2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Selene_Underworld

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Update on my journey:
March 6th applicant
Medical request: Aug 30th
Background check process began on: Aug 30th (and continues "background in process" in MyCIC)
Medical passed: Sept
AIP letter in MyCIC: Jan 3, 2019
DM for both my spousal sponsorship and permanent residency apps in ECAS: Jan 3, 2019
DM letter (Inland Landing Letter in my email): Jan 4, 2019
Landing interview Date: Awaiting...

----
Hello, first of all, congrats to you both!

I am a March 2018 applicant as well, but so far I am at the stage of after medical and police checks submission. May I ask:

- Did you receive a notification from CIC saying you passed the medical check or it just showed that on your MyCIC?
- Did you receive a Sponsor Eligibility Approval letter?

Thank you for sharing!
Selene

ronakshukla009

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Hello,
Applied on 7th Feb. Medical passed in august and i have not received any update. Ecas says they start processing my application on 11th december. Its almost more than 11 months. Any one else got any feb applicants got any update??

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
----
Hello, first of all, congrats to you both!

I am a March 2018 applicant as well, but so far I am at the stage of after medical and police checks submission. May I ask:

- Did you receive a notification from CIC saying you passed the medical check or it just showed that on your MyCIC?

Thank you for sharing!
Selene
Hello, I have updated my Signature to include my timeline:

Application received by CIC: March 6, 2018
Medical request sent to us via MyCIC: Aug 30, 2018
Background Check "began processing" and continues to be in this status: Aug 30, 2018
Medical request "passed" on MyCIC: Sept 21, 2018, on ECAS it states medical received.
AIP Letter ("Eligibility Passed" Letter) in MyCIC: Jan 3, 2019
DM status for both spousal sponsorship and PR applications in ECAS: Jan 3, 2019
DM Letter (Inland Landing Letter) sent to PA via email: Jan 4, 2019
Sponsor Approval (SA) Letter sent to Sponsor via sponsor's email: Jan 14, 2019
Landing Interview Letter with appointment date/time from IRCC Etobicoke Office via email: Waiting

Regarding your questions:
I didn't get any notification (email) from CIC that I passed medical. I saw the updated status on MyCIC as "medical exam passed". In ECAS, they stated that medical was received.
Yes, on January 14th. It was an email sent to my Sponsor with a pdf letter attachment.

Jenny X

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
Hello,
Applied on 7th Feb. Medical passed in august and i have not received any update. Ecas says they start processing my application on 11th december. Its almost more than 11 months. Any one else got any feb applicants got any update??
Hi IM also Feb 7 applicant, didn't you received AIP and SA?
You can read my updates from my signature.

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Hello all...am dying of worry here..
This morning i checkes ecas and it said DM on sponsor side n in process for PA.. shortly after i got a letter from mississauga saying my file has been transferred to IRCC Montreal office for further assessment.

What do you guys think this is:(:(:(
Hi Gabby, I think that it would be a good idea to order your GCMS notes in order to read in great detail, what is the status of your application and what exactly are the officer's notes regarding sending your application to Montreal IRCC office for further review. I actually ordered my GCMS back in November and i received my notes via pdf file in an email about 30 days after request (30 days is usual waiting period for GCMS). I didn't have any issues, I just wanted to see what was being said about my application and officer's notes. It is free of charge if your order them yourself (you have to be in Canada) and it won't delay your application.

Here's an outline of the questions/answers because it can get a bit confusing.
I hope this info is helpful and all the best to you and your spouse.

How to make a request under the Access to Information Act website (see link below) for your GCMS notes:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html

Apply online
*Please select the Department where you would like to submit an Access to Information or Privacy request.
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada
*To be eligible to make a request, you must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or an individual or corporation currently present in Canada. Please select the category that best describes you.
Individual/corporation currently present in Canada
The rest of info to enter is your demographic info and email address
*Are you requesting information on your own behalf?

Yes
*Select the category that best describes you.
Member of the Public
*How would you prefer to receive the requested records?
E-mail (principal applicant's email)
*What type of information are you requesting?
Privacy Act
*Which type of records do you wish to request?
Immigration/Citizenship records
Requesting Information for:
Your name
Date of Birth
UCI # (principal applicant's)
*What type of record would you like to request?
Permanent Residence
*Which specific information are you looking for?
Status Update of File/ Reason for Refusal/ Officer’s Notes
*File Number(s)
Your Permanent Residency application file number in your CIC account
Then it will ask you to upload a copy of your open work permit or visa. I uploaded on a single pdf file a copy of my passport and my Open Work Permit form.

Reactions: Selene_Underworld

Selene_Underworld

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Hello, I have updated my Signature to include my timeline:

Application received by CIC: March 6, 2018
Medical request sent to us via MyCIC: Aug 30, 2018
Background Check "began processing" and continues to be in this status: Aug 30, 2018
Medical request "passed" on MyCIC: Sept 21, 2018, on ECAS it states medical received.
AIP Letter ("Eligibility Passed" Letter) in MyCIC: Jan 3, 2019
DM status for both spousal sponsorship and PR applications in ECAS: Jan 3, 2019
DM Letter (Inland Landing Letter) sent to PA via email: Jan 4, 2019
Sponsor Approval (SA) Letter sent to Sponsor via sponsor's email: Jan 14, 2019
Landing Interview Letter with appointment date/time from IRCC Etobicoke Office via email: Waiting

Regarding your questions:
I didn't get any notification (email) from CIC that I passed medical. I saw the updated status on MyCIC as "medical exam passed". In ECAS, they stated that medical was received.
Yes, on January 14th. It was an email sent to my Sponsor with a pdf letter attachment.
----

Thank you for your quick reply. I've just checked MyCiC and saw the note "medical passed", the rest is "in process". Looking at your timeline, it would be around 3-4 months from the "medical passed" to AIP/ Dm/ SA ect..., so I am still on schedule.

Thanks again and good luck on your next steps!

GabbyKk

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Hi Gabby, I think that it would be a good idea to order your GCMS notes in order to read in great detail, what is the status of your application and what exactly are the officer's notes regarding sending your application to Montreal IRCC office for further review. I actually ordered my GCMS back in November and i received my notes via pdf file in an email about 30 days after request (30 days is usual waiting period for GCMS). I didn't have any issues, I just wanted to see what was being said about my application and officer's notes. It is free of charge if your order them yourself (you have to be in Canada) and it won't delay your application.

How to make a request under the Access to Information Act website (see link below) for your GCMS notes:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html

Apply online
*Please select the Department where you would like to submit an Access to Information or Privacy request.
*To be eligible to make a request, you must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or an individual or corporation currently present in Canada. Please select the category that best describes you.

Yes
Member of the Public
Privacy Act
Your name
Date of Birth
Permanent Residence
*File Number(s)
Then it will ask you to upload a copy of your open work permit or visa. I uploaded on a single pdf file a copy of my passport and my Open Work Permit form.
Thks soo much for ur reply...unfortunately when i applied for my extension n owp it was sent bk to me for not paying the correct fee..n wn i did it the 2nd time i was told i couldnt get it bc am out of status

GabbyKk

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018

Apply online

Yes
Member of the Public
Privacy Act
Your name
Date of Birth
Permanent Residence
*File Number(s)
I just applied...thanks

Reactions: Evergreen_3034

CanIndo1111

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
I nice to see these updates. I applied May 4, 2018. Medical and fingerprints completed October 2018.
January 9 2018 Applicant eligibility passed.
So based on prior posts the sponsors eligibility is next.
Hi, this is a great news!!! may I know which country of the principle applicant from?

Reactions: melito