+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

garydee

Mar 30, 2018
Hi, I am in the same situation as you, My application was received on May 8th. We have received an DM on sponsor's side and letter recently but nothing on PA side. It is still in progress for eligibility requirement and background check. I am very worried. Please advise when you have an update.
Hi, no news so far, we are worried too! We had no updates on PA side after AIP and it has been so long already! Is there a chance that they still ask for further documentation/interview even after AIP/SA? Or is it very rare?

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Hi, no news so far, we are worried too! We had no updates on PA side after AIP and it has been so long already! Is there a chance that they still ask for further documentation/interview even after AIP/SA? Or is it very rare?
In AIP letter, it says:" Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time."

I don't know about the interview but, guess is a background check and eligibility check are two different processes? If your background check is complicated: been to many countries, dependents? other histories?

Either way, if there is nothing, then you have nothing to worry about, it is just regular delay. I totally feel your worry, but it will all turn out just fine!

Fofolo

Oct 22, 2018
Hi, I have a question.
May 25 application. Just received SA letter plus another letter saying everything is completed and that IRCC Saskatoon (Saskatchewan) will be contacting me regarding the landing interview.

My study permit expires this Sunday though (Feb.17). I’m assuming that Saskatchewan office should not be as busy as some others and therefore might be getting my landing interview within the next 14 days. Do I need to extend my study permit in the meantime though so I’m not out of status (which would be an extra $150)? Or do I just wait for the interview?

Oh, one precision: on the letter they asked me to bring passport plus proof of payment of fees, that’s it.

Thanks

garydee

Mar 30, 2018
In AIP letter, it says:" Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time."

I don't know about the interview but, guess is a background check and eligibility check are two different processes? If your background check is complicated: been to many countries, dependents? other histories?

Either way, if there is nothing, then you have nothing to worry about, it is just regular delay. I totally feel your worry, but it will all turn out just fine!
I don't think our background check would be any complicated. The PA has traveled to many countries, but not lived for more than 6 months in any other countries but Canada and the home country. We also have no dependents and absolutely nothing in our crime record.

When one gets AIP, does it means that only the background check is missing? In which step are the relationship and the rest of our application analyzed?

Last edited:

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Hi, I have a question.
May 25 application. Just received SA letter plus another letter saying everything is completed and that IRCC Saskatoon (Saskatchewan) will be contacting me regarding the landing interview.

My study permit expires this Sunday though (Feb.17). I’m assuming that Saskatchewan office should not be as busy as some others and therefore might be getting my landing interview within the next 14 days. Do I need to extend my study permit in the meantime though so I’m not out of status (which would be an extra $150)? Or do I just wait for the interview?

Oh, one precision: on the letter they asked me to bring passport plus proof of payment of fees, that’s it.

Thanks
Hi, perhaps it's best to contact the IRCC Call Centre (1-888-242-2100) to ask agent if you are on "implied status." I would ensure that this is the case. You're so close in the completion of your journey. Also, the agent records the phone call and its content as "notes" and so it would be recorded how you called inquiring about this matter.

Fofolo

Oct 22, 2018
Since IRCC offices are closed on weekends and my permit was expiring on Sunday, I thought I wouldn’t have time to talk to one of their agents on time. So I just sent an application to extend my study permit yesterday. We thought $150 isn’t worth taking the risk so close to the end.

I’ll still call them on Monday or Tuesday, to find out if there could be any form of refund after the landing interview (I doubt that but I’ll try, it wouldn’t kill to try).

Thank you for the reply though!

Reactions: Evergreen_3034

Goforhope

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Hello,
May I ask if someone only got SA but not the AIP yet? I got SA on Feb 11 but so far not received AIP yet, been a week. I see people normally got SA and AIP in the same day...I'm worrying.

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Hello,
May I ask if someone only got SA but not the AIP yet? I got SA on Feb 11 but so far not received AIP yet, been a week. I see people normally got SA and AIP in the same day...I'm worrying.
Nothing to worried about. It's normal. Some people got the SA first, this week is long weekend, so next week you may get the AIP. :)

Reactions: Goforhope

ranjitmech1987

Feb 14, 2019
I am a July 2018 applicant. Are you an inland applicant? Where on ecas does it say so, Principal Applicant side?
Hi, I am an outland applicant. I realized that this thread is for In-land application side. Is there any popular thread for 2018 applicants? I found some but there aren't many replies on them.

Thanks

cluca18

Oct 11, 2018
App. Filed.......
05-31-2018
AOR Received.
07-12-2018
Med's Request
10-10-2018
Med's Done....
10-12-2018
Just sharing good news. I checked ECAs today and it shows DM on both sides. :D

May 30 ap

Reactions: melito

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Hi, I am an outland applicant. I realized that this thread is for In-land application side. Is there any popular thread for 2018 applicants? I found some but there aren't many replies on them.

Thanks
I was unable to find a general one like this for 2018 outland. What month are you?

LoveLife2019

Jan 6, 2019
? QUESTION ?

I have received AIP & SA on Feb 1st, 2019. I have not heard anything from Etobicoke Office for my landing notice.

Anyone has any idea when will I be able to receive it ?

FOR PEOPLE WHO RECEIVED LANDING NOTICE FROM ETOBICOKE OFFICE:

How long did you wait for it ?

Also, when I call IRCC, the automatic update told me that "they are still processing my background check". But I already received AIP and SA, as well as DM on ECAS on the second day.

PLEASE HELP ME !!!!! MUCH APPRECIATED !!!!!

Goforhope

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
? QUESTION ?

I have received AIP & SA on Feb 1st, 2019. I have not heard anything from Etobicoke Office for my landing notice.

Anyone has any idea when will I be able to receive it ?

FOR PEOPLE WHO RECEIVED LANDING NOTICE FROM ETOBICOKE OFFICE:

How long did you wait for it ?

Also, when I call IRCC, the automatic update told me that "they are still processing my background check". But I already received AIP and SA, as well as DM on ECAS on the second day.

PLEASE HELP ME !!!!! MUCH APPRECIATED !!!!!
Hello,
Etobicoke is one of the busiest offices so normally it'll take about 3 weeks to 1 month to settle an appointment. My friend waited for 3 weeks and I know someone here was waiting for 1 month. I think you will get the appointment this week, nothing to worry.