Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Guys, A note to everybody.

Could you guys add your timeline in your signature so that it will be helpful for others to guess the timelines?

dapak14

Jun 22, 2018
My application got returned, I missed the signature on my OWP and translations of some documents. My visitor visa expired and I’m still waiting for the answer for my extension. Should I wait the answer or should I sent my application back asap?
Hi, may I ask what documents that was returned to you needed translation? Thanks.

Ldonasci

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
App. Filed.......
13-04-2017
Med's Request
03-10-2017
Hi everyone ! I have a question and I am getting really worried.

I applied for PR with my common law in Sept 2017. I didn't join an application for OWP at this time.

In June 2018 I sent an application to extend my OWP just in case I don't get my PR before the end of my current OWP (so I keep a legal status and can continue working) and I didn't realize I had to link it as well.

So I just linked right now my OWP to my CIC account and here is my question :

On the main page where I can see all the applications I submitted it says my OWP was submitted July 16 2018 (which is today, the day I linked my OWP). When I clicked to check my full application status it says date receive June 7 2018 (the date when I sent it).

What date am I supposed to start the 3-4 month of wait, date received (June 7) or date submitted (July 16) ?

I am really hoping that it is the date received. Does anyone know ?

Thank you in advance !!
HI, It is the day they received the application and not the day you linked your application online. So, don't worry

Also, I am in the same situation as you, but I can't link my application online, the app cannot be found. Did you use your UCI number from your sponsorship? any tips?

Thank you

Tommy66666

Jul 10, 2018
Hi everyone

I have received my AOR on 13th July and I was able to link my PR application on 14th July. However, for my OWP, i still couldn't link it to my account. Does that mean it's being returned? Also, is linking my OWP application to my account the only way to know my OWP processing status?

Thanks!

VITbman

Apr 26, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
28-11-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
09-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Coming soon
Hi everyone,

Joining you and follow this thread.

I've sent out my document on July 9, documents delivered in Mississauga on July 13th.

Ldonasci

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
App. Filed.......
13-04-2017
Med's Request
03-10-2017
We will be soon next Vivian! I’m April 26th now, after my OWP got returned.
NEW
Hey, how are you? I read your timeline for the sponsorship application. Just wondering cause you also had to resend the OWP after the PR. Did you manage to link your OWP app online on CIC? I sent my OWP a month ago and I am struggling with linking it online. My PR app was sent in April and is already linked online but my OWP is being a problem

Any tips may help. Thank you!

jsmithun

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
NEW
Hey, how are you? I read your timeline for the sponsorship application. Just wondering cause you also had to resend the OWP after the PR. Did you manage to link your OWP app online on CIC? I sent my OWP a month ago and I am struggling with linking it online. My PR app was sent in April and is already linked online but my OWP is being a problem

Any tips may help. Thank you!
Hi,

Please refer to this thread for tips to link OWP.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/2018-spousal-sponsorship-in-land-applications-timeline-and-updates.536517/page-19#post-6746237

I was able to link using UCI number (please use the UCI number that you see in your PR application) and family name in Caps.

Reactions: Moek90

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Hi everyone

I have received my AOR on 13th July and I was able to link my PR application on 14th July. However, for my OWP, i still couldn't link it to my account. Does that mean it's being returned? Also, is linking my OWP application to my account the only way to know my OWP processing status?

Thanks!
For OWP account, after 5 days you linked to your PR, then you will able to like it, so try it next week.

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
I still do not completely understand. I know that the work permit takes 3-3.5months from the date the application was received. My application was also returned and my dates are as follows. Will the work permit timeline be considered from the original submission date.

Original submission date : April 24th
Resubmission date: May 30th
AOR 1: July 13th
When can I expect the work permit to be approved? August or September?
I’m still not entirely sure but, considering my timeline, yours could come in as early as end of August. My OWP app was originally March 6th, so it was 4 months and 6 days, considering that date. My return date was April 26th, so considering that date it was way early, as in 2,5 months. Therefore my guesswork of it being placed to the bottom of the pile of my original application month. Anyway, have your expectations on end of September so you can only be happily surprised when it shows up earlier!

