and tell them first your file already passed 12 months mark. They will give you more information. Call at 1 888 242 2100 options 1 1 2 3 1 0
I called them like million time. For last 2 months they are saying the same thing. My background check has been completed and they are reviewing my spouse's eligibility. But for 2 months they are reviewing my spouse's eligibility?

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018
I called them like million time. For last 2 months they are saying the same thing. My background check has been completed and they are reviewing my spouse's eligibility. But for 2 months they are reviewing my spouse's eligibility?
From last 7 months they are reviewing my security check . So its possible that they are still reviewing spouse 's eligibility. The first approval you will get is SA then AIP and last will be DM letter .

Order gcms notes . It can give you some insight.

ronakshukla009

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
From last 7 months they are reviewing my security check . So its possible that they are still reviewing spouse 's eligibility. The first approval you will get is SA then AIP and last will be DM letter .

Order gcms notes . It can give you some insight.
Yeah..!!!! Thanx for your help. I ordered the notes and i am just waiting for them to come.. the other question i applied for work oermit extension. But they did not give me aor and when i called cic they told me they do not send the aor and he can see the application. I can't link to my cic account too. I do not know what to do

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018
Yeah..!!!! Thanx for your help. I ordered the notes and i am just waiting for them to come.. the other question i applied for work oermit extension. But they did not give me aor and when i called cic they told me they do not send the aor and he can see the application. I can't link to my cic account too. I do not know what to do
Have you received medical request?

kennylord

Jun 8, 2017
Congratulations !!!

My wife's application was submitted on July 18,2018.

She got her Landing interview scheduled for 22nd of March,2019.

A quick question.....

Is your sponsor also required to show up for the interview as well with ID,and prove of address?

Hi ..I have a doubt..after the sponsor eligibility gets approved .Does the back ground check happens after that or before that? Thanks

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
OMG, I received SA at 4:38 PM. And AIP at 4:44. Totally was not expecting it :)

Inland Spousal Sponsorship (Quebec)

Sponsorship + PR Application filed: 26 Jul 2018. Signed upon reception by D AUCOIN
AOR Received: 24 Aug 2018. Linked the same day
Request for CSQ and undertaking application: 30 Aug 2018
CSQ and undertaking application sent to MIDI: 5 Sep 2018
CSQ and undertaking application received by MIDI: 6 Sep 2018. Signed upon reception by MME TABAREE
Credit card charged by MIDI: 12 Sep 2018
AOR and payment receipt from MIDI by post: 13 Sep 2018. Dated 12 Sep 2018
CSQ and undertaking received: 18 Oct 2018. Approved 15 Oct 2018
Medical exam request: 25 Oct 2018
Medical exam done: 26 Oct 2018 at CMIPQ for $210
Medical exam passed: 3 Nov 2018
OWP application filed: 6 Nov 2018
OWP successfully linked: 11 Nov 2018
IP1: 26 Nov 2018
PCC request: 26 Nov 2018
PCC uploaded: 5 Dec 2018
OWP eligibility started: 21 Feb 2019
OWP approved: 21 Feb 2019
OWP received: 27 Feb 2019
SA: 19 Mar 2019
AIP: 19 Mar 2019

Last edited:

riffraff9

Oct 17, 2015
toronto app received 14 june 2018. first one 27 april was returned cause wrong fees paid.
medical passed 8 march
sponsor eligible february
i received today letter that i meet the eligibility requirements. i have no idea what SA AIP and DM are. if someone can explain what from these i just received.
last couple of weeks were really stressful as we received "additional documents needed" proof of cohabitation. we had to move and provide the lease with both our names on it, cause apparently statement and approval from our friend was not good enough, but never got answers on that.
vancouver invitation hub send me emails, it was very hard to get any answers. on my gc key account on additional document changed to NA. when i check my submited app it still shows additional papers needed, and my action is required. process bar shows 13 more weeks till the end of the process.
i guess next step is background check? it shows thats in the process since the day 1 .