+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
“Proof of Relationship: Document establishing your relationship to your host / family member. Additional documentary evidence of cohabitation is required to complete the assessment of your application - lease, financial documentary, banking documentary etc. and conversations by e-mail or social networks”
“Customer Information: Answer all questions on the form
IMM1344 - Sponsorship Application, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (Respondent Details)”

Now I don’t know what to do!

I have already given them joint credit card statements, copy of letters includinggovernment mails that we received in my spouse name to my address etc etc

Also we have already submitted imm1344. So why they asking again?

Please help.

allen80629

May 19, 2018
Richmond, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-01-2018
Doc's Request.
17-02-2018
AOR Received.
17-02-2018
Med's Request
03-07-2018
Med's Done....
06-07-2018
“Proof of Relationship: Document establishing your relationship to your host / family member. Additional documentary evidence of cohabitation is required to complete the assessment of your application - lease, financial documentary, banking documentary etc. and conversations by e-mail or social networks”
“Customer Information: Answer all questions on the form
IMM1344 - Sponsorship Application, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (Respondent Details)”

Now I don’t know what to do!

I have already given them joint credit card statements, copy of letters includinggovernment mails that we received in my spouse name to my address etc etc

Also we have already submitted imm1344. So why they asking again?

Please help.
Does all your proofs cover the full 12 months period ? Do you have joint bank account statement, phone bill, cable bill or hydro bills with both name and same address for 12 months period ? If it doesn't cover 12 months or you cannot provide those evidences CIC had mentioned you may have to explain to them why

Jon74

Jan 4, 2019
Good morning you all, does any feb applicant with required proof of cohabitation heard any news? Please iodat
I’m a feb applicant and got a procedural fairness letter just over a week ago asking for more evidence of cohabiting. I had already sent them joint tenancy agreement, joint bank account statement, copies of medical cards and other info, and I just sent them a letter from my landlord confirming my sponsor and myself were living together. Today I received another procedural fairness letter telling me I’m about to be rejected as inadmissible because I’ve been unable to get my ex partner in Australia to get medicals done for our kids there. She refuses to answer my emails, and the kids are being prevented from communicating with me. I had already shown her rants from social media about me and gave information on why I couldn’t make contact etc. Unfortunately there is no court order awarding her custody, it was all done amicably before I left Australia. She is no longer being amicable though. To make it worse, today I just got notified about a job I applied to two months ago. It appears I’ve got the job. However, the job requires me to have medical clearance as my owp does not allow me to work in health professions and there will be contact with patients. Since the latest procedural fairness is warning me of being inadmissible because my children didn’t do their medicals (they will not be coming to Canada), then everything is up in the air. I don’t know what to tell this employer, but it isn’t looking good for me.

Dec 5, 2018
Oh I am so sorry! This can be tough, but is their a way you can get family members or close friends to talk to her, explaining you are about to be be refused may be she would listen. Meanwhile pray.

Reactions: Tabby777

Jon74

Jan 4, 2019
Oh I am so sorry! This can be tough, but is their a way you can get family members or close friends to talk to her, explaining you are about to be be refused may be she would listen. Meanwhile pray.
My refusal would be music to her ears. I have social media screenshots where she and her friends have vowed to do everything to make life difficult for me. Immigration was not interested, however. I have a statement from my 17 yr old daughter refusing to do the medical, but the immigration officer dismissed her statement as she is not an adult. I sent in a comprehensive letter and had my lawyer notarize it, but I feel that right now, it will take a miracle.

apatel86

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
Sorry to ask u this but did u get acknowledged that IRCC has refused to accept yr 17 yr’s statement ? Did they sent u in correspondence?

apatel86

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
My refusal would be music to her ears. I have social media screenshots where she and her friends have vowed to do everything to make life difficult for me. Immigration was not interested, however. I have a statement from my 17 yr old daughter refusing to do the medical, but the immigration officer dismissed her statement as she is not an adult. I sent in a comprehensive letter and had my lawyer notarize it, but I feel that right now, it will take a miracle.
I seriously think that immigration should remove this rule, if someone is moving on with life and agreeing to not sponsor kids in future they why to hold up! I am in same situation. Ex is in Australia , I am a mom but I have decided not to look back and provided IRCC with my affidavit for absence of my non accompanying child’s medical since Oct. I am End of March applicant. They have started my background check but medical status is still not updated. We have no custody in place and ex is refusing to do medical.. I can see everyone similar to my time are getting landing interview but I am not even passed medical.. it is really stressful. As a mom it’s really hard to move on and gave up on child however I have decided to not look back to avoid this pain but this things dragging me back in..

