Aug 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore and Etobicoke
LANDED..........
31-12-2017
Hello all. Does the medical request for the PA comes before Sponsorship Approval?

Sharukh khan

Jan 14, 2019
Hello everyone please need help
I received a letter asking for proof of income
Bank statement or pay stubs.
My wife is canadian and she is not working this year and i didnt recieve my work permit yet so my sister and brother in law helping us
Can i send letter saying my sister spurting me with thier bank statement?
We all live together
Please help i got only 4 days to reply

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Yes. I got AoR at the end of January. I have also been able to link my paper application to my CIC account. The application is currently under process. My family's 'extension to stay' application has also been approved for a year.

CIC asked for a medical for the extension application, which we have done recently. However, CIC is now asking a medical for the sponsorship application as well. My question is do we have to do medical twice? Can anyone help on how I can use the medical results that has been done for the extension application (done very recently) for the sponsorship application?
I believe as long as the medical is not a year old(when it expires) you can use one result for several reasons. They want a copy anyway so it's not like you need an original every time. Make sure it has all the info they want/all the pages

takz

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Hi,

Can you please tell me what DM stands for?
I'm inland February 2018 applicant.. I received the eligibility passed letter on 22nd November and no updates after that. What's next step? Should I call CIC??

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018
My wife is canadian and she is not working this year and i didnt recieve my work permit yet so my sister and brother in law helping us
We all live together
Hi
I am not sure what will be exact answer in your situation. But you can certainly have support letters from your family who is helping you . I dont think you need to be employed to support for sure. Ypu could show savings or any other way to support as well.

Please correct anyone , if I am wrong.

Reactions: Betabr

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018
Hi,

Can you please tell me what DM stands for?
I'm inland February 2018 applicant.. I received the eligibility passed letter on 22nd November and no updates after that. What's next step? Should I call CIC??
Dm stands for decision made. You will receive a letter saying your application is approved and your closest office will contact for landing interview. You will also see decision made for both sides on Ecas account.

I am in same situation as you

I completed my 12 months today and no DM yet.

They dont really give any info over the phone. You can order gcms notes if you like.but it certainly does not hurt to try calling.

Please provide update if you get any on your application

apatel86

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
If this occurred, where it's asking you to pay a fee, it is highly likely that you entered something on the questions that either you selected a representative that's requesting info, or that you selected something different from the Privacy Act choice.
Please see the below suggested answers to the questions; no fee is asked this way. I did my request in the past and so have others, and no fee was asked for us to pay.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html

Apply online
*Please select the Department where you would like to submit an Access to Information or Privacy request.
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada
*To be eligible to make a request, you must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or an individual or corporation currently present in Canada. Please select the category that best describes you.
Individual/corporation currently present in Canada
*Here, you enter your demographic info and email address
*Are you requesting information on your own behalf?

Yes
*Select the category that best describes you.
Member of the Public
*How would you prefer to receive the requested records?
E-mail (principal applicant's email)
*What type of information are you requesting?
Privacy Act
*Which type of records do you wish to request?
Immigration/Citizenship records
Requesting Information for:
Your name
Date of Birth
UCI # (principal applicant's)
*What type of record would you like to request?
Permanent Residence
*Which specific information are you looking for?
Status Update of File/ Reason for Refusal/ Officer’s Notes
*File Number(s)
Your Permanent Residency application file number in your CIC account
*Then it will ask you to upload a copy of your visa, or open work permit, passport, etc. in a single pdf file.
Thank u so much for detailed info. I have just followed right as per yr direction and it worked without asking for fees. I think I may have selected different options, thanks so much

lyn80

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
AOR Received.
10-18-2018
On GCKey, for anyone who has had to send additional documents, how do you know if they have accepted/processed them? Under 'additional documents' it says "We have received your additional documents". At some point, will that status change to indicate if they have reviewed/accepted them? I just want to be sure, because we initially sent them proof that we had applied for a new passport (we weren't sure if the actual passport would arrive by the IRCC deadline), and then we sent the actual passport. So I'm not sure which documents they have 'received' and I just want to make sure the copy of the actual passport was received and accepted by their office.

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
Best Valentine's Day gift ever! I finally got my date for my Vancouver landing interview, March 6, 2019. :) Good luck to everyone waiting for news! Peace!
Congrats!

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
We all live together
You can try that give your brother’s bank statement and your wife letter stating how she can support you as she is the sponsor but it should be one of you is working as it’s one of the requirements needed for sponsorship no minimum income but at least you can show to the immigration officer that one of you is able to support financially. God bless in your application

JCVan2018

May 11, 2018
I am a Feb 14 applicant. Got my Eligibility Passed on Dec 5, 2018. No update since. Called the CIC today. They told me background check still in progress. No further updates they can provide at this time. Just gotta wait...