+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
I think this processing date is for your AOR.
Hello, I think you are correct. This is the only message that I have regarding "processing date" in my ECAS (sorry Goforhope if this is not what you were asking, in terms of "processing date").
I actually never got an AOR letter lol. I think many of us March applicants didn't get an actual AOR for some reason. Tech glitch? It's okay about this. My application has been in progress and going through the steps even so.

negarmh

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
Hi everyone,

An OWP application question:

I am just applying for OWP (didn't do it while I applied for PR, as I am still on a valid post-graduate work permit). I looked online and I found out this package that I have to fill in, and post by mail.

My question is that nowhere in this package it gives me an option to say I am applying for a OWP through Spousal Sponsorship program. In fact, form 5710e is forcing me to say who my future employer would be. My job contract ends at the end of my current work permit, and I really am not sure for which employee I will end up working. Also in the same form, there is a question 3, that wants me to choose if I am going to work for the same employer or for a new one. I just don't know.

For the supporting documents, should I send proof of our marriage? I don't have a job offer yet.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Goforhope

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Hello, yes. Here's my timeline:

March 6th applicant
Medical request: Aug 30th
Background check process began on: Aug 30th (and continues "background in process" in MyCIC)
Medical passed: Sept
AIP letter received in MyCIC: Jan 3, 2019
DM for both my spousal sponsorship and permanent residency apps in ECAS: Jan 3, 2019
DM letter (Inland Landing Letter in my email): Jan 4, 2019
Landing Interview Date Letter from Etobicoke: Awaiting...
Actual Landing Interview: Awaiting...
Thank you. So on your ECAS, there's only one " We started processing your application on Apr 2018"
For me:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on April 23, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on December 18, 2018.
  3. Medical results have been received.

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
Hi everyone,

An OWP application question:

I am just applying for OWP (didn't do it while I applied for PR, as I am still on a valid post-graduate work permit). I looked online and I found out this package that I have to fill in, and post by mail.

My question is that nowhere in this package it gives me an option to say I am applying for a OWP through Spousal Sponsorship program. In fact, form 5710e is forcing me to say who my future employer would be. My job contract ends at the end of my current work permit, and I really am not sure for which employee I will end up working. Also in the same form, there is a question 3, that wants me to choose if I am going to work for the same employer or for a new one. I just don't know.

For the supporting documents, should I send proof of our marriage? I don't have a job offer yet.

Thank you for your help in advance.
So, i was checking my file and for my husband when we applied for work permit, our lawyer has filled to be determined wherever they are asking employer and address of new employer. And, yes we did attached his passport copies and marriage certificate .

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018
Hi

Any lucky Feb applicants got landing interview date in Jan , especially from Vancouver office?
It looks like things are not moving that fast, as much as expected .

please advise if someone got to final step recently. Thank you

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
Has anyone received additional documents request and had ti apply for an extension of their deadline? Was it approved? How long did it take to get approved?

Honeydew1987

Nov 17, 2017
Hi

Any lucky Feb applicants got landing interview date in Jan , especially from Vancouver office?

Same here. Feb 19 applicant. Still waiting for interview appointment

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
Hi,

I am a March 6th applicant my background check started processing on September 13th, but it's still showing "We are processing your background check". Is that normal? Most of the March 6th applicants have received DM.
Even though it says DM on my ECAS, on my MYCIC it says that they are also still processing my background check. Don´t worry about it, it´s a bit crazy with the holidays etc

New to FSW

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Nomination.....
28-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2015
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-05-2015
Interview........
TLU 26-05-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 27-07-2015 DM:30-07-2015
March 12th Applicant... Eligibility passed this morning.... So Happy....

I came to Canada in 2016 through FSW (applied Nov 2014)... This forum was my only reference guide and you people are amazing... I sponsored my wife in March 2017 with your help and looks like she is gonna be a PR soon :)

Thanks everyone......

sg1991

Feb 2, 2016
Hi

Feb 02 applicant. DM on ECAs since Dec 20. Nothing after that.

ronakshukla009

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
I am also Feb 14 applicant. Received SA and AIP on Nov 29 and nothing after that ..I called few times but they dont give any information. All you get from them saying is, wait for 12 months then call back, if you still dont receive anything.but if you still want , you can call at 1 888 242 2100. Press 1,1,2,3 then you will hear automated status updates and press 1 to speak to agent. But be prepared to wait for at least 30 mins to speak with agent.
Hello
I am february 7th applicant and i have not received anybupdate after i passed the medical. Is it common??

Reactions: Evergreen_3034
Jan 7, 2019
Hello
I have question if some one can help me.
I received my AIP on Dec 1th ,and tody I have received an email says that my app has been transferred to the immigration Refugees and Citizenships Canada office in Montreal for further assessment . What’s that means ??

17febinland

Jan 4, 2019
Hi

Just an update on my case. We received the golden landing email from local IRCC today.
Stating:I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that has been scheduled for:date time location...

App received Feb 26 2018
Dm Dec 21
Landing letter Jan 7 2019
Landing will be Jan 18 2019

Yours will be here soon. Good luck everyone and I’ll post again after landing

niamahmoud

Jul 16, 2018
Hello
I have question if some one can help me.
I received my AIP on Dec 1th ,and tody I have received an email says that my app has been transferred to the immigration Refugees and Citizenships Canada office in Montreal for further assessment . What’s that means ??
Are you living in Montreal?

From what i have read when an application is sent for further assessment, it means they have some doubts in the application/relationship and the application will not be finished within the normal time frame.