Nirkotar

May 22, 2018
India
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
05-09-2018
W
Hi, unfortunately, you would need to have the upfront medical exam done prior to the submission of your OWP but there were lucky ones who were able to get an OWP without restrictions. If ever your OWP has restrictions, you can do an upfront medical exam and flagpole to the nearest border. In my case, I also needed an unrestricted OWP but have decided to wait for the medical exam than do an upfront one. I just finished my medical exam last Friday and we are planning to flagpole next month once I see a PASS on my medical exam.
Hello thanks for sharing but when did you apply ?

CanIndo1111

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
Has anyone received any updates regarding may 2018 application for spouse open work permit..please share
hi @Nirkotar , i'm May 16 applicant I'm still waiting for my AOR, hopefully coming soon this week. I heard the OWP will take 3-4 months to process. so for May Applicants, they will receive the news in August/Septmber. did you receive AOR? when your application being received by cic?

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Hi, unfortunately, you would need to have the upfront medical exam done prior to the submission of your OWP but there were lucky ones who were able to get an OWP without restrictions. If ever your OWP has restrictions, you can do an upfront medical exam and flagpole to the nearest border. In my case, I also needed an unrestricted OWP but have decided to wait for the medical exam than do an upfront one. I just finished my medical exam last Friday and we are planning to flagpole next month once I see a PASS on my medical exam.
Thank you for your response!

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Hi Iamvenus,
I think I may also do a medical exam up front. Sounds like a good idea.
Please let me know where you found the medical exam form online so that I may download it and bring it with me to see the physician.
Thank you! :)

Omar2018

May 10, 2018
Every inland visitor applicant is in the same situation.

Some things you can do:

• Make her a beneficiary of your insurance
  • Give her supplementary cards to your bank accounts
  • Add her to property titles if you own any property
  • At least in Alberta, visitors can get Alberta Healthcare coverage based on being married to a citizen or PR so do that and send in that documentation (if possible in Ontario)
  • Add her to a family phone plan
  • Put her name on any utility bills you can (you can't make it into actual joint bills, but for Epcor I believe, we managed to put both our names in the address field so the bills are addressed to us both at our address)
Basically, think outside the box. Anywhere that you can put her name and declare her as your spouse, do it. No matter how silly it may seem.

We did all of the above and we additionally sent in any official looking mail I (principal applicant) received at our home address. For example, when I received my healthcare card, my supplementary credit card from the bank, stuff like that. I scanned those letters addressed to me and sent them in as well.

On a separate sheet you can explain that you couldn't do some of the more usual things because she's a visitor, but obviously you did as much as you could (e.g. couldn't open a joint bank account, but added her as a supplementary user on your account instead, etc).
Thanks for the info. I have added her my beneficiary for my life insurance. But all I can have is a screen shot my online account. There is no official letter from the insurance company. Is that acceptable?

I was able to open a ch account in her name as well as add here to my accounts and credit cards. The only issue i have is all that was done just a few days back so there is not much activity or a monthly statement. I can print the account activity online. Is CIC open to that.

Omar2018

May 10, 2018
For the OWP 5710 form under the employment section, they ask for 10 years of employment history. However, my wife has never worked. but the form wont validate unless I put somethign there. Should I just go ahead and put unemployed (student) in there.

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hi Iamvenus,
I think I may also do a medical exam up front. Sounds like a good idea.
Please let me know where you found the medical exam form online so that I may download it and bring it with me to see the physician.
Thank you! :)
They sent me a medical request for the Spousal Sponsorship. To do an upfront medical exam, I think you just book an appointment with any designated physicians near you. Tell them you're doing an upfront medical exam and ask what they need from you.

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
thank you to all who offered help and advice! we have sent our application today! to @iamvenus thank you so much!!! crossing our fingers and praying for a wonderful outcome!
You are very welcome. ;) This forum is a looot of help. I wish you good luck and hope for the best! Update us on your application. The waiting game is on! Haha o_O

takz

Star Member
May 28, 2015
All,

I recieved my OWP papers today. However I could not find any SIN number on papers and I wonder how can I get my SIN number?

Reactions: softgothk

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
All,

I recieved my OWP papers today. However I could not find any SIN number on papers and I wonder how can I get my SIN number?
You will have to visit Service Canada for that. Bring your permit and passport.

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
That's correct! And if that one is rejected (hopefully not), you will still be in status with your pending OWP.
Seriously? So let's say, if this one is rejected, I would still be in status, because my pending OWP is still going? Even though that one was send in after my previous visa had ran out... So, because I send in the visitor visa extension, it actually gave me iimplied status at the time of getting my OWP returned.....is that right?? I think I'm starting to get it now haha