+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

pavanvulli

Star Member
May 11, 2018
Judging by the current speed, you can get confirm of receiving your application 4 weeks to 6 weeks from now. Until then, you would not have a file number or UCI number to speak with a COC rep. OWP takes 4 months normally.
Thank you so much for your help...:)

pavanvulli

Star Member
May 11, 2018
You can extend your stay in Canada by applying for Extension before 1month of your 6 months completion i.e. July 5th. You can continue to stay in Implied status till your decision in made by CIC . If they approve your request you can stay for 6 more months on visitor visa.

Please refer to this link for more info :

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1016&top=16&_ga=2.57175082.1649919956.1526069224-1049105331.1505423742
Thank you Yeshwanth.....:)

Ldonasci

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
App. Filed.......
13-04-2017
Med's Request
03-10-2017
Hello. Just wanted to share again. Even though my case is a little bit different since I am a current student and didn't apply for the OWP with my application. I did send an SP extension along with an OWP, as soon as I received the AOR, through MyCic and it got approved last April 20.
I am in the same situation as you were, how did you apply for your open work permit online after sending the sponsorship application by paper? What was the online category you selected to apply for the OWP. I first sent my sponsorship application without the work permit request but now I need to get the OWP but I don't know if I can make it online or by paper only.

Pedfiguera

May 13, 2018
Hi everyone ! I’ll be applying through the spousal spons. Inland family class. I have already a work permit, however, it expires next September 6th. I’m very worried about it since I heard the timing for the open work permit is 4 months. I would really appreciate if somebody here can share his/her experience about the wating time for the OWP. How long does it take ? I’m afraid of going over my current work permit and being without status for a month, I want to keep myself working to pay my bills here . We are planning on submitting the application for the sponsorship on May the23 rd, unfortunately we cannot do it earlier because of some documents we are still missing. So I feel in a tightrope, I’m not sure if with an implied status I’ll be able to work

Thanks in advance

Pedfiguera

May 13, 2018
everyone ! I’ll be applying through the spousal spons. Inland family class. I have already a work permit, however, it expires next September 6th. I’m very worried about it since I heard the timing for the open work permit is 4 months. I would really appreciate if somebody here can share his/her experience about the wating time for the OWP. How long does it take ? I’m afraid of going over my current work permit and being without status for a month, I want to keep myself working to pay my bills here . We are planning on submitting the application for the sponsorship on May the23 rd, unfortunately we cannot do it earlier because of some documents we are still missing. So I feel in a tightrope, I’m not sure if with an implied status I’ll be able to work

Thanks in advance

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
everyone ! I’ll be applying through the spousal spons. Inland family class. I have already a work permit, however, it expires next Septapplication.r’m very worried about it since I heard the timing for the open work permit is 4 months. I would really appreciate if somebody here can share his/her experience about the wating time for the OWP. How long does it take ? I’m afraid of going over my current work permit and being without status for a month, I want to keep myself working to pay my bills here . We are planning on submitting the application for the sponsorship on May the23 rd, unfortunately we cannot do it earlier because of some documents we are still missing. So I feel in a tightrope, I’m not sure if with an implied status I’ll be able to work

Thanks in advance
Yes you will be on implied status and you can work as per this quote from the CIC site:

"Submit your application before your current permit expires. You will be allowed to keep your status in Canada and keep working under the same conditions until a decision is made on your application."

From: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=185&top=17

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018
everyone ! I’ll be applying through the spousal spons. Inland family class. I have already a work permit, however, it expires next September 6th. I’m very worried about it since I heard the timing for the open work permit is 4 months. I would really appreciate if somebody here can share his/her experience about the wating time for the OWP. How long does it take ? I’m afraid of going over my current work permit and being without status for a month, I want to keep myself working to pay my bills here . We are planning on submitting the application for the sponsorship on May the23 rd, unfortunately we cannot do it earlier because of some documents we are still missing. So I feel in a tightrope, I’m not sure if with an implied status I’ll be able to work

Thanks in advance
This is a very common scenario with most of inland applicants .you are doing it right and can work in implied status even though your permit expires and you have submitted your file while you have valid stays.

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
We're the Dec 21st applicant. My wife got her OWP in April. I see in the 2017 thread that the Nov 2017 applicants are starting to receive their medical requests, so the Dec 2017 applicants will be receiving med requests soon likely next month. So exciting to know when something is coming!!

Xkillakittyx

May 14, 2018
Hi guys :)
So I sent my family sponsorship (common law) application along with my OWP on april 11th.
My sponsorship application was returned today due to an error made by myself, it's been corrected and resent.
My only concern is that my OWP application wasn't included in the package that was returned to me...
My current IEC expires June 24th, I know I'm cutting it close. I'm wondering if they started to process it anyway because of how urgent it is? Thats my wishful thinking anyway.
Does anyone else have any experience with this? Ive been trying to look it up but there arent many cases of this from what I can see, which is slightly worrying :)

Thanks

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I sent my family sponsorship (common law) application along with my OWP on april 11th.
My sponsorship application was returned today due to an error made by myself, it's been corrected and resent.
My only concern is that my OWP application wasn't included in the package that was returned to me...
My current IEC expires June 24th, I know I'm cutting it close. I'm wondering if they started to process it anyway because of how urgent it is? Thats my wishful thinking anyway.
Does anyone else have any experience with this? Ive been trying to look it up but there arent many cases of this from what I can see, which is slightly worrying :)

Thanks
What was the error?

Did you send owp with your application?

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thanks
I also think they have already started processing OWP. Good luck