Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
Hello. I am a Canada PR and recently married (in Feb 2018). I am an Indian national and my Spouse is a Vietnam national. I need to apply for her PR Sponsorship as a spouse. Can I have her apply for a Visitor Visa first (TRV) and then apply for her PR as an inland applicant ? If I can do this - how long should her stay be indicated in her Visitor Visa application ? 6 months or can it be more ? Please advise. Thanks!

i_adrianes

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
@iamvenus heeeeey! i just want to say thank you. we have paid the fees for the application. $1040 plus $255 and $200 for the restoration. i hope this goes okay with IRCC. we will be sending our application tomorrow afternoon or wednesday morning for sure. thank you so much again for all your help!

i_adrianes

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
@iamvenus heeeeey! i just want to say thank you. we have paid the fees for the application. $1040 plus $255 and $200 for the restoration. i hope this goes okay with IRCC. we will be sending our application tomorrow afternoon or wednesday morning for sure. thank you so much again for all your help!
do you think what i did is okay?

sandhu2012

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Guys, I would really appreciate if you help me here..
I have no idea about how spousal sponsorship works and time it takes at different stages..
On behalf of my brother i want to know how much time does it take to get the VISA after medical are submitted..
He filed his application in May and last week got the application number.. also the status shows that "sponsorship application status - Decision Made"
"Permanent Residence application status - In process"

How much time will it take to get VISA..

Thanks

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
Guys, I would really appreciate if you help me here..
I have no idea about how spousal sponsorship works and time it takes at different stages..
On behalf of my brother i want to know how much time does it take to get the VISA after medical are submitted..
He filed his application in May and last week got the application number.. also the status shows that "sponsorship application status - Decision Made"
"Permanent Residence application status - In process"

How much time will it take to get VISA..

Thanks
Did he apply Outland or Inland? For Inland, the Medicals usually come around the 6 month mark. For Outland it all depends on where you are applying from. For both Inland and Outland, PR is usually received on or before 12 months (unless the case is not straightforward).

Reactions: CdnwifeUSwife

takz

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Folks,

I just talked with Immigration center agent , and asked about my OWP.

As I mentioned below, it has been 4 months and I did not still hear anything. She told me that ,she will send an email for my case immediately to remind them about late application. and she said this " I'm not saying this will take 3 months but you should wait to application get processed'' !!!!!

WTF, I'm already waited 4 months and how much longer should I wait?

Any idea, What should I do and Why do you think it has not been processed since then?

Thank you guys.

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
do you think what i did is okay?
Before mailing your applications out, give it a quick (or not) check. Be a little crazy. Hahaha! I hope it works out for you! This forum is a lot of help. Now all you can do is wait, which is really painful.

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Folks,

As I mentioned below, it has been 4 months and I did not still hear anything. She told me that ,she will send an email for my case immediately to remind them about late application. and she said this " I'm not saying this will take 3 months but you should wait to application get processed'' !!!!!

Any idea, What should I do and Why do you think it has not been processed since then?

Thank you guys.
Can't say but usually when the officer receives the email to bump your file, it shouldn't be a longer wait now. I was in a similar situation twice when I was still on a study permit. My application kept exceeding processing times and after phoning them, I would receive the decision within the week. I hooope it's the same for the work permits.

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
Folks,

Thank you guys.
How long did it take you to get hold of them?

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
about half an hour.
I think I may have to do the same thing...Feb 6 and still nothing. We tried asking our lawyer and they said to wait till the 5 month mark...

takz

Star Member
May 28, 2015
I think I may have to do the same thing...Feb 6 and still nothing. We tried asking our lawyer and they said to wait till the 5 month mark...
Try it for sure, at least they will guide you how to get more detailed information. Lawyers could be lazy sometimes.

Redzie

Feb 11, 2018
Tbh your lawyer seems like a pain..5 month mark? Then he will say wait 6 month mark..it clearly stated on CIC site to send them an inquiry if ur app exceeds normal processing time :O

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
Tbh your lawyer seems like a pain..5 month mark? Then he will say wait 6 month mark..it clearly stated on CIC site to send them an inquiry if ur app exceeds normal processing time :O
Honestly, so far, this is the only hiccup with them. Is there a document that says that the normal processing time is 4 months? Cause if there is I would love to bring it up with the lawyer. :p

Redzie

Feb 11, 2018
Lol normal processing time not official processing time. And somebody once told me to select wp extension new employer for owp.it currently shows 110 days which matches wat most applicants are waiting for before getting owp ..3.5 months .. *shrug*..i also sent a case specific inquiry 2 days before i got approval stating that your processing time is 110 days and my app has exceeded that time :D