16-02-2018
File Transfer...
03-07-2018
Med's Request
03-07-2018
Med's Done....
09-07-2018
No one can tell you how long its actually going to take
Thank you for your reply. Is it normal to get Background check this early ?

monicaC

Mar 26, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
I only got AOR Letter in March and asked me to submit Schedule A, but didn't ask for policy certificate. Did this happen to anyone before?
Yes!
Application sent March28
AOR April 25 (to Sponsor only)

we linked the PR and OWP application last week and have received no request to upload anything (and usually the request comes same day or following day from what i have seen of others' experiences)

we followed the updated checklist and submitted Schedule A and home country police certificate with the application. no request for Canadian police certificate though.

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Yes!
Application sent March28
AOR April 25 (to Sponsor only)

we linked the PR and OWP application last week and have received no request to upload anything (and usually the request comes same day or following day from what i have seen of others' experiences)

we followed the updated checklist and submitted Schedule A and home country police certificate with the application. no request for Canadian police certificate though.
When you submitted all the file from the first time, did you submitted "submitted Schedule A and home country police certificate "? Because this year, after March, everybody need to submit this two things from the beginning. When I submitted my paper, I have already gave this two things.

Sofia3332156899

Apr 15, 2018
My documents were returned:( guys, what to do? I really need to be able to go back home soon. Can I reapply for Outland application? Or just apply online instead of paper ?

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
My documents were returned:( guys, what to do? I really need to be able to go back home soon. Can I reapply for Outland application? Or just apply online instead of paper ?
sorry to hear that. This is an inland applicants thread. Please post it on outland threads and you will get your answer from there. you can not apply online for family sponsorship.

Last edited:

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Home country police certificate.
If I was right, I remember the Guide 5289 said, Leaving Canada can automatically cancel temporary resident status as a visitor, student or worker.

in that case, you can apply out-land. So same things, I think you are able to change to out-land.

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
If I was right, I remember the Guide 5289 said, Leaving Canada can automatically cancel temporary resident status as a visitor, student or worker.

in that case, you can apply out-land. So same things, I think you are able to change to out-land.
You can leave Canada and re-enter as long as you have a valid document to enter Canada BUT in an event that you are refused entry, your inland spousal sponsorship application is then cancelled and you will have to apply outland.

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
If you really need to go home, you can always apply for outland. There's no online application for spousal sponsorship. It seems like outland is faster, depending on location.

shortlass

May 9, 2018
Hey, We are one day off of you in the process- Received in Mississauga March 28th, AOR April 25th.

I also had a hard time and someone sent me this and it totally worked:

Category: Permanent Residence
Subcategory: Family (Spouse)

Use UCI and Family Name
-> do not enter anything in the town/city of birth and Country (leave it blank)

Proceed to Passport Info:
- passport number
- country of issue
- issue and expiry date

Enter personal info:
- intended residence (province and city)
- current marital status
- number of applicants: put 2 (if there's only 1 PA and 1 sponsor)

Good luck!!
Hey there monicaC,

Thanks for the steps - unfortunately that didn't work for me. However, I just replaced the UCI with the Application Number and it worked just fine!

Hooray!