+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Shannynsz

Sep 4, 2018
The order mentioned is correct, except for the fact that payment confirmations should go at the very top. So those followed by the checklist, OWP, barcode pages, and everything else (we put everything else in order it appears in the checklist). It's mentioned in the guides and all over the forum. Though I don't think anyone has ever had an app returned because the barcode pages weren't on top or anything, so don't stress too much.
Great thanks so much. Brand new on here and having trouble narrowing down to what I actually need to look amongst the million threads!

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Great thanks so much. Brand new on here and having trouble narrowing down to what I actually need to look amongst the million threads!
Please, please go through the guide. They have listed there the common mistakes people do.

Shannynsz

Sep 4, 2018
Please, please go through the guide. They have listed there the common mistakes people do.
Would be SUPER appreciative if you could help direct me to where the guide is. Not sure why I’m struggling on this site so much but nothing seems simple!

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Would be SUPER appreciative if you could help direct me to where the guide is. Not sure why I’m struggling on this site so much but nothing seems simple!
Here's the complete guide: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html

When you reach Step 1, there's a link highlighted that says "Get your application package". Click that so you can see the country-specific requirements.

Reactions: np08

monicaC

Mar 26, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Honestly, we didn't even know about this thread when we submitted the application. I read through all the instructions, checklists, common mistakes etc. if you are super thorough and go over things a few times then you should catch everything. we didn't want to get ours returned or have any delays because i was 9 months pregnant when we submitted (Im the sponsor), but we didnt want to pay for a lawyer. So far so good we submitted in March and things have been smooth so far. it will take forever to go through these threads to find all the info. you might as well spend the time reading the instructions well. top mistakes i would say are not paying the right fees and forgetting to sign a form. Also make sure you send it by courier!

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Could anyone be able to help us with the cover letter format that we have to attach with our inland spousal sponsorship application
We just went in the order that's on the checklist. So for example, question 3 says to include documents A, B, C.

We wrote the question as it is on the checklist including the proper number and then under it, in a bullet list, all the things we included. Like so:

3. Attach documents A, B, C

• Document A
  • Document B
  • Document C
Later on, where they ask you for additional relationship proof, we did the same.

Copy paste the exact wording of the question, copy paste the wording of the sub category (such as, maybe this is the part where you're including letters from friends and family) and then list all the documents in order (in this case, letter from parents, letter from friends XY, letter from friend Z, etc). Same goes for any bills, insurance policies, titles, anything at all that we included. We listed them all in order as they're requested (and we arranged them in the package in that same order).

saniyasunesara

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
We just went in the order that's on the checklist. So for example, question 3 says to include documents A, B, C.

We wrote the question as it is on the checklist including the proper number and then under it, in a bullet list, all the things we included. Like so:

3. Attach documents A, B, C

• Document A
  • Document B
  • Document C
Later on, where they ask you for additional relationship proof, we did the same.

Copy paste the exact wording of the question, copy paste the wording of the sub category (such as, maybe this is the part where you're including letters from friends and family) and then list all the documents in order (in this case, letter from parents, letter from friends XY, letter from friend Z, etc). Same goes for any bills, insurance policies, titles, anything at all that we included. We listed them all in order as they're requested (and we arranged them in the package in that same order).
Thank you so much

Jaime C

Jul 3, 2017
I'm hoping I will though unfortunately I probably wont get it for a while. Found out that my status as a visitor expired and, had I found out a month sooner I could have sent in paperwork to have that fixed but unfortunately I realized this about a month too late. If my husband had his passport, we would attempt making the 2 hour drive to the boarder so I can reenter as a visitor but since he doesn't have his passport we don't want to risk me not being allowed back into Canada so I'm just chilling here, hoping that for some reason all my stuff gets processed quickly or that I get to be one of the outliers that still gets a work permit while their status is expired.
Hang in there ... It will all work out for the best ... Good luck with everything

Mountains2018

Sep 6, 2018
Hi All,

I am a failed refugee claimant. Got married and my wife is PR. Jan 2018 we applied my PR under Inland spousal sponsorship.
We got our AOR , PCC request and Medical request. Can anyone please help me understand how do I request for H&C consideration to get exemption from travel document or passport. I do not have any travel document or passport and won’t be able to get one.

I have a work permit but it says “does not confer temporary residence status “at the end.

Can any one please help me understand about it. I recently came across the need of passport. When I applied I wrote a small letter explaining I was not eligible to get passport or travel document from country of my residence or my country of citizenship.

I read in one of the forum we have to apply inland spousal sponsorship with requesting H&C considerations for exemption. Does anyone have how do i request one?

Thank you for your help.

Honeydew1987

Nov 17, 2017
Hi, does anybody know how long it will take for me to get my PR after I passed the medical exam. My medical exam passed on August 30. They are processing my background check now. My working visa expires on Feb 2019. I am not sure If i need to renew my working visa. Thanks!

softgothk

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Hi, does anybody know how long it will take for me to get my PR after I passed the medical exam. My medical exam passed on August 30. They are processing my background check now. My working visa expires on Feb 2019. I am not sure If i need to renew my working visa. Thanks!
Are you holding a 2-year OWP now? What is your timeline? When I went through the 2017 applicants timeline, I saw cases varying from 4-10 months after medical. The 12-month processing time is really just an average.