Reactions: Vivian-inland

Sasasa

Apr 3, 2018
Hi all,
Anyone here have travelled outside Canada during the process of inland sponsorship spouse application?

Cancuba

Jul 17, 2018
Cuba
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
nova scotia
Hello! I am a Canadian sponsoring my Cuban spouse. We have been married for more then 2 years but lived in Mexico for that time. He is in Cuba now though. I just sent in the application and in waiting!! Hoping I got everything right.
Question: Does anyone know about Mexican marriage certificates. We had ours photocopied and notarized in mexico but some people are telling us it needs apostillo... It's already sent but now we are bit concerned..

Also if anyone else is sponsoring a Cuban and has some updates on how the process is going I'd love to hear!

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Hello! I am a Canadian sponsoring my Cuban spouse. We have been married for more then 2 years but lived in Mexico for that time. He is in Cuba now though. I just sent in the application and in waiting!! Hoping I got everything right.
Question: Does anyone know about Mexican marriage certificates. We had ours photocopied and notarized in mexico but some people are telling us it needs apostillo... It's already sent but now we are bit concerned..

Also if anyone else is sponsoring a Cuban and has some updates on how the process is going I'd love to hear!
Hi, regarding your concerns about your Mexican marriage certificate as part of your application:
Once you determined your application package by entering what country your spouse being sponsored resides (Cuba), and select Mexico as the country that you need to submit documents, the results will tell you specifically the country specific requirements for Mexico official documents, such as your marriage certificate (please see below) [copied/pasted online search]:

Country specific requirements
Cuba - Additional forms for residents
  • There are no extra forms for this country.
Cuba – Instruction(s) for documents
  • If you hold a passport from this country, you and your family members included in the application must provide:
    • Your/their “solteria”, if unmarried.
  • If you are providing documents issued in/by Cuba, provide originals of all documents required by the document checklist. The documents will be returned to you after a decision has been made on your application. Reminder: If your documents are not in English or French, provide a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the originals.
Mexico – Instruction(s) for documents
  • Official documents issued by this country must be government-certified true copies (copies certified as authentic by the issuing governmental authority, signed and sealed).
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html

I am not sponsoring a Cuban spouse, nor do I have Mexican documents to submit, but I believe that if you did follow the above instructions as per CIC, your application should be okay.
Best to you.

Reactions: Moek90

Cancuba

Jul 17, 2018
Cuba
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
nova scotia
Hi, regarding your concerns about your Mexican marriage certificate as part of your application:
Once you determined your application package by entering what country your spouse being sponsored resides (Cuba), and select Mexico as the country that you need to submit documents, the results will tell you specifically the country specific requirements for Mexico official documents, such as your marriage certificate (please see below) [copied/pasted online search]:

Country specific requirements
Cuba - Additional forms for residents
  • There are no extra forms for this country.
Cuba – Instruction(s) for documents
  • If you hold a passport from this country, you and your family members included in the application must provide:
    • Your/their “solteria”, if unmarried.
  • If you are providing documents issued in/by Cuba, provide originals of all documents required by the document checklist. The documents will be returned to you after a decision has been made on your application. Reminder: If your documents are not in English or French, provide a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the originals.
Mexico – Instruction(s) for documents
  • Official documents issued by this country must be government-certified true copies (copies certified as authentic by the issuing governmental authority, signed and sealed).
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html

I am not sponsoring a Cuban spouse, nor do I have Mexican documents to submit, but I believe that if you did follow the above instructions as per CIC, your application should be okay.
Best to you.
Thank you for your reply - Yes we did ... well we think we did! We had a notary make certified copy and notarized them

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018

My guessing you should be out-land applicant if your spouse lives in Cuba.