+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
1) My spouse case was different as we applied for OWP later on during the process, and with the last correspondence received from IRCC (related to med results), it stated we need to inform them of any change of status in Canada along with a proof. So yesterday I sent a copy of my spouse's OWP via webform.
I guess in your case it won't harm the process to send it as well...
2) for my spouse application it changed around June 6th-7th, and we're Feb 2 applicants, so I guess it would start maybe very soon for you.
Thank you for your response. Helpful!

KRaeGibson

Jun 28, 2018
Chatham Ontario
Hi, guys, I have a question!

My application was received June 13th and I'm able to link both my PR application and OWP on my GCKey account. It says that they are "submitted" on July 31st, but I haven't received AOR yet, though. Does this mean my AOR is coming soon and that my application won't be sent back? Or is there still a chance they'll send my application back to me?

Thanks in advance for your help!

ZahidGani

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Hi, guys, I have a question!

My application was received June 13th and I'm able to link both my PR application and OWP on my GCKey account. It says that they are "submitted" on July 31st, but I haven't received AOR yet, though. Does this mean my AOR is coming soon and that my application won't be sent back? Or is there still a chance they'll send my application back to me?

Thanks in advance for your help!
The 'submitted' date is the date that you linked the CIC online account to the application. Apparently this date is not relevant for the application., the date received (13 June) is the key date. I believe that if you can link it then you should receive AOR and won't be sent back.

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
Sorry I hardly come into the forums lately as my wife and I are pretty much done with everything (timeline in the signature). Next for us is to wait for AIP/SA/DM and landing appt. I'm seeing some of y'all are getting DM earlier than 12 months like around 10-11 mths. I hope that's the case for us come Oct or Nov! Congrats to those receiving landing appt and PR card. Once my wife gets her PR card likely around Dec/Jan, we'll book flight tickets to her home state to bring in the rest of her stuff (road trip to Canada from southern Louisiana) next year by late Spring. We've started saving $$ for the "trip" (suv rental, flight tickets, etc.) She misses her sister and friends very much. I promised her that we'd visit her home area at least once a year and she was very happy with that.

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Sorry I hardly come into the forums lately as my wife and I are pretty much done with everything (timeline in the signature). Next for us is to wait for AIP/SA/DM and landing appt. I'm seeing some of y'all are getting DM earlier than 12 months like around 10-11 mths. I hope that's the case for us come Oct or Nov! Congrats to those receiving landing appt and PR card. Once my wife gets her PR card likely around Dec/Jan, we'll book flight tickets to her home state to bring in the rest of her stuff (road trip to Canada from southern Louisiana) next year by late Spring. We've started saving $$ for the "trip" (suv rental, flight tickets, etc.) She misses her sister and friends very much. I promised her that we'd visit her home area at least once a year and she was very happy with that.
Hello, thank you for your post and update!
Please let us know if your wife had any problems getting a job with the OWP with restrictions, or did she get a job after flagpoling to obtain OWP without restrictions.
I currently have an OWP with restrictions (waiting for CIC to request Med exam) and have started looking for jobs, but I am in the health field and will have to apply for positions that don't entail patient contact, for now, until I can remove restrictions down the road, after I pass my Med Exam.

Thank you again for sharing and and it is great to hear that you and others are well on their way toward permanent residency status!

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
Hello, thank you for your post and update!
Please let us know if your wife had any problems getting a job with the OWP with restrictions, or did she get a job after flagpoling to obtain OWP without restrictions.
I currently have an OWP with restrictions (waiting for CIC to request Med exam) and have started looking for jobs, but I am in the health field and will have to apply for positions that don't entail patient contact, for now, until I can remove restrictions down the road, after I pass my Med Exam.

Thank you again for sharing and it is great to hear that you and others are well on their way toward permanent residency status!
My wife found a job easily on OWP with restrictions, but that job is temporary as she hates it until she finds work (in the healthcare field as her preferred career) as she now has OWP without restrictions.

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
My wife found a job easily on OWP with restrictions, but that job is temporary as she hates it until she finds work (in the healthcare field as her preferred career) as she now has OWP without restrictions.
Hello, sounds encouraging to know that your wife was able to find a job right away with the OWP. Fingers crossed, I hope that my job-seeking journey and everyone else's in the same situation, is short and without too many bumps on the road.
Best to you :)

i_adrianes

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
linked my account to cic. one question, do they send you an email if they need any additional documents from me? whats the next step?

BrasilCan

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
loop hole in the OWP system?

Hello all,
there has been some talk on the June forum about cutting the OWP time in half and I wanted to see if anyone has tried it. We just received our AOR last week and are in the processing of linking our OWP which was sent together.
Birdies are claiming that if you apply for the OWP a second time (online) after you have received your AOR and linked your application successfully, you receive it in 5 weeks. After that, they say you can simply withdraw your paper OWP application. I am wondering if anyone on this forum as tried this. Though we are ecstatic about our AOR coming in, the prospect of my husband returning to work sooner is very appealing to us...

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
linked my account to cic. one question, do they send you an email if they need any additional documents from me? whats the next step?
They will send you requests through your MyCIC. You will also be notified of these by email.

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
loop hole in the OWP system?

Hello all,
there has been some talk on the June forum about cutting the OWP time in half and I wanted to see if anyone has tried it. We just received our AOR last week and are in the processing of linking our OWP which was sent together.
Birdies are claiming that if you apply for the OWP a second time (online) after you have received your AOR and linked your application successfully, you receive it in 5 weeks. After that, they say you can simply withdraw your paper OWP application. I am wondering if anyone on this forum as tried this. Though we are ecstatic about our AOR coming in, the prospect of my husband returning to work sooner is very appealing to us...
Online applications are always faster.

diamant10

Star Member
Jun 21, 2018
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-06-2018
AOR Received.
02-08-2018
Use the UCI number and applicant last name. it should works. Also which day you got the file number? if just now, you have to wait 5 days then could be link your OWP account.
GOT OUR AOR LAST THURSDAY, WHEN SHOULD WE TRY TO LINK THE OWP AS TODAY WAS AN ALBERTA HOLIDAY?

Diana2018

May 9, 2018
Mississauga
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-03-2018
I know this is stressful, but it will turn out to be great, hanging in there! Tell us the good news when you get any.
Hi, sorry it have been a while... We did finally call CIC, she told us our application is there but at the same time she don't see any notification at the computer, she gave us our application number but we are not able to link the application with... till today we didn't got the AOR, but i got my OWP end of june... really weird... still no idea whats goin on and still waiting....

now that i have my OWP, i am right i do not need to extend my visitor visa anymore?

Mischa90

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
Hi, sorry it have been a while... We did finally call CIC, she told us our application is there but at the same time she don't see any notification at the computer, she gave us our application number but we are not able to link the application with... till today we didn't got the AOR, but i got my OWP end of june... really weird... still no idea whats goin on and still waiting....

now that i have my OWP, i am right i do not need to extend my visitor visa anymore?
No you don't have to extend your visa. You have status in Canada until the OWP expiration date. You can find that information in the document you received when your OWP was approved.
Did you receive your OWP in the mail yet?