+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
@iamvenus hi venus! i just want to ask, if your owp+ext is approved will CIC email you or the sponsor? i cant link my owp stilll im getting worried about it. thanks!
They should email you, the applicant. Have you tried calling? Ugh, I really hope they've accepted your application.

I tried to message you privately, but it won't let me. Anyway, what have you done so far to link your OWP? What I remembered with mine when I was trying to link my app, I intentionally left the needed info blank and clicked Search, then supplied the needed info with red arrows.

Use the last name, first name, date of birth option.

Last edited:
Reactions: i_adrianes

i_adrianes

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
They should email you, the applicant. Have you tried calling? Ugh, I really hope they've accepted your application.

I tried to message you privately, but it won't let me. Anyway, what have you done so far to link your OWP? What I remembered with mine when I was trying to link my app, I intentionally left the needed info blank and clicked Search, then supplied the needed info with red arrows.

i tried calling last week of august and they said it is in and just to wait. ugh. im kinda stressed.

i_adrianes

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018

tried the name and date of birth, still no go. i will call again on the 20th. i think it is accepted because the lady said it is there and i paid all the dues and sent all the paper work. hopefully it does.

Jen Stapleton

Sep 4, 2018
@iamvenus hi venus! i just want to ask, if your owp+ext is approved will CIC email you or the sponsor? i cant link my owp stilll im getting worried about it. thanks!
I also had issues linking my husbands OWP application. I realized that his UCI# is different than mine. If you have linked your PR application, click on the "full application status" button. In there, there will be a different UCI#. As soon as I used that one I was able to link my husbands OWP to the account.
I used UCI#, family name, and passport number!

Good luck!

Reactions: mel406

i_adrianes

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
I also had issues linking my husbands OWP application. I realized that his UCI# is different than mine. If you have linked your PR application, click on the "full application status" button. In there, there will be a different UCI#. As soon as I used that one I was able to link my husbands OWP to the account.
I used UCI#, family name, and passport number!

Good luck!
thanks! i have tried that option and havet gotten nowhere. i will call cic again and see whats up with my application.

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I went to check for any updates on my online application, and the below message popped on my computer screen. Please let me know if this happened to you as well. I want to know if it's my account specifically, or if the system is down/maintenance. I checked the IRCC twitter and it states that some systems are having technical difficulties. I just want to confirm with all of you.
Thank you!

We’re sorry, something went wrong

You are seeing this message for a few possible reasons:

• Our server is down.
    If we are performing maintenance, we will let you know. See the sign in page or Twitter to know when the server will be back up.
  • There was a technical issue with your application.
    Blank fields may cause errors when you try to move on to the next step. Sign back in and make sure you enter all the information on the form.

EJH

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I went to check for any updates on my online application, and the below message popped on my computer screen. Please let me know if this happened to you as well. I want to know if it's my account specifically, or if the system is down/maintenance. I checked the IRCC twitter and it states that some systems are having technical difficulties. I just want to confirm with all of you.
Thank you!

We’re sorry, something went wrong

You are seeing this message for a few possible reasons:

• Our server is down.
    If we are performing maintenance, we will let you know. See the sign in page or Twitter to know when the server will be back up.
  • There was a technical issue with your application.
    Blank fields may cause errors when you try to move on to the next step. Sign back in and make sure you enter all the information on the form.
I got it as well. Probably minor, will be fixed soon, and have no impact on actual processing.

Reactions: Evergreen_3034