+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
I went for my landing interview yesterday November 19th in London, and everything went smooth and easy! Easier than I thought with simply confirming information. I am officially a Permanent Resident now! I am over the moon. I cant wait to get my PR card in the mail so I can travel and see my family again! Its been two years! They said it will take up to 90 days for me to recieve it. Thanks for everyones support!

Also, I can now safely reveal that I was indeed out of status during this whole application. I was honest about it in my application and I kept a low profile, not doing anything wrong and staying put in Canada not traveling. They could care less. So if you are worried about out of status, trust me I have had plenty of anxiety over it and I still got PR.[
I went for my landing interview yesterday November 19th in London, and everything went smooth and easy! Easier than I thought with simply confirming information. I am officially a Permanent Resident now! I am over the moon. I cant wait to get my PR card in the mail so I can travel and see my family again! Its been two years! They said it will take up to 90 days for me to recieve it. Thanks for everyones support!

Also, I can now safely reveal that I was indeed out of status during this whole application. I was honest about it in my application and I kept a low profile, not doing anything wrong and staying put in Canada not traveling. They could care less. So if you are worried about out of status, trust me I have had plenty of anxiety over it and I still got PR.
Also, much congratulations and all the best for your life ahead. :)

Reactions: jimbo2093

xHinax

Apr 6, 2018
Canada
But when you are out of status, you can apply for owp but you don't receive Owp till sponser approval . I have never heard that it can cause rejection of your spousal application.
Thank you! Looking at my timeline for sponsor approval it wouldnt have been worth spending the money on the OWP anyways then if I was going to use it only for maybe a month IF I got a job fast lol. What a hassle. I def recommend getting open work pemit for everyone, just my situation was a little wonky :)

Tabz-94

Mar 28, 2017
Ajax
Category........
FAM
Thank you! Looking at my timeline for sponsor approval it wouldnt have been worth spending the money on the OWP anyways then if I was going to use it only for maybe a month IF I got a job fast lol. What a hassle. I def recommend getting open work pemit for everyone, just my situation was a little wonky :)

How does CIC send you the landing interview invitation letter? Is it via email or mail (Canada post)?

I'm worried that if CIC sends this via Canada post, it will take forever as Canada post is on strike....

Reactions: shahriar6567

yvonne419

Feb 24, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
17-01-2018
AOR Received.
19-02-2018
Hey! No, status is still the same, last Friday they have requested PA's travels history and nothing after that. :(
Travel histories? I remember there a form needs us to fill out all the travel histories, why did they ask again? Did they call you or send you an email?

xHinax

Apr 6, 2018
Canada
How does CIC send you the landing interview invitation letter? Is it via email or mail (Canada post)?

I'm worried that if CIC sends this via Canada post, it will take forever as Canada post is on strike....
Mine was through email. Thank heavens.

Galch-os

Jul 6, 2018
Travel histories? I remember there a form needs us to fill out all the travel histories, why did they ask again? Did they call you or send you an email?
I think this is my mistake, since I dont remember filling out that form. But I received an email saying that there is a new message in my account. So I am guessing this might extend my timeline. Let me know if you get an update )

yvonne419

Feb 24, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
17-01-2018
AOR Received.
19-02-2018
I think this is my mistake, since I dont remember filling out that form. But I received an email saying that there is a new message in my account. So I am guessing this might extend my timeline. Let me know if you get an update )
I just happened to check ESCA, it showed DM on applicant side!!

Reactions: Galch-os

KJin

Jul 7, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2018
AOR Received.
09-02-2018
Med's Request
27-06-2018
Med's Done....
18-07-2018
Hey guys, yesterday received my AIP and SA, on ecas I also have DM on both sides. Is it a good sign? Also, how long should I wait for the landing appointment? Will it come in the email or mail?

Thankssss and luck to everyone awaiting!

Reactions: Newbie17

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018
Hey guys, yesterday received my AIP and SA, on ecas I also have DM on both sides. Is it a good sign? Also, how long should I wait for the landing appointment? Will it come in the email or mail?

Thankssss and luck to everyone awaiting!
Congratulations...can you please share your timeline?

Saskie

Sep 5, 2017
Hi I am new here, new application and I am the sponsor. Our application was received on Oct 23. We sent everything requested for on the checklist, including Schedule A, Police check and OWP app. I received an email today with a UCI and App number, also stating that my application to sponsor my spouse inland has been received. There were links to check app status but there was no link on how to link application. I tried to link the application to my Spouse's cic acct but nothing of such is there. But when I check on ecas, the sponsor app is there showing as in process.
I guess my question then is, the email i received, is that the AOR we should expecting or will another AOR be sent when I have been approved as a sponsor?

As well, out of curiosity, on what basis can someone be denied as a sponsor? I guess I am letting my nerves get the best of me and I am so worried about this term " social assistance". I am a citizen but I have student loans and I am in repayment.
Hi, not sure if anyone has replied, but thought I would! I was in the same boat (sponsor, student loans). No, they won't deny you based on your student load debt (thankfully!). I sweated over that one as well and later asked when I was speaking to Immigration Services and they confirmed that it was a non-issue.

As well, we had problems linking our application to the online account - found help here and was told to only enter the minimum information when trying to link it and it worked :) I can't remember what combination of things, but don't fill out all of the fields.