+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

chinup

Apr 26, 2018
Hello,

So I received my AOR on July 13 and linked my application July 17, however I am still not able to link my OWP. Is anybody else having this issue or have any advise regarding this issue.

Omar2018

May 10, 2018
Hello,

I had a question. I just applied for my wife Sponsorship Inland. When I applied as the sponsor, my status was PR.

I have the AOR now, but before the AOR, my status has changed to citizen. Do I need to make any updates or communicate this change to CIC?

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Hello,

I had a question. I just applied for my wife Sponsorship Inland. When I applied as the sponsor, my status was PR.

I have the AOR now, but before the AOR, my status has changed to citizen. Do I need to make any updates or communicate this change to CIC?
Yes, you need to inform CIC that you are now citizen.

monicaC

Mar 26, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Hello,via
Please help me with answers to the following:

1) Has anyone with an OWP (and have been working or found a job) sent an update via IRCC webform or called CIC to let them know? Does providing CIC with this info help our application, or do applicants just keep this to themselves, or until they are asked for additional information? I know that if the sponsor changes jobs, etc, we have to update them, but was wondering if this applies to principal applicant as well.

2) I noticed that some members have posted that their Background Check status has changed early on in their application process (CIC online account). My Background Check status has been Not Applicable up until now, with no changes. Is this pretty standard for most of you?

Thank you in advance.

March 6th applicant
OWP received: June 22nd

In Regards to your 2nd question...

Our application has also said Not Applicable for background check.
Submitted March 28th
OWP: July 6th

elomam

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Montreal
Hello,via
Please help me with answers to the following:

1) Has anyone with an OWP (and have been working or found a job) sent an update via IRCC webform or called CIC to let them know? Does providing CIC with this info help our application, or do applicants just keep this to themselves, or until they are asked for additional information? I know that if the sponsor changes jobs, etc, we have to update them, but was wondering if this applies to principal applicant as well.

2) I noticed that some members have posted that their Background Check status has changed early on in their application process (CIC online account). My Background Check status has been Not Applicable up until now, with no changes. Is this pretty standard for most of you?

Thank you in advance.

March 6th applicant
OWP received: June 22nd
1) My spouse case was different as we applied for OWP later on during the process, and with the last correspondence received from IRCC (related to med results), it stated we need to inform them of any change of status in Canada along with a proof. So yesterday I sent a copy of my spouse's OWP via webform.
I guess in your case it won't harm the process to send it as well...
2) for my spouse application it changed around June 6th-7th, and we're Feb 2 applicants, so I guess it would start maybe very soon for you.

MEHA

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
22-June-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Hi Guys, Im a Jan 2018 Applicant. My husband is outside Canada. He today received free Pre Arrival Services letter on his account. Has anyone else received this?

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
In Regards to your 2nd question...

Our application has also said Not Applicable for background check.
Submitted March 28th
OWP: July 6th
Thank you for your reply. We have very similar timelines (March applicants) and so it makes me feel that it's okay if Background status is currently as Not Applicable.