+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

shortlass

May 9, 2018
When you try to link your account, the last question about how many applicants: put 2 there, if just you and your wife, not 1. That's the most confused part of these questions.
Hey Vivian - it looks like CIC's system couldn't find my application whenever I entered the UCI or any combination with the UCI. But I was able to link using MonicaC's steps with the Application Number instead of UCI.

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Hey Vivian - it looks like CIC's system couldn't find my application whenever I entered the UCI or any combination with the UCI. But I was able to link using MonicaC's steps with the Application Number instead of UCI.
Yes, you have application number already,which means use that would be the best.
Now you can check online time by time:)
Congrats!

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
Hey guys , just wondering if anyone with March AOR got their OWP approved ?

Thanks
Were still waiting too. Sent Feb 6 and recieved AoR March 4.

Reactions: Redzie

CanadaFuture93

Jul 23, 2017
Lloydminster
AOR Received.
27-11-2017
Med's Request
12-04-2018
Med's Done....
26-04-2018
I'm in Ontario and the doctor who performed my medical submitted everything for me. I had the first part of the exam and the x ray done in two different clinics and my results were received by CIC within a week. I uploaded the receipt form that my doctor gave me as proof of completion, but I don't think it was necessary to do so.
Thank you !! I passed my medical visit April 26 but the clinic still didn't send anything to cic.. I hope they will very soon. I will send to cic my form as well just in case because tomorrow is 30days since they requested my medical visit.

sg1991

Feb 2, 2016
My husband timeline is as follows:

PR APP Rec. with OWP - Feb 02
AOR Rec- Mar 01
SCH A req - Mar 22
SCH A sent - Apr 20
waiting for OWP now

pavanvulli

Star Member
May 11, 2018
Hello guys, firstly thank you for creating this invaluable website it really helps in times of need.
I have submitted my Inland Spousal Application on the 8th of May, it reached on the 9th of May 2018 I got confirmation from the Courier. I have also applied for Open Work Permit. I came here on a Visitor Visa and I will complete 6 months of stay in Canada on the 5th of August. I heard it takes a while for them to process the application. In case it takes longer can I extend my stay in Canada without Exiting the Country? I have a 10 year Visa with multiple entry but I don't want to leave the country and jeopardize my case.
Any idea by when do you all think I will get my File number and my Open Work Permit? My Wife has sponsored me, She Got her PR in Nov 2017.
I read in some of the previous threads that we can call CIC and they tell us whether they are already working on our application or not or at least they will tell us the date from which they are working on. Like applications from May 1st of 5th or something like that. Any idea what is the number?

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Hello guys, firstly thank you for creating this invaluable website it really helps in times of need.
I have submitted my Inland Spousal Application on the 8th of May, it reached on the 9th of May 2018 I got confirmation from the Courier. I have also applied for Open Work Permit. I came here on a Visitor Visa and I will complete 6 months of stay in Canada on the 5th of August. I heard it takes a while for them to process the application. In case it takes longer can I extend my stay in Canada without Exiting the Country? I have a 10 year Visa with multiple entry but I don't want to leave the country and jeopardize my case.
Any idea by when do you all think I will get my File number and my Open Work Permit? My Wife has sponsored me, She Got her PR in Nov 2017.
I read in some of the previous threads that we can call CIC and they tell us whether they are already working on our application or not or at least they will tell us the date from which they are working on. Like applications from May 1st of 5th or something like that. Any idea what is the number?
Judging by the current speed, you can get confirm of receiving your application 4 weeks to 6 weeks from now. Until then, you would not have a file number or UCI number to speak with a COC rep. OWP takes 4 months normally.

Reactions: pavanvulli

yeshwanth.r88

Nov 23, 2012
You can extend your stay in Canada by applying for Extension before 1month of your 6 months completion i.e. July 5th. You can continue to stay in Implied status till your decision in made by CIC . If they approve your request you can stay for 6 more months on visitor visa.

Please refer to this link for more info :

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1016&top=16&_ga=2.57175082.1649919956.1526069224-1049105331.1505423742