+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Layla Fahad

Dec 29, 2017
We just sent in our application via UPS! Now the wait begins. Fingers crossed it will be accepted.

For those that linked their application online - what kind of questions did they ask you? I didn't make a copy of our full application but I did save some forms. :(

i'm assuming the questions won't be too difficult to answer.
Congratulations! We also posted it yesterday. Do share when you receive your AOR. :)

Layla Fahad

Dec 29, 2017
Hi!

We sent in our application January 15th, it was recieved January 18th, and we got AOR and request for police records and schedule A yesterday, which I uploaded straight away! It still says your action is required though, but nothing to do, so I contacted them about a technical issue, in case it’s a glitch or whatever... it says my documents are uploaded, (says replacements provided in green?) but I’ve seen other people have that to, so I’m guessing everything is fine. I’m so happy to finally have everything going? We worked on it for months!
May I ask where is your spouse residing? Because in my country I can’t go straight away for PCC. A request letter is required.

Cadwife_UKhub_UKbaby

Feb 22, 2018
Leeds, UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-06-2018
AOR Received.
11-07-2018
Med's Request
13-07-2018
Passport Req..
05-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2018
I'm a Canadian citizen living in the UK, marrying my British partner in September with plans to move to Canada with our baby (born in UK; about to apply for his Canadian citizenship card) when my UK visa expires in May 2019.
Our plan right now is for the three of us to enter Canada together in May 2019 and apply for in land PR and OWP for my husband, applying to extend temporary visitor visa as required. I read earlier in this thread that OWP can take 4 months to receive. Does anyone have insight into this? When I checked the processing time for a work permit applied for in Canada the website says 6 weeks. Husband will probably be ok with waiting 6 weeks but I don't think he'll be happy waiting 4 months to start work.

Norwaycanada

Jul 28, 2017
BC
App. Filed.......
18-01-2018
AOR Received.
02-20-2018
May I ask where is your spouse residing? Because in my country I can’t go straight away for PCC. A request letter is required.
I’m norwegian and my husband is Canadian. In Norway I was able to apply for my PCC just by telling them I needed it for immigration purposes, no request letter from anywhere is needed.

GMMG

Feb 22, 2018
Hi Everyone

I am new in the forum. I have learnt a lot from the forum in the past few weeks.

I thought I should also share my progress and experience.

Sent my applications for PR and OWP in November 2017......They we're both returned in Jan 2018 for incorrect because of an error in one of the forms.
I corrected the form and send back.

Applications received: Jan 18th
AOR: Feb 20th
Linked both applications: Feb 22nd

I will be sending my Schedule A form shortly.

Reactions: Jenny X

MountainAB

Jan 4, 2018
App. Filed.......
18-12-2017
Hi!

We sent in our application January 15th, it was recieved January 18th, and we got AOR and request for police records and schedule A yesterday, which I uploaded straight away! It still says your action is required though, but nothing to do, so I contacted them about a technical issue, in case it’s a glitch or whatever... it says my documents are uploaded, (says replacements provided in green?) but I’ve seen other people have that to, so I’m guessing everything is fine. I’m so happy to finally have everything going? We worked on it for months!
Hi! I'm assuming this glitch iskinda normal. I'm also on the same situation. I uploaded my schedule A in Jan 30th and since then it says "action required", replacement provided in green and documents uploaded. I decided not to call them just because I've seen so many people having the same issue.
We also worked on the process for a long time. It's such a relief to finally send it, right!?
The best of luck for all of us ;)

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello YVR123,

Thank you very much for your reply. It is indeed a ray of hope for me.

We are planning to get married after I finish my landing (I will comeback in a couple of weeks or months, get married and go back. If possible, along with him.)

Supposing I finished my landing, can I include him immediately or only after I get my PR card?

If we are going to show that we will be taking support from his / my parents, what are the documents that we will need to show to CIC?

Please let me know.

Best Regards,
SD
You will not get your PR card within a few weeks after your landing. You do not need your PR card to apply but you likely will need your PR card to fly back to Canada after you travel to your home country to get married. (if that's the plan)

If you do not have your PR card when you want to travel back to Canada, you can get PRTD. But PRTD could take a long time, so you should check the timing with your country/city visa office. BTW you will need to get your marriage certificate translated if it's not in English or French.

godmustbecrazy

Jan 31, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all the valuable information you all are sharing. My Inland PR + OWP application was received by CPC on Jan 11, 2018.
I got my AOR yesterday: Feb 16, 2018.

