+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

GabbyKk

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Hi everyone, I have a question, I hope someone can help me with! Much appreciated!

What should I do if I want t go back to my country AFTER got confirmation after the interview but BEFORE I receive the PR card? Had anyone done this before?
I think the best thing to do is to ask the interviewer on the day of ur landing interview...you may be given a travel document..

Ps_948

Dec 12, 2016
I got my landing interview letter by email today 18th dec 2018. and its scheduled for 27th december 2018 (At the Niagara Falls IRCC)

A bit weird as the last email from them with decision made said that the Etobicoke IRCC would contact me with the schedule, now its gonna be a 160km ride for me instead of 40km :)

Nevertheless
I am happy that Finally I got my schedule.. and I am going to be a PR soon.

Thank you to each and everyone out here who kept posting updates, that helped me a lot !
Hi can you please help me .... what all they asked you to bring at niagra office ... what was the interview procedure?

Ps_948

Dec 12, 2016
Hi i have my interview tomorrow at Niagara office ...can someone please help ...what is the procedure ...they asked me to bring original marriage certificate, job letter for spouse or applicant , is this normal?

Please please help

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018
Hi i have my interview tomorrow at Niagara office ...can someone please help ...what is the procedure ...they asked me to bring original marriage certificate, job letter for spouse or applicant , is this normal?

Please please help
I dont think so It is normal ....does it mention anywhere on letter word relationship interview?

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018
Hi everyone, I have a question, I hope someone can help me with! Much appreciated!

What should I do if I want t go back to my country AFTER got confirmation after the interview but BEFORE I receive the PR card? Had anyone done this before?
You can cross land border with your COPR. and take flight from US if you are flying out. in order to fly in and out of Canada ,you need PR card.

I also read somewhere regarding applying PRV visa .
I am not what is it and what is the procedure.

Or alternative is someone mail you pr card to your back home country after receiving, which is kind of risky process. I will not take chance for mailing PR card to my back country .

Ps_948

Dec 12, 2016
I dont think so It is normal ....does it mention anywhere on letter word relationship interview?
No it doesn’t show any relationship interview.
Please see the information below i got

I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview scheduled for:
Date and Time: Friday, December 28, 2018 at 10 :00 am
In order to be granted permanent residence, you must bring the following with you to the interview:
 Your valid passport. If you were deemed to be a Convention Refugee, and are not in possession of a valid passport, please provide the identity document(s) that you provided to CPC Vegreville along with the original English translation.
 Your sponsor must accompany you (if you are sponsored) and bring proof of citizenship or immigration status.
 If you were sponsored as a spouse, please ensure that you bring with you your original marriage certificate that was submitted at time of your application for permanent residence.
 If you were sponsored as a common-law partner, please ensure that you bring with you at least one of the following original documents that was submitted at time of your application for permanent residence: joint residential lease agreements, mortgage, title of property, governmental-issued documents indicating the same address for your sponsor and you (e.g. Canadian Revenue Agency documents, provincial medical form) or any other original documents supporting your relationship.
 Your Temporary Resident document issued by CIC (Work Permit, Student Permit, Visitor Record).
 A current letter of employment for yourself and/or sponsor indicating nature of employment, salary and length of time employed. If self-employed, a statement of income from your bookkeeper or
accountant. If retired, proof of pension payments and copy of last Income Tax filed.
 An interpreter, if required.
 2 photos for each person on this application who are becoming Permanent Residents – see
enclosed appendix for specifications.
 If you have not already paid the $490.00 Right of Permanent Residence Fee, you can find
information on how to pay the fee at:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp.
Please bring a copy of your receipt to the office on the date of your interview.
If you cannot attend this interview, please send a letter/email explaining the reasons why you are unable to attend. Failure to appear for this interview may be interpreted as evidence that you are no longer seeking permanent residence in Canada and your file may be closed.

Reactions: GabbyKk

GabbyKk

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018

I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview scheduled for:
In order to be granted permanent residence, you must bring the following with you to the interview:
 Your valid passport. If you were deemed to be a Convention Refugee, and are not in possession of a valid passport, please provide the identity document(s) that you provided to CPC Vegreville along with the original English translation.
 Your sponsor must accompany you (if you are sponsored) and bring proof of citizenship or immigration status.
 If you were sponsored as a spouse, please ensure that you bring with you your original marriage certificate that was submitted at time of your application for permanent residence.
 If you were sponsored as a common-law partner, please ensure that you bring with you at least one of the following original documents that was submitted at time of your application for permanent residence: joint residential lease agreements, mortgage, title of property, governmental-issued documents indicating the same address for your sponsor and you (e.g. Canadian Revenue Agency documents, provincial medical form) or any other original documents supporting your relationship.
 Your Temporary Resident document issued by CIC (Work Permit, Student Permit, Visitor Record).
 A current letter of employment for yourself and/or sponsor indicating nature of employment, salary and length of time employed. If self-employed, a statement of income from your bookkeeper or
accountant