04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
Hello everyone!
Im so glad i happened to discover this forum and to find out that I'm not the only one going crazy while filling out the applications.
My husband is from Mexico and we've been married since October 2017. He just arrived in Canada last week on a tourist visa.. im really hoping to get some help with a few of the things I'm struggling to answer.
1) Mexicans no longer require a visa to enter canada, so how do i prove his status? He has a stamp on his passport showing the date he entered, but not the date he is supposed to leave.. is the stamp his proof?
2) Since he just arrived and is technically a tourist, we don't have any shared ownership of anything. How do i show proof of shared ownership or proof of address if he is a tourist?
3) the section which asks "if you are not living together, have you visited each other during your relationship".. we visited eachother many times, but now he is living with me.. do i check yes and fill in the travel information?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! Im pulling my hair out over here
Hi! My hubby is Mexican too!

1. Basically his date to leave is 6 months from the date stamped in his passport as he is Visa exempt. Those who are from countries that are Visa exempt are usually allowed to stay for up to 6 months. After that you either need to leave or extend his status. If you are applying for spousal sponsorship via inland, you can also apply for an open work permit which will give him implied status until it is approved. In other words, if he has the OWP processing and the 6 months have passed, he will legally be allowed to stay in Canada until a decision on his OWP app is made. If approved, he will be able to stay here until it expires and will be able to work too!

2. You can get his driver's license. If he has travel insurance, usually you have to put the address he's living at in Canada. Are you renting? You can put his name under the lease or get someone to write a letter (I.e. landlord) acknowledging that he's living with you.

3. You are now living together so you can check that off. Since the extra information is only if you are not living together, you do not need to fill it out. However you can add all the extra information in the Relationship proof section where they ask if you want to add more information.

Also don't freak out! You'll be fine. We have a WhatsApp group for 2018 Inland applicants if you would like to join for support: https://chat.whatsapp.com/DQTKthcO0vF8SZgIWkHrBJ

Last edited:

Sasasa

Apr 3, 2018
Hi,
I just sent in my inland sponsorsip spouse applicationon March 27, recieved on March 29. What should I be expecting now?

thisisruss

Mar 26, 2018
Hi,
I just sent in my inland sponsorsip spouse applicationon March 27, recieved on March 29. What should I be expecting now?
You should receive AOR within 4-6 weeks, then you will be able to link your account online. I received AOR in 4 weeks.

Sasasa

Apr 3, 2018
You should receive AOR within 4-6 weeks, then you will be able to link your account online. I received AOR in 4 weeks.
Hi, thank you!
I’ve also applied for open work permit, my visitor visa will be expire in july do I need a TRV if I already have an eTA?

thisisruss

Mar 26, 2018
Hi, thank you!
I’ve also applied for open work permit, my visitor visa will be expire in july do I need a TRV if I already have an eTA?
I don't have much experience with TRV's. I would consult one of the more experienced members. I believe you have to be in status although your OWP should be arriving in July based on the current approval times.

sm43226

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Jan 9th OWP applicant here Just checked my CIC account and status changed to " We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."

Please find my timeline:
PR Application with OWP Submitted : 21 Oct 2017
PR Application with OWP Recieved : 23 Oct0 2017
AOR : 14 Dec 2017
2nd AOR : 15 Dec 2017
PR Application linked : 15 Dec 2017
Schedule A and PCC Requested : 15 Dec 2017
Schedule A and PCC submitted :21 dec 2017
OWP was returned due to In-sufficient fee : Dec last week
OWP application Resent : 3rd Jan 2018
Received OWP APP -9th Jan 2018

Snibbles

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
upfront - 18-10-2017
Jan 9th OWP applicant here Just checked my CIC account and status changed to " We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."

Please find my timeline:
Awesome news! Mine was also the wrong fee, returned in December and received on Jan 8th according to MyCIC.
Still nothing yet on my end, but I'll check this evening to see if the eligibility requirement line changes :) if not today, then hopefully by the end of the week!

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
So, I should get my OWP about a month or so after my visitor status expires. Based on what I've managed to gather here, I should extend my visitor status instead of letting it go into implied, right? And I have to make sure I send in the form before my status expires, correct?

sm43226

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015

Please find my timeline:

Just now got OWP Approved :) :)

Sezraa

Sep 30, 2017
Hi guys!
CIC received my spousal sponsorship inland application on 8th March, and I got AOR on 4 April.
I successfully linked my PR application but it can't find my OWP application.
Should I be worried? Does it sometimes take longer for the OWP application to show up online? Is there a trick to finding it?
Thanks for your help!

thisisruss

Mar 26, 2018
Hi guys!
CIC received my spousal sponsorship inland application on 8th March, and I got AOR on 4 April.
I successfully linked my PR application but it can't find my OWP application.
Should I be worried? Does it sometimes take longer for the OWP application to show up online? Is there a trick to finding it?
Thanks for your help!
IT doesn't explain in detail how you link the OWP but only your PR App. Try this... I managed to link mine through this process. I've heard of people having to wait 4 days before they were able to link it, good luck

Link an existing application to this account - https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/mycic/registerApp

What program did you apply for?
Category - Temporary Residence
Sub Cat - Work permit and extension

Application Details
UCI & Family Name (The applicants UCI & Family Name, not the Sponsor)

Applicant's personal information
Place of Birth (Self explanatory)

Details of intended work in Canada
What type of work permit are you applying for? - Open (initial application or extension)

Information about the applicants work in Canada
Current country of residence - Canada
Current marital status -
Which situation applies to the applicant - Applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada

Reactions: Sezraa

godmustbecrazy

Jan 31, 2018
Hey folks, just checkin in. Any one from the Jan '18 lot received an update on their OWP's? I am interviewing for new jobs here and a trying to pinpoint by when should I receive mine so I can inform my employer :).

Any info would help. My app was received on Jan 11 2018.

dvazquez13

Apr 2, 2018
Just a bit confused.. this might be a stupid question, but if my husband didn't get a police certificate in his home country before coming to canada as a tourist, will CIC send for one on his behalf after he sends the inland application? Or will he need to return to his home country to get it himself?

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Just a bit confused.. this might be a stupid question, but if my husband didn't get a police certificate in his home country before coming to canada as a tourist, will CIC send for one on his behalf after he sends the inland application? Or will he need to return to his home country to get it himself?
If it is the country where he has spent most of his life since the age of 18, then you need to submit the police certificate with your application, CIC won't send for one. He can go back and get one but that might not be the best way since there's always a risk coming in with a visa. Depending on the country he could either have someone request the certificate on his behalf or go to an embassy of his country in Canada, or send them an application. I'm not sure how it works for different countries!