I had a little trouble linking my application but all the posts here helped me figure that out. I submitted my medicals and background check documents upfront and have an update that I "passed the medical exam". So that is out of the way.

Though the update says "Background check Not applicable". Can anyone help with why it says that?
Has anyone else here faced this situation, or can help with it?

Norwaycanada

Jul 28, 2017
BC
App. Filed.......
18-01-2018
AOR Received.
02-20-2018
Hi! I'm assuming this glitch iskinda normal. I'm also on the same situation. I uploaded my schedule A in Jan 30th and since then it says "action required", replacement provided in green and documents uploaded. I decided not to call them just because I've seen so many people having the same issue.
We also worked on the process for a long time. It's such a relief to finally send it, right!?
The best of luck for all of us ;)
Yeah! It’s a huge relief! Every time we thought we could send it in we realised there was something missing we did everything ourselves, refusing to pay $5000+ when our marriage is real, we’re the same age and have a baby together now it’s just a waiting game...

Last edited:
Reactions: MountainAB

bornhunter

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Hi everyone. We filed sponsorship application for my wife who is inland in dec 2017 and got the file number in first week of feb 2018.
After getting file number how long would it take to get sponsor approval i mean SA?

DSpartners

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
You will not get your PR card within a few weeks after your landing. You do not need your PR card to apply but you likely will need your PR card to fly back to Canada after you travel to your home country to get married. (if that's the plan)

If you do not have your PR card when you want to travel back to Canada, you can get PRTD. But PRTD could take a long time, so you should check the timing with your country/city visa office. BTW you will need to get your marriage certificate translated if it's not in English or French.
Thank you for the headsup YVR123. I'll note the point regarding the marriage certificate.

So I guess I'll take my PR card and come back and get married and then try to add him in the application.

But could you please help with more information on how to show the proof of funds when we are taking it from his parents?

Thanks,
SD

CanuckDuck

Feb 6, 2018
When you wrote we Canadians I assumed you were born here, but sorry for making that assumption, and I’m glad to hear your English is way better than mine :) I didn’t think about trump when I wrote that, I’m sorry to have used his racist slur, never my intention! And thank you for giving me the right term to use :)

And there’s no excuse for the word I wrote, but I honestly didn’t think and didn’t connect what I said. So thank you for calling me out on it, I definitely won’t do it again :)

And edited to say; I’m not offended, I got sad when I realized what I wrote, because I didnt mean it like that
Hey, no worries! It happens, I myself had to change my mindset and condition my brain to think Canadian. And, don't forget that 20.6% of Canadians are foreign born! ;) Have yourself a good day/night and best of luck with your transition to Canada.

Reactions: Norwaycanada

Norwaycanada

Jul 28, 2017
BC
App. Filed.......
18-01-2018
AOR Received.
02-20-2018
Hey, no worries! It happens, I myself had to change my mindset and condition my brain to think Canadian. And, don't forget that 20.6% of Canadians are foreign born! ;) Have yourself a good day/night and best of luck with your transition to Canada.
Thanks and the same to you!

CanuckDuck

Feb 6, 2018
I uploaded the Schedule A and Police check a few days ago, but the status still says 'Your action is required'. o_O

When I view submitted applications, the table that lists the Schedule A and PCC is mostly blank, except green text saying 'Replacement Provided Uploaded'. There's nothing else we can do on this page as we've already gone to the next page to sign and submit.

Is anyone else seeing this?
I'm seeing this on my spouse's application. So here is the story:

Since February 14, 2018, CIC has changed its regulations in regard to police certificates to be provided by applicants - Please see CIC's Operation Bulletin (OB) 633 available at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/bulletins-2016/633-december-15-2016.html -

Prior to the OB release, applicants had to provide a police certificate for every country where an applicant had resided for 6 months or more. It goes without saying that CIC's processing agents were well aware of the regulation change before the February 14, 2018, OB 633 release. On February 8th, my spouse received her AOR and the CIC letter requesting from her to upload her schedule A and the police certificate. I called the CIC call center today; while the agent on the phone was not aware of the OB release [ Did not expect him to know because phone agents are not trained on IRPA (Immigration and Refugee Protection Act) ]...he did, however, tell me that the "Your Action is Required" message is a glitch on the CIC website. My guess on this is that because the OB was just released (8 days ago), CIC's website has not yet been updated to take the OB change into consideration.

Hope this helps Incroyable! ;)

Last edited: