AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
I recieved AOR last week. I linked my sponsorship application and my OWP using a CIC account. What’s next?
Now you wait. You'll get your work permit in two to three months. Medical requests seem to happen six months after sending the application package. and then more waiting.

wallbr

Star Member
May 7, 2018
App. Filed.......
13-07-2018
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
Now you wait. You'll get your work permit in two to three months. Medical requests seem to happen six months after sending the application package. and then more waiting.
Awesome, thank you for answering :).

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
How do I know if what I received is an AOR? What should the wording say?
It's the first email you get from CIC after sending the package and it contains your UCI and application number, as well as the instruction on how to link the application to your online account.

ameet747

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Not Applicable
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
10-04-2014
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
13-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
Hello,
I have asked this question in a separate thread as well, but maybe I will get better traction in this existing thread :)

I am an Indian citizen with PR in Canada, residing in Toronto. I am getting married later this year in India. My partner is a British citizen with UK passport, even though she has lived in India pretty much all her life.
We are planning to travel back together soon after the wedding (she only needs to apply for eTA, no visa required).
My question is - Once we land in Canada, and if we honestly tell border agents that she's entering as a visitor for now and we will apply for inland Spousal PR, will that cause an issue? Or should we just claim that she's entering as a visitor and will fly back home to apply for PR as an outland applicant?

jsmithun

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Thank you! Sucks to know that we cannot apply online. Questions if anyone can help:

(1) If we do a paper work permit application tomorrow then will the submission date be considered of tomorrow?

(2) If yes to above, then attaching a proof of AOR will help to speed up process?

Thank you,
Neha.
Yes, you can apply separately either through paper or online by referencing the Application number .

jsmithun

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Hello,
I have asked this question in a separate thread as well, but maybe I will get better traction in this existing thread :)

I am an Indian citizen with PR in Canada, residing in Toronto. I am getting married later this year in India. My partner is a British citizen with UK passport, even though she has lived in India pretty much all her life.
We are planning to travel back together soon after the wedding (she only needs to apply for eTA, no visa required).
My question is - Once we land in Canada, and if we honestly tell border agents that she's entering as a visitor for now and we will apply for inland Spousal PR, will that cause an issue? Or should we just claim that she's entering as a visitor and will fly back home to apply for PR as an outland applicant?
When I entered, I told the immigration officer that I was planning to apply for Inland spousal sponsorship. He asked for marriage proof and my wife who was sponsoring was also with me.
It will be better if you say that you're going to apply for inland spousal sponsorship. So that there will be a record when you enter Canada.

But nowadays Outland is faster, so you can do Outland as well . But the choice is yours. All the best.

Prettyjhazz

Mar 15, 2017
we got married last june, any advices who can help us with pr aplication except expensive lawyers ?
You can try immigroup as we also went there for help before i sent my application more cheaper than lawyers. We went to lawyers downtown payed 500 for a consultation for 5mins for nothing they just ask us to let them do all the works for 4500 plus the application payment. We didnt do it as its to expensive when we already did all the paper works just consult them what mistake we make and thats it.

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to post my medical examination experience with the forum. I went to Vancouver, to Dr. Desmond P. Dwyer/Sahil Sood. I only had to bring my passport and my IMM 1017E form; a picture is being taken for your convenience in the waiting room. If you have an MSP card, bring it as well.

Here you pay 230 dollars, which is for the general examination, urine test and blood test. Then you go on to the place where they take a chest x-ray. This is done only a block away from where you have had the first tests, and costs another 60 bucks. All in all, it was done in less than 2 hours, as it all seemed quite the routine job for all of them. Which makes sense, as they see so many of us wackos coming in

It was kind of a joke, as there was only a little bit of asking about personal medical history. There was no further questioning on the question sheet that you have to fill out, and the general examination consisted of some feeling here and there, blood pressure, heart beat and lungs. For the worriers out there; no need to!

Reactions: Evergreen_3034

Shannynsz

Sep 4, 2018
Mine was received on December 21st so I guess technically we're 2017 applicants! But I have a question that I thought I'd ask here and it also might help other people. I noticed after sending our application that this was mentioned on cic guidelines:
The order of documents should be as follows:
checklist;
open work permit application (and supporting documents), if applicable;
any barcode pages;
supporting documents, in the order they’re listed on the checklist.

Has anyone else missed that? Also for anyone who hasn't submitted yet, keep that in mind! :)
Where did you see that? I have it all ready to go but thought barcodes went behind relevant sections?

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Where did you see that? I have it all ready to go but thought barcodes went behind relevant sections?
The order mentioned is correct, except for the fact that payment confirmations should go at the very top. So those followed by the checklist, OWP, barcode pages, and everything else (we put everything else in order it appears in the checklist). It's mentioned in the guides and all over the forum. Though I don't think anyone has ever had an app returned because the barcode pages weren't on top or anything, so don't stress too much.

wallbr

Star Member
May 7, 2018
App. Filed.......
13-07-2018
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
great, I saw lots of ppl required schedule A and PCC, maybe you will be asked in the next couple days.
I sent the schedule A up front as requested in the check list. Is PCC police certificate? If yes, I already sent upfront as requested in the check list