Reactions: Jon74

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
You can simply waive your right to sponsor your children in the future and exclude them from the application that way. When people can't get medicals done for their dependents, they can write a statement saying that they understand that these dependents won't be eligible for sponsorship in the future and that they accept that. So the application proceeds just for you, with medical exams waived for the kids rendering them excluded from family class in the future.

You have a lawyer? This is quite a common occurrence, not sure why you didn't go down that route. Unless you want the medicals waived without excluding the kids. This would be probably almost impossible to achieve.

apatel86

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
You can simply waive your right to sponsor your children in the future and exclude them from the application that way. When people can't get medicals done for their dependents, they can write a statement saying that they understand that these dependents won't be eligible for sponsorship in the future and that they accept that. So the application proceeds just for you, with medical exams waived for the kids rendering them excluded from family class in the future.

You have a lawyer? This is quite a common occurrence, not sure why you didn't go down that route. Unless you want the medicals waived without excluding the kids. This would be probably almost impossible to achieve.
Yes In my affidavit I have mentioned I would like to renounce my right of future sponsorship too. But still medical status is not updated. I also gave in affidavit with proofs of email correspondence beeeen me and ex showing refusal.i have also mentioned I haven’t seen kid since he was 3 months now he is 4 yrs . So they can see I am very firm on it. I have shown literally every way possible in my affidavit that I am not going to sponsor the kid now or any time in future. I also confirmed by calling them that they received my medical and affidevit sent by me..Still dear, no change in medical status yet!

Reactions: Jon74

Jon74

Jan 4, 2019

It is not quite as easy as you make it appear. The officer has asked me to provide proof that my ex has “legal” sole custody, I.e, a court order. The officer has said that if I can provide this, I can then sign a notarized affidavit saying I agree that I can’t sponsor the kids now, or in the future, but the letter seems pretty clear; without the proof that I have no legal parental right over the children, to compel them to do the medical, then it’s not quite as easy as signing a waiver.

Reactions: apatel86

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
It is not quite as easy as you make it appear. The officer has asked me to provide proof that my ex has “legal” sole custody, I.e, a court order. The officer has said that if I can provide this, I can then sign a notarized affidavit saying I agree that I can’t sponsor the kids now, or in the future, but the letter seems pretty clear; without the proof that I have no legal parental right over the children, to compel them to do the medical, then it’s not quite as easy as signing a waiver.
Ah yeah, I skipped over that part. They tend to see it in a very black or white way - if you legally have custody or access, you can just swoop in, take the kid and do the exam. Which, of course, is not how it really works usually.

apatel86

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
We have parental order in place which has statement like we both mother and father can live with child and the living parent can take decisions on day to day life of kid without the need to consult to other parent, do u think if I show that to IRCC that will help? This is definitely not the custody though!

Jon74

Jan 4, 2019
We have parental order in place which has statement like we both mother and father can live with child and the living parent can take decisions on day to day life of kid without the need to consult to other parent, do u think if I show that to IRCC that will help? This is definitely not the custody though!
Has your parental order been done though a court? If, like me, your child is in Australia, then you are under the Australian family law act, which basically states (in the absence of a court order giving one parent specific rights) that both parents have joint responsibility of the child in the day to day activities and decision making.

IRCC will probably assume that in the absence of a court issued document saying otherwise, that your basic parental rights apply. You, at least have your ex partners written refusal, I would have imagined this would give some weight to your case. I, like you, have no update on my medical status (submitted in September), they will not give me any update at all. My Ecas shows nothing, when I try and link my application to mycic account, it says they can’t find any such application. It’s a very frustrating process.