+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Rickay001

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
No problem!!

Jan. 30. 2018 - Application couriered via FeDex to CPC.
Jan. 31. 2018 - Application received by CPC.
Feb. 27. 2018 - Received AOR
Feb. 28. 2018 - Upload Schedule A (PCC - Upfront)
Mar. 19. 2018 - OWP application sent to AB
Apr. 19. 2018 - Start to process Background Check
Jun. 11. 2018 - OWP approved
Jul. 11. 2018 - Medical Request (ECAS 'In Process')
Jul. 25. 2018 - Medical Completed
Aug. 05. 2018 - Medical Passed
Nov. 19. 2018 - Eligibility Passed
Congratulations

sri_2622

Nov 19, 2018
Hi Everyone,
I am a March 2018 inland spouse applicant. From what I've read so far I think my timeline would be Jan-Feb 2019 for the landing interview.
My concern is that I have to fly to India in Feb and I am worried that it will clash with my interview.
Has anyone rescheduled their landing interview before?How did it go?

I understand that If I get my COPR then I can apply a PRTD from India. But what if I am in India when I receive my landing interview mail?
AOR : March 21st 2018
OWP : Jul 15th 2018
Medical received : Sept 12th 2018
Thanks
Can someone please help?

elomam

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Montreal
Can someone please help?
you can ask in the 2017 Inland forum, but it seems a couple of people there were successful in rescheduling their landing interviews. Even better if your local office is Montreal they have this pilot project where you can go for landing at any time given you received the landing letter, such a way leave you the opportunity to decide when to go.

sri_2622

Nov 19, 2018
you can ask in the 2017 Inland forum, but it seems a couple of people there were successful in rescheduling their landing interviews. Even better if your local office is Montreal they have this pilot project where you can go for landing at any time given you received the landing letter, such a way leave you the opportunity to decide when to go.
Yes i checked the thread there too.I was wondering if someone from 2018 also has some experience so I get a more current update.
Thank you so much replying.

Reactions: elomam

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
Hello May sponsor here,
I was wondering from which point can the applicant not leave and return to Canada by plane until they have PR card?
After SA? DM? AIP?
Thanks
After they become PR. Once your spouse lands as PR they cancel any temporary resident visa or status, and the PR needs to have the card. I heard about a type of request a person can make once they are overseas without the card, but not sure the name and processing time of this "paper".

sri_2622

Nov 19, 2018
After they become PR. Once your spouse lands as PR they cancel any temporary resident visa or status, and the PR needs to have the card. I heard about a type of request a person can make once they are overseas without the card, but not sure the name and processing time of this "paper".
I think you are talking about PRTD
Permanent resident travel document.

xHinax

Apr 6, 2018
Canada
I went for my landing interview yesterday November 19th in London, and everything went smooth and easy! Easier than I thought with simply confirming information. I am officially a Permanent Resident now! I am over the moon. I cant wait to get my PR card in the mail so I can travel and see my family again! Its been two years! They said it will take up to 90 days for me to recieve it. Thanks for everyones support!

Also, I can now safely reveal that I was indeed out of status during this whole application. I was honest about it in my application and I kept a low profile, not doing anything wrong and staying put in Canada not traveling. They could care less. So if you are worried about out of status, trust me I have had plenty of anxiety over it and I still got PR.

Tabby777

Oct 19, 2018
I went for my landing interview yesterday November 19th in London, and everything went smooth and easy! Easier than I thought with simply confirming information. I am officially a Permanent Resident now! I am over the moon. I cant wait to get my PR card in the mail so I can travel and see my family again! Its been two years! They said it will take up to 90 days for me to recieve it. Thanks for everyones support!

Also, I can now safely reveal that I was indeed out of status during this whole application. I was honest about it in my application and I kept a low profile, not doing anything wrong and staying put in Canada not traveling. They could care less. So if you are worried about out of status, trust me I have had plenty of anxiety over it and I still got PR.
Congrats to you! Thrilled that you will get the chance to see your family again!
Were you working during this time? Did you apply for OWP, got any response?

xHinax

Apr 6, 2018
Canada
Congrats to you! Thrilled that you will get the chance to see your family again!
Were you working during this time? Did you apply for OWP, got any response?
I sent in my OWP app with my sponsorship but the whole application got sent back with LUCKILY a kind note from an officer telling me that if I am out of status and submit for OWP they will most likely reject my WHOLE sponsorship application and it would be better to wait it out. So that is what I did since I was out of status and didnt want my sponsorship rejected. I worked under the table and babysat for a friend instead when she took temporary jobs around christmas.

I also plan to work with children here in Canada. Now that I have my PR I can look forward to fulfilling the requirements for daycare work :)

softgothk

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
I sent in my OWP app with my sponsorship but the whole application got sent back with LUCKILY a kind note from an officer telling me that if I am out of status and submit for OWP they will most likely reject my WHOLE sponsorship application and it would be better to wait it out. So that is what I did since I was out of status and didnt want my sponsorship rejected. I worked under the table and babysat for a friend instead when she took temporary jobs around christmas.

I also plan to work with children here in Canada. Now that I have my PR I can look forward to fulfilling the requirements for daycare work :)
Congratulations! It is amazing to see that you got interview request email the next day of decision making. It's been almost two weeks since we got DM but nothing has happened to the interview notification... Fingers crossed!

All the best to your life as a PR and hope you find the job you wanted.

Reactions: Betabr