+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Selene_Underworld

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
You have never received an AOR? Have you checked your junk mail? How were you able to link your application? You should probably phone CIC about it. Sponsor Approval takes a long time. Almost at the end of the process. Some people would not even receive it.

You can always apply for your son's TRV but the approval rate for that, when someone applied for PR, is very low. You can try, though.
—-
I was trying to call CIC with no suceed. Checked junk mail from both my and my husband’s mailboxes ... But I just got the confirmation for the OWP, and I am about to link my application now.

So as I got the OWP, does that mean my application is in the process? OWP is a different matter?

Yes I heard the rate for TRV for my son is low, just hope with a job and the application in process it would be easier. It’s hard to be away from children you know.

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
—-
I was trying to call CIC with no suceed. Checked junk mail from both my and my husband’s mailboxes ... But I just got the confirmation for the OWP, and I am about to link my application now.

So as I got the OWP, does that mean my application is in the process? OWP is a different matter?

Yes I heard the rate for TRV for my son is low, just hope with a job and the application in process it would be easier. It’s hard to be away from children you know.
Yes, it's really difficult to get hold of them. I usually call them before they close and I keep redialling and it would work.

It should be in process because they processed your OWP but then again, you should have your AOR. Do you have a representative?

I definitely know how that feels. Try to apply, you might get lucky.

Selene_Underworld

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Yes, it's really difficult to get hold of them. I usually call them before they close and I keep redialling and it would work.

It should be in process because they processed your OWP but then again, you should have your AOR. Do you have a representative?

I definitely know how that feels. Try to apply, you might get lucky.
—-

I don’t have a representative. I just tried to link my application online using the UCI and application number they provided, but the system still said “the application number does not match the category you selected” - how come???

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
—-

I don’t have a representative. I just tried to link my application online using the UCI and application number they provided, but the system still said “the application number does not match the category you selected” - how come???
There a few posts here on how to link the application. You should be able find it using the Search in this forum.

Reactions: Selene_Underworld

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
I need some help! I’m being sponsored for PR, I have linked my application online for my part! But my how do I link the sponsor application? I don’t know if he’s been approved as a sponsor or anything! We sent the application in on March 2nd! I still haven’t received my OWP and I sent my police checks and schedule A in on March 28th.
Sponsor approval isn’t until later in the process, after the med request. With your OWP you’re still within the 4 months processing time. When it exceeds that, it’s time to call cic and put some pressure on them!

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
Hello everybody,
Thank you all very much for replying me along since I first posted my concern.

It’s been 3.5 months since my application was delivered to IRCC and I never receive any AOR or notice that my common-law partner is approved to be eligible as the sponsor. However, I got an email from IRCC today saying an OWP is granted! Yay!

Now, I’m wondering if it means my application is complete (has all the documents needed) and my sponsor is eligible?

Also, provided I get a job soon, then is it possible for me to bring my son over? My son is in the application as well as my dependent.

Again, thank you for your time and support!

Selene
Have you checked in ECAS?

jawedi

Apr 25, 2018
Hi there,

Any March applicants who got OWP approved? Our application was received on March 15 but we haven't heard back from CIC.

Thanks,

Reetypd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hi guys.
Just resent our application (this time with tracking and signature required) today. Likely won’t be received before the 3 or 4th of July.
Added the required document plus there are now updated forms - updated checklist plus updated open work permit application form.
Fingers crossed that this time they accept it and there isn’t any mistake - every day where my husband isn’t able to work is costing us !!
Wishing you all good luck as well.