+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

pavanvulli

Star Member
May 11, 2018
My OWP was approved in CIC and I received the confirmation letter in my messages.

Timeline:

Submitted OWP and PR on Feb 6th
OWP returned due to insufficient fees - resubmitted to Vegreville on March 16th
OWP "in review" in CIC on June 6th
OWP approval in CIC on June 8th
OWP approval letter in messages on June 9th
Congratulations.....

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
Lol normal processing time not official processing time. And somebody once told me to select wp extension new employer for owp.it currently shows 110 days which matches wat most applicants are waiting for before getting owp ..3.5 months .. *shrug*..i also sent a case specific inquiry 2 days before i got approval stating that your processing time is 110 days and my app has exceeded that time :D
I think I may have to inquire...

xHinax

Apr 6, 2018
Canada
Hey guys! Got an update on my account! Here's my timeline!

December 13th 2017 - App Recieved.
AOR (for me AND sponsor) - January 22 2018
PCC Request - Jan 26th 2018
PCC Uploaded - Feb 13th 2018
Background check running - June 12th 2018
Med and Schedule A request - June 12th 2018

Review of eligibility - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results - We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details.
Review of additional documents - We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
Interview -You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

My medical request is finally here! They should be rolling out for people with my kind of timeline (or near) as well. Just wanted to keep you updated, and on your toes!

kapoor619

Star Member
Feb 10, 2013
Hey Guys!

Here's my timeline!

May 04, 2018 - App Received (In land application)
June 09, 2018 - AOR

I already linked my PR application but unable to link OWP application.

Could you please advise what option do I need to select from drop down list.

Many Thanks

Jasamar

May 8, 2018
Hi

I have mailed on 3 may and received on 4 may since then I am waiting for my update for AOR
Hi

I have mailed same day... I did not received AOR but i checked online status it shows in process since 11 june...pls check d same using UCI number... can anybody help me ..if I have not received AOR... den how to link my account...???

And I have applied for OWP so no update on dat also..!!

Jasamar

May 8, 2018
Hey Guys!

Here's my timeline!

May 04, 2018 - App Received (In land application)
June 09, 2018 - AOR

I already linked my PR application but unable to link OWP application.

Could you please advise what option do I need to select from drop down list.

Many Thanks
Hi I dint got AOR but application status shows in process.. how to connect account den???

Jasamar

May 8, 2018
HI you can link your account with UCI no.

Hi, thanks for quick reply.. but that will be my sponsors UCI number... how can I link it with my OWP aplication and moreover there is 1 more trouble my spouse has earlier ID at immigration site which we are unable to access as we lost the password and unable to retrieve also.. so we were relying on CIC mail for AOR(which we did not received)to my mail(applicant) so that we can link it to new account.

By the way what are the details we receive in AOR mail from CIC.

therock

Apr 14, 2015
Hey guys,

I applied for my PR under the Spousal In-Canada class on Jan 5, 2018. Since then about 5 weeks later, I was asked to submit my police clearance certificates which I did submit in March.
However, i havent heard anything back from IRCC ever since.

I keep checking online for the status, yet it states " your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility."

It's been the same status for the last 4 months now, and it's been 6 months since I applied. I have the following questions:

Could anyone pls tell me if this is normal ?
What the next steps would be ?
And how long till the medical is requested?

Any help/ information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
OWP was approved! Feb 6 is our application date :D

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Hey guys,

I applied for my PR under the Spousal In-Canada class on Jan 5, 2018. Since then about 5 weeks later, I was asked to submit my police clearance certificates which I did submit in March.
However, i havent heard anything back from IRCC ever since.

I keep checking online for the status, yet it states " your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility."

It's been the same status for the last 4 months now, and it's been 6 months since I applied. I have the following questions:

Could anyone pls tell me if this is normal ?
What the next steps would be ?
And how long till the medical is requested?

Any help/ information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Did you also apply for an OWP?

If not, nothing seems out of the ordinary. A mid December applicant posted above saying they got a medical request so that could happen for you in about a month. Though I also wouldn't be surprised if it took longer since that step seems to take 6-8 months depending on the case. Then about a month or so before PR approval you'll get sponsor approval and that's about it, I think. Average is 12 months for inland processing, and most of that time is spent without any updates.

therock

Apr 14, 2015
Did you also apply for an OWP?

If not, nothing seems out of the ordinary. A mid December applicant posted above saying they got a medical request so that could happen for you in about a month. Though I also wouldn't be surprised if it took longer since that step seems to take 6-8 months depending on the case. Then about a month or so before PR approval you'll get sponsor approval and that's about it, I think. Average is 12 months for inland processing, and most of that time is spent without any updates.
Thanks for the reply. I'm already on my OWP, so dont need another yet.

Together

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Hey wont the lawyer give you the update? Do u have the OWP file number? If you do you can call the helpline and ask for an update :)
Sorry, I didn't see any references that state that applying for a different status gives you an implied status. There was only a statement by one member who kind of quoted something, without giving a reference for that:
Bottom line:
It says there, in bold letters, IF YOU APPLIED FOR A DIFFERENT PERMIT.
In previous posts there were no links with this sentence. I really want to see the source. Please, give me the link.

Calling is not an option, as call agents are not qualified at all and they often give opposite answers. Moreover, there is no way to prove that they really said something, if IRCC questions your status.
Now, about people's stories. I totally understand that there might be successful stories, but this is not a proof that these people really had implied status. The reason that people were ok is just someone who is being sponsored under family class cannot be deported (unless there are grounds to reject PR application). So, IRCC preferred to shut eyes to that people being out of status. However, this changes nothing from the legal point of view.

btis

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Hey guys! Got an update on my account! Here's my timeline!

December 13th 2017 - App Recieved.
AOR (for me AND sponsor) - January 22 2018
PCC Request - Jan 26th 2018
PCC Uploaded - Feb 13th 2018
Background check running - June 12th 2018
Med and Schedule A request - June 12th 2018

Review of eligibility - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results - We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details.
Review of additional documents - We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
Interview -You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

My medical request is finally here! They should be rolling out for people with my kind of timeline (or near) as well. Just wanted to keep you updated, and on your toes!
That makes me soooo happy.. So many people from Dec getting their medicals. Yay!!
I'm almost there. Dec 18 here ;)

Reactions: CdnwifeUSwife