Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
23 Feb applicant here
Acknowledgement received 21 March
OWP received 11 June
Medical and background check request on 23rd August
Medical and background check provided 13th Sept
Sponsor received DM 19th December
Me as PA received “in process” on 17th December.

I have not received any updates on medical passed or anything else via Ecas.

I am not able to link my application on mycic account, it can’t find my application, apparently.
I have emailed IRCC but received no response.
Requested GCMS notes a week ago to see what’s going on.
On your ecas, does it show medical is received ?

Pri1090

Star Member
Sep 24, 2018
Hi can somebody answer this. I entered Canada on tourist visa in March 2018 and then applied for PR and Owp in May 2018. Received OWP in August 2018, do I still need to go back after 6 months as per the tourist visa restriction?or can I stay as long as my owp is valid.

kidmah

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Hi can somebody answer this. I entered Canada on tourist visa in March 2018 and then applied for PR and Owp in May 2018. Received OWP in August 2018, do I still need to go back after 6 months as per the tourist visa restriction?or can I stay as long as my owp is valid.
You can stay as long as your own is valid…

cko_23

Jan 10, 2019
Hi all.
I checked on Ecas this morning, it says " We sent you correspondence on January 16, 2019 about the decision on you application" . What does this mean?? Any idea?

I received "Eligibility Passed" and " Pre-arrival services" + DM on both side two days ago.

Thank you

GabbyKk

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Hello all...am dying of worry here..
This morning i checkes ecas and it said DM on sponsor side n in process for PA.. shortly after i got a letter from mississauga saying my file has been transferred to IRCC Montreal office for further assessment.

What do you guys think this is:(:(:(

mohammadfareedy

Dec 31, 2018
Hi all.
I checked on Ecas this morning, it says " We sent you correspondence on January 16, 2019 about the decision on you application" . What does this mean?? Any idea?

I received "Eligibility Passed" and " Pre-arrival services" + DM on both side two days ago.

Thank you
Did you already pay your Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)?

mohammadfareedy

Dec 31, 2018
This morning i checkes ecas and it said DM on sponsor side n in process for PA.. shortly after i got a letter from mississauga saying my file has been transferred to IRCC Montreal office for further assessment.

did they tell you if you meet the eligibility requirements in that letter?

allen80629

May 19, 2018
Richmond, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-01-2018
Doc's Request.
17-02-2018
AOR Received.
17-02-2018
Med's Request
03-07-2018
Med's Done....
06-07-2018

That means the normal 12 months processing time no longer applied to your case as the VOs are concerned about your app. It could take days weeks months for them to process.There is no specific timeline for this kind of transferred file

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018

DM for sponsor and a transfer to another office for further assessment basically means, as the email says, that they want to examine the application more closely for whatever reason. It's a normal part of the process for applications that have unusual elements/red flags, however it does mean you can expect a delay in processing.

Senior members can correct me, but I do believe transfer for further assessment means you should no longer count on the 12 month average. But wait for others' confirmation on that.

Reactions: allen80629

Selene_Underworld

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Hello everyone,

I received the request for Medical and Police check in September 2018, submitted them in early October 2018. Since then I haven't heard anything from IRCC yet. What do I expect next and what's the timeline for it from now on?

Thank you,
Selene