2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Tygerr

Aug 21, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
Just to be sure,
I live in Mississauga, I have a PR and my spouse lives outside Canada. I sent my spouse application to sydney, NS. According to the new update.
Anything wrong with that?
Where did you submit?

Reactions: Jaime C

Jaime C

Jul 3, 2017
Just to be sure,
I live in Mississauga, I have a PR and my spouse lives outside Canada. I sent my spouse application to sydney, NS. According to the new update.
Anything wrong with that?
Where did you submit?
Sydney , Nova Scotia is the correct office for Outland

csarah15

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
30-05-2018
AOR Received.
11-07-2018
please respond, I am little confused here: I have applied for my wife's sponsorship, I am a P.R only. I was asked to submit the PCC along wiith the documents. My first Question is: would she be required or asked for PCC again? Secondly, I never heard of OWP in this case, and do I need to apply for OWP for her? thank you everyone in advance
OWP is not a must, its for the applicant who wish to obtain a work permit and start working as soon as possible. If you wife is not in a hurry to work, you have no need to apply. As for the PCC they usually don't ask for another one. Unless u submitted it passed the 6 month validity period.

yaya2016

Star Member
Mar 14, 2016
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
AOR Received.
09-03-2018
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
08-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
Good news to us !!! I have been following 2017 inland post for a while. Looks IRCC is accelerating now, Aug application is the major (within one year timeline), and I do see some September and even Oct applicant. They are saying Toronto office is faster than Vancouver office, good for them.

Wondering how do I know if my case was processed by which office? I am in Vancouver but our application was sent to Mississauga I believe

Reactions: Evergreen_3034

Dee687

Jun 6, 2018
Hello, I hope this meets you all well.

Sorry if this question has been asked before (my research skills...are impatient. lol).

I have 2 questions that I would appreciate if anyone can please answer for me:

1) I recently got my OWP and I tried to get a Health card but i was told I need to have a full time job first (for a minimum of 6 months) before I can apply for it. However, I read somewhere that if i have applied for a PR and CIC has confirmed that I meet eligibility requirement/i haven't been denied then I can apply for the health card. My question is, at what point do i know if I have met eligibility requirement? After medicals etc? I'm an April inland applicant (my husband filed for me)

2) Would it be safe to travel to the US for the weekend and come back while my PR is being processed? (I have a valid visitors visa and OWP)

Reactions: pavanvulli

CanIndo1111

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
Hello, I hope this meets you all well.

Sorry if this question has been asked before (my research skills...are impatient. lol).

I have 2 questions that I would appreciate if anyone can please answer for me:

1) I recently got my OWP and I tried to get a Health card but i was told I need to have a full time job first (for a minimum of 6 months) before I can apply for it. However, I read somewhere that if i have applied for a PR and CIC has confirmed that I meet eligibility requirement/i haven't been denied then I can apply for the health card. My question is, at what point do i know if I have met eligibility requirement? After medicals etc? I'm an April inland applicant (my husband filed for me)

2) Would it be safe to travel to the US for the weekend and come back while my PR is being processed? (I have a valid visitors visa and OWP)
May I know which province are you living?

Lemur

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
if you are visa exempt and you have owp.. i dont see the reason why would they reject the entry. whats the difference if you go back to home country or any other after you submitted pcc? passport with which i had applied my pr is different than my home country of residence. question about citizenship, do we have to renounce our 2ndcitizenship so we can get canadian?
so there is no rule written anywhere about travelling while pr is in process.
I phoned CIC in advance about my travels and the officer I spoke to told me that travelling is always a risk and entry can always be denied by the border officer. She also told me not to travel to my home country, because my PCC would become void.

I guess there are people who successfully traveled home and back, but I didn't want to take the risk. Now I feel like I am so close to PR that I don't want to take any risks anymore since the OWP is linked to PR application. My previous IEC visa was not linked to PR.

You can read more about travelling while in process here: here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=248&top=28

In regards to your passport question, isn't there a section about citizenship in the PR application forms? I think you are supposed to indicate all your citizenship documents there. I am not sure though.

Last edited:

abbeynaija

Aug 12, 2018
Hello, I have a 2 quick questions... on the CIC website, it states that for medical exams, we will be getting a form from CIC to bring to doctor, but if we decide to go ahead of time, such as what you did:
- what do we say to doctor to set up appointment without the form?, and what do we bring to appointment?
Thank you in advance and congratulations that steps are moving forward for you and your application process!
Did you get an answer to this yet?

riffraff9

Oct 17, 2015
I phoned CIC in advance about my travels and the officer I spoke to told me that travelling is always a risk and entry can always be denied by the border officer. She also told me not to travel to my home country, because my PCC would become void.

I guess there are people who successfully traveled home and back, but I didn't want to take the risk. Now I feel like I am so close to PR that I don't want to take any risks anymore since the OWP is linked to PR application. My previous IEC visa was not linked to PR.

You can read more about travelling while in process here: here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=248&top=28

In regards to your passport question, isn't there a section about citizenship in the PR application forms? I think you are supposed to indicate all your citizenship documents there. I am not sure though.
isn't there a section about citizenship in the PR application forms?
nope. there is no such question.
Can I leave Canada while IRCC processes my application for permanent residence?
Yes. However, if you leave Canada while your application is being processed, you must meet all the admissibility rules before being allowed back into Canada.

If you leave Canada and want to return, you must have all the required documents to enter. This can include:

its pretty clear now that we can travel ! ! ! !

Reetypd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yes. However, if you leave Canada while your application is being processed, you must meet all the admissibility rules before being allowed back into Canada.

If you leave Canada and want to return, you must have all the required documents to enter. This can include:

From what I understand the risk is if you travel out of the country and do NOT hold a valid visa or ETA you can be denied entry this voiding your application.
The website states that if you hold a valid entry document you can return back into Canada. I never understood why this would be doubted - the country cannot hold you, in a sense, “hostage” since you have a PR in progress.
Or am I getting something wrong here?

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018

But that would be always a risk, the border won't let you in.

noha_qc

Star Member
Apr 9, 2015
hi i am an February 2018 applicant and i just received medical request ,what is the next step after medical is passed and how long will it take after medical?

vs28can

Dec 9, 2016
hi i am an February 2018 applicant and i just received medical request ,what is the next step after medical is passed and how long will it take after medical?
Submit the medical result, once you submit in couple of months they will update the account stating medical passed, post that they will do the eligibility check and once that approves you are real close to get the PR itself.