+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Hi there,

Any March applicants who got OWP approved? Our application was received on March 15 but we haven't heard back from CIC.

Thanks,
Hi, I'm a March applicant. My OWP was approved online on June 22nd. I'm waiting for actual permit to arrive by mail. Been checking daily! :) You will be seeing your approval soon, fingers crossed!

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
My husband just got medical request today. Yay one step closer to getting PR!
Hello!
I applied for PR and OWP (I'm principal applicant) on March 6th and my OWP was approved on June 22nd. I was wondering what other updates/items happen between the period of getting our OWP approved and getting a medical exam request... does our background check happen during this interim or does it happen after the medical exam request?
Also, what happens right after we get the medical exam completed and is "passed"?

Thank you for anyone that may provide input!

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
—-

I did before today - no luck.
With the application number and UCI they provided when informing me about the OWP approval, I tried to link my application online, but no luck as well. I’ll tryagain tomorrow.
What are you trying to link, your PR app, or your OWP app?

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
Hi, I'm a March applicant. My OWP was approved online on June 22nd. I'm waiting for actual permit to arrive by mail. Been checking daily! :) You will be seeing your approval soon, fingers crossed!
3 1/2 months for the OWP approvals, the pace is going up by some CIC agents!!

softgothk

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Hello!
I applied for PR and OWP (I'm principal applicant) on March 6th and my OWP was approved on June 22nd. I was wondering what other updates/items happen between the period of getting our OWP approved and getting a medical exam request... does our background check happen during this interim or does it happen after the medical exam request?
Also, what happens right after we get the medical exam completed and is "passed"?

Thank you for anyone that may provide input!
Hello, there was only one update after he got OWP, saying that the background check is in process now. Nothing else. It seems that the check is still ongoing as that line stays the same after he received medical request message.

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Hello, there was only one update after he got OWP, saying that the background check is in process now. Nothing else. It seems that the check is still ongoing as that line stays the same after he received medical request message.
Thank you for your reply. It gives me an idea of what to expect, going forward.

Reactions: softgothk

jsmithun

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Hi Everyone,

It's so good to see everyone posting their experiences. This helps others to know what to expect and will keep us calm too
. Please keep doing what you are doing.

My wife is a Canadian and I applied for PR and OWP on April 24,2018.
On May 29th the application was returned due to signature missing in the background form. The lawyer who prepared my file told that this was an electronically signed form and no signature is required. But looks like it's not correct and I had to sign this form and send the application back which I did the same day.
It's been a month since I mailed the package again and my spouse havent recieved any email with AOR yet.

Can you please suggest/give advice based on your experiences

1. When can AOR be expected in mail. It's already 30 days since the application was re-sent (May 29th)

2. Would it take 3.5 months from the time the application was re-sent or can I expect the OWP approval to come little early (Considering that the application and the fees were originally submitted in April itself)

Thanks again for all your suggestions and help.

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hi Everyone,

It's so good to see everyone posting their experiences. This helps others to know what to expect and will keep us calm too
. Please keep doing what you are doing.

My wife is a Canadian and I applied for PR and OWP on April 24,2018.
On May 29th the application was returned due to signature missing in the background form. The lawyer who prepared my file told that this was an electronically signed form and no signature is required. But looks like it's not correct and I had to sign this form and send the application back which I did the same day.
It's been a month since I mailed the package again and my spouse havent recieved any email with AOR yet.

Can you please suggest/give advice based on your experiences

1. When can AOR be expected in mail. It's already 30 days since the application was re-sent (May 29th)

2. Would it take 3.5 months from the time the application was re-sent or can I expect the OWP approval to come little early (Considering that the application and the fees were originally submitted in April itself)

Thanks again for all your suggestions and help.
1. Expected time for AOR is 6-8 weeks from the day your app is received.

2. Unfortunately, once your app gets returned, it goes back at the bottom of the pile.

I honestly hate it that there are a lot of you who were advised wrongly by their expensive lawyers. Anywaaay, just make sure you have read the guide and when you guys have your AOR, be updated. Seek the forum when you encounter a problem. People here are very helpful.

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018

2. Unfortunately, once your app gets returned, it goes back at the bottom of the pile.

I honestly hate it that there are a lot of you who were advised wrongly by their expensive lawyers. Anywaaay, just make sure you have read the guide and when you guys have your AOR, be updated. Seek the forum when you encounter a problem. People here are very helpful.

In addition to the answer above for #1:

Please consider that since you have a representative (lawyer), he/she may perhaps be receiving the AOR letter via email (his/her email), instead of you/your spouse.

jsmithun

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018

Thanks for the response. I kind of expected this to happen. It's just annoying that after paying so much money to these kind of lawyers, still I ended up in this situation.
I wanted to let everyone know that please do double check and read the checklist before sending the application and don't blindly depend on these highly paid useless lawyers.

Reactions: iamvenus