+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

ronakshukla009

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Hi Feb 14 applicant here. One of those who are still waiting for DM letter. I called cic today and they said my background check is still pending, that's shut I have not received DM yet. No time frame given, even though its gonna be 12 months next month.

Anyone else called ? Got any update?

Thanks
I called them yesterday. They told me that your background check is in progress and most of the part has been completed. It just the matter of time and patience. That was her response... but it will be 1 year next month..

Sharukh khan

Jan 14, 2019
Don't worry, should be good news coming soon…
Generally your background check is done and final review your case…
But since after medical my bgc is still not started and when i check over the phone it says review of eligiblity has not started yet
Very confused situation as many people say bgc start right after medical
I passed my medical in sep
Till not started bg

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018
I called them yesterday. They told me that your background check is in progress and most of the part has been completed. It just the matter of time and patience. That was her response... but it will be 1 year next month..
They told me same thing , background check is in process. But it has been over 5 months since my background check is in process...this process is so exhausting...

Al_sen

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
They told me same thing , background check is in process. But it has been over 5 months since my background check is in process...this process is so exhausting...
I called and they just said the same thing background checking and you have to wait and its the last step
Really frustrating

Al_sen

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
Hi Feb 14 applicant here. One of those who are still waiting for DM letter. I called cic today and they said my background check is still pending, that's shut I have not received DM yet. No time frame given, even though its gonna be 12 months next month.

Anyone else called ? Got any update?

Thanks
Same here they don't give any helpful informations

New to FSW

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Nomination.....
28-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2015
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-05-2015
Interview........
TLU 26-05-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 27-07-2015 DM:30-07-2015
Mar 13th Applicant.. Received interview letter for January 30th at Etobikoke...thanks everybody for your tips and feedback. Appreciate it..

Dogfather

Jun 5, 2018
Sent my application November 15, 2018 annnd just received my application back (January 22, 2019) because it states a police record on the application is not valid because they want FBI records, I gave state police records because that stated....Luckily I already filed for my records so I will not need to wait the 3-5 months to get them but the FBI wants my prints now, grrrreat. My record is clean as a whistle so no issues there but what a process.

I also was missing my own birth certificate *facepalm*

and the marriage license we received the day we married did not qualify, they want the official providence approved/issued marriage license so we need to pay extra to get it in 3-5 business days to get it *double facepalm*

Oh well, living and learning, but don't make my mistakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: fionabubu

Tobi emmanuel

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
Good day guys.
Am new to this forum and will like to ask a question and I hope I can get a good respond or solution.

My wife already sent the spouse sponsor application to 49 Dorchester street Sydney Nova Scotia B1P 5Z2, since first week of October, she already paid for the application with her Cc, but she didn't print the receipt and include it to the application.and also yet haven't heard or got any email from the office. So I was wondering maybe it's due to the reciept that wasn't added or just a form of delay because she hasn't received any email yet.. So please is there any suggestion or any one with same situation. I was thinking maybe she needs to send the receipt to that same address or it doesn't matter..?. Pls any suggestion or solution. Thank you.

elomam

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Montreal
PR card application approved per gckey, waiting for the last step (receiving it physically). Finally relieved, me and my wife can travel finally without much headaches....
(see my signature for full timeline)

Reactions: Moek90