+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Another question i applied for the work permit extension by mail. But i have not received any application number so far. I applied on 31st december 2019. How can i orove that i have applued for work permit after my work permit expires.
I hop i get any update on my application before my status expires.
Hi, did you apply for your work permit extension by paper application? If you did, perhaps you can go to GCKey and link your paper application to your MyCIC online account.
You perhaps can also call the IRCC Help Centre 1-888-242-2100 and ask if they have received your work permit extension application and if there is an update on your account. It takes several times to reach them and you may have to wait on the phone but it's worth it and the agents are very nice.

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Update:
Feb 1, 2019 - AIP letter
Feb 5, 2019 - DM on both sides
Feb 7, 2019 - SA letter

Don't know how long does it take to receive next step...

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Update:
Feb 1, 2019 - AIP letter
Feb 5, 2019 - DM on both sides
Feb 7, 2019 - SA letter

Don't know how long does it take to receive next step...
Hi, you should be getting your Landing Interview Letter (via email) with appointment date/time from IRCC landing office in a few days (2-5).
Almost there! Congrats!

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Hi, you should be getting your Landing Interview Letter (via email) with appointment date/time from IRCC landing office in a few days (2-5).
Almost there! Congrats!
Thanks for your reply! So the DM on both sides does not equivalent to DM letter, right? Saw other people waited for that letter for weeks....

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Thanks for your reply! So the DM on both sides does not equivalent to DM letter, right? Saw other people waited for that letter for weeks....
Hi, some applicants get DM letter and some don't, for some unknown reason. I did get DM letter immediately after the DM on both sides, but have seen others that got their landing interview letter without getting the DM letter. I guess it's hard to predict the last steps of the journey. :)

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Hi, some applicants get DM letter and some don't, for some unknown reason. I did get DM letter immediately after the DM on both sides, but have seen others that got their landing interview letter without getting the DM letter. I guess it's hard to predict the last steps of the journey. :)
Good to know. Much appreciated! I guess now the waiting truly begins....

garydee

Mar 30, 2018
Hi, May 7th applicant here. We got AIP on Jan 24th, SA on Jan 25th and DM on sponsor's side on Jan 28th.
No news after that, ECAS still shows "in process" for PA and myCIC says background check is in progress.
Is this delay normal? We called CIC more than week ago and the officer actually said that everything was concluded (including background checks), only DM missing. He also said that we should expect an answer within less than a week, but this didn't happen either. We were puzzled to hear that backgrounds were done, while myCIC shows the opposite information.
Would you guys suggest contacting them again? It seems to us that most people get DM on both sides very shortly after AIP/SA, but it's taking way longer for us.

Reactions: LivMeher

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
Hi, May 7th applicant here. We got AIP on Jan 24th, SA on Jan 25th and DM on sponsor's side on Jan 28th.
No news after that, ECAS still shows "in process" for PA and myCIC says background check is in progress.
Is this delay normal? We called CIC more than week ago and the officer actually said that everything was concluded (including background checks), only DM missing. He also said that we should expect an answer within less than a week, but this didn't happen either. We were puzzled to hear that backgrounds were done, while myCIC shows the opposite information.
Would you guys suggest contacting them again? It seems to us that most people get DM on both sides very shortly after AIP/SA, but it's taking way longer for us.
They might be reviewing some information on the relationship or so. They can still transfer your file to the local office for further assessment if they need that. Not everyone receives DM right after. Keep in mind that the time processing is 12 months, you should not worry or be calling them all the time if you didnt reach the 12 months marks yet.

Ps: the update on gckey account is not always accurate.

Your DM is coming!!!! :)

amandabear9

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-05-2018
AOR Received.
10-06-2018
Med's Request
11-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
Just landed today in Kitchener, the interview was really fast and went really well the agent was so nice!
I sent my application March 19th 2018 received April 19th 2018
AIP January 17 2019
DM/SA January 17
Interview letter received January 31st
Landed February 8th

Long process but I am glad it's over ! Good luck to all of you !
Congratulations and welcome!!!

garydee

Mar 30, 2018
They might be reviewing some information on the relationship or so. They can still transfer your file to the local office for further assessment if they need that. Not everyone receives DM right after. Keep in mind that the time processing is 12 months, you should not worry or be calling them all the time if you didnt reach the 12 months marks yet.

Ps: the update on gckey account is not always accurate.

Your DM is coming!!!! :)
So even after AIP and SA it still may happen that they transfer the file for further assessment? I thought that most of the evaluation would take place before AIP/SA

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Hi guys, when you got the DM, does that means the background check was completed? Or still on until COPR?
Hi, the status of "background in process" in your MyCIC account will remain this way, even if it has been completed. However, the next day after your landing interview has been completed, your MyCIC status will become "your background check was completed" and "your application was approved."

ronakshukla009

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Hi, did you apply for your work permit extension by paper application? If you did, perhaps you can go to GCKey and link your paper application to your MyCIC online account.
You perhaps can also call the IRCC Help Centre 1-888-242-2100 and ask if they have received your work permit extension application and if there is an update on your account. It takes several times to reach them and you may have to wait on the phone but it's worth it and the agents are very nice.
I did call them and they told me it takes them 2 months to open the application and enter into the system. Until then i cant link the application as well because it is not in the system. I did apply by mail.

Reactions: Marins02

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
I did call them and they told me it takes them 2 months to open the application and enter into the system. Until then i cant link the application as well because it is not in the system. I did apply by mail.
Wow, two months is quite a waiting period. Did you ask agent if you are under "implied status" during this period, and if you would you be under "implied status" if your current work permit expires? It is usually implied status, but not completely sure about this.

ronakshukla009

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Wow, two months is quite a waiting period. Did you ask agent if you are under "implied status" during this period, and if you would you be under "implied status" if your current work permit expires? It is usually implied status, but not completely sure about this.
They told me i can work and i won't have any problems. But i do not know how. Do you know what happens to the sin number? Will it expire??