+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

jsmithun

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
In addition to the answer above for #1:
Please consider that since you have a representative (lawyer), he/she may perhaps be receiving the AOR letter via email (his/her email), instead of you/your spouse.
Hi, thanks for replying. The lawyer's name/email ID was no where mentioned in any of the forms. He only assisted in letting me know what documents are required and putting together the file.

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
I need some help! I’m being sponsored for PR, I have linked my application online for my part! But my how do I link the sponsor application? I don’t know if he’s been approved as a sponsor or anything! We sent the application in on March 2nd! I still haven’t received my OWP and I sent my police checks and schedule A in on March 28th.
Looks like they're getting to early March applicants for the OWP, so you can keep following this forum to have an estimate of when to expect yours. As for the sponsor, you can't link on CIC. You can track the sponsor side of the application on ECAS. Google ecas, use the first link and enter Sponsor's information and you can see the details there, but SA is one of the last steps of the process.

jsmithun

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Hello everyone,

I have a doubt regarding inline spousal sponsorship. I am an Indian and my wife is a Canadian cirizen and we are married for 3 years staying in US. We decided to move to Toronto as we wanted to have the baby in Canada.

We had applied for inline spousal sponsorship and OWP on April 24th.
My doubt is that , my wife wasn't working in Canada. When I checked online, it was mentioned that for spousal sponsorship no income is required. Just wanted to confirm if it's true and that if anyone is aware of such approvals.

Thanks again for your help

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hello everyone,

I have a doubt regarding inline spousal sponsorship. I am an Indian and my wife is a Canadian cirizen and we are married for 3 years staying in US. We decided to move to Toronto as we wanted to have the baby in Canada.

We had applied for inline spousal sponsorship and OWP on April 24th.
My doubt is that , my wife wasn't working in Canada. When I checked online, it was mentioned that for spousal sponsorship no income is required. Just wanted to confirm if it's true and that if anyone is aware of such approvals.

Thanks again for your help
Income isn't required. However, your sponsor signed an undertaking that she is financially responsible for you for 3 years.

Reactions: jsmithun

Sasasa

Apr 3, 2018
Hi all,
Any end of March applicants got their work permit yet? or got any news?
I applied on March 29 but still haven't receive my work permit or request police certificate

Aries69

Oct 24, 2015
New
After getting PR card by applicant , if applicant & sponsor(Canadian Citizen) start living together outside Canada , Does the time which they spend together outside Canada count or not in order to maintain time requirement of 3 years for citizenship?

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
New
After getting PR card by applicant , if applicant & sponsor(Canadian Citizen) start living together outside Canada , Does the time which they spend together outside Canada count or not in order to maintain time requirement of 3 years for citizenship?
Hi, based on this cic website (https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/resCalcStartNew.do), I think that the days/years living outside of Canada can't be counted towards meeting the physical presence requirements.

Hope this helps.

jsmithun

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Hi all,

I have a doubt regarding travel during PR process. I have applied for inland spousal PR application and OWP on May 29th and waiting for AOR. Me and my wife have a plan to go to India in Oct for 15-20 days. Wanted to know if this trip will affect my PR process or not. Thanks for your suggestions.

Aussiecandads

May 1, 2018
Looks like they're getting to early March applicants for the OWP, so you can keep following this forum to have an estimate of when to expect yours. As for the sponsor, you can't link on CIC. You can track the sponsor side of the application on ECAS. Google ecas, use the first link and enter Sponsor's information and you can see the details there, but SA is one of the last steps of the process.
I was also told because we are only common law that the process will take a lot longer than if we were married! I looked online today and his application as a sponsor is still in progress!

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
hi, may I know how did you receive your owp? any email sent to you? or any update post on your online account?
Hi, I can provide an answer to your question.
I initially received an email message that I had a new message in my CIC online account. I looked online and I was approved for my OWP in my CIC online account. The actual OWP was sent to me via regular mail about a week after the online approval update.

I did check the status of my OWP on CIC online daily to ensure that I wouldn't miss any updates, but that was just me.

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
I was also told because we are only common law that the process will take a lot longer than if we were married! I looked online today and his application as a sponsor is still in progress!
Hi I don’t think there will be a time difference if u r married or common law . One of my friend was in common law and he landed 4 June he done almost 10 months . While timings is 12 month .