+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

CanuckDuck

Feb 6, 2018
Hi there,

I know there are probably tons of threads regarding my next question; however, I was not able to find a definite answer to it.

CIC requested from us to upload Police certificate and Schedule A (IMM 5669). I was able to upload the Police certificate but I am having trouble uploading Schedule A. When I try to validate the form, I get an error message saying that there are gaps on the form, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I know that this is a known issue and was thus wondering if anyone here encountered this issue, and how they fixed it.

Thank you in advance

MountainAB

Jan 4, 2018
App. Filed.......
18-12-2017
Hi there,

I know there are probably tons of threads regarding my next question; however, I was not able to find a definite answer to it.

CIC requested from us to upload Police certificate and Schedule A (IMM 5669). I was able to upload the Police certificate but I am having trouble uploading Schedule A. When I try to validate the form, I get an error message saying that there are gaps on the form, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I know that this is a known issue and was thus wondering if anyone here encountered this issue, and how they fixed it.

Thank you in advance
It happened to me too. But it was because I stopped working last august and that was my last activity on the form. I had to put unemployed from set 2017 to "present". It might not be your case but I would review all dates for addresses and activities. ;)

Reactions: CanuckDuck

vaibhavshere

Nov 27, 2015
Hello Eveyone, I recieved AOR yesterday at 8pm. app sent on Jan2,18. my spouse got email first and then today I got one for sponsorship. However I am not able to link my paper app to online ac. Tried multiple combinations, tried chrome and firefox. no use. sent technical problem request..lets see what they come back with. Anyone had similar issue here??

Reactions: crystarclear

crystarclear

Star Member
Oct 2, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-12-2017
Doc's Request.
26-01-2018
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
LANDED..........
06-11-2018
Hello Eveyone, I recieved AOR yesterday at 8pm. app sent on Jan2,18. my spouse got email first and then today I got one for sponsorship. However I am not able to link my paper app to online ac. Tried multiple combinations, tried chrome and firefox. no use. sent technical problem request..lets see what they come back with. Anyone had similar issue here??
Try using safari or internet explorer.

gellyvezina

Jul 8, 2012
Quebec
App. Filed.......
December 14,2017

A lot of us had same issue about linking the application online.
Here's my tip. Copy and type whats exactly in your application forms .(mine I forgot to put coma "," to the city/town of birth like what I put in my forms)
Tip number two is put "2" at the end in the number of applicant (You and Sponsor)

CanuckDuck

Feb 6, 2018
Hey guys,

I'm the sponsor of my wife. I received an email from CIC to link my application. Now, my question is as follow: Do I link my application from my wife's CIC account or do I have to create a new CIC account and then link my application?

Thanks.

CanuckDuck

Feb 6, 2018
As a sponsor, where do I check my application? From the GCKey account of the person I'm sponsoring? or do I have to create a new account and go from there?

Thank you!

Elcara

Feb 11, 2018
Hi all!
I'm brand new here. First of all, best wishes to everyone!
I am in Ontario and my boyfriend will be arriving from The Netherlands in the early summer and we will be married.
He's already spent 6 weeks here over Christmas and i am travelling to him in April!
I really don't have any specific questions yet but have gained a lot of great information so far!
Really grateful for this resource, I can see what a great community this is.
Wish us luck!
(Oh, but if you have some words of wisdom to start us off regarding the marriage process in this situation that would be awesome!)

Reactions: crystarclear

Didi674di

Feb 7, 2018
As a sponsor, where do I check my application? From the GCKey account of the person I'm sponsoring? or do I have to create a new account and go from there?

Thank you!
I guess you've received AOR, if yes, you can create a GCkey if the PA doesn't have one. If there is any existing GCkey, you can link it up right away.

Didi674di

Feb 7, 2018
Hi all!
I'm brand new here. First of all, best wishes to everyone!
I am in Ontario and my boyfriend will be arriving from The Netherlands in the early summer and we will be married.
He's already spent 6 weeks here over Christmas and i am travelling to him in April!
I really don't have any specific questions yet but have gained a lot of great information so far!
Really grateful for this resource, I can see what a great community this is.
Wish us luck!
(Oh, but if you have some words of wisdom to start us off regarding the marriage process in this situation that would be awesome!)
Make lovely memories like site seeing and take pictures. You will need some. Also, keep ticket and email conversation.

Reactions: Elcara

vaibhavshere

Nov 27, 2015
A lot of us had same issue about linking the application online.
Here's my tip. Copy and type whats exactly in your application forms .(mine I forgot to put coma "," to the city/town of birth like what I put in my forms)
Tip number two is put "2" at the end in the number of applicant (You and Sponsor)
Thank you "gellyvezina" for your response.....
I noticed that we don't need to put city/town of birth.....just passport number is enough...and it worked...

This forum has been really helpful for my PR app and now for spouse application. I wouldn't have survived the pressure of the PR process without the help from this forum....God bless you all....

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
Make lovely memories like site seeing and take pictures. You will need some. Also, keep ticket and email conversation.
Definitely keep records of everything: pictures, stamps in passports if possible, flight tickets, tickets or proof of any events/places you guys went to, etc. Also pictures with friends and family are great to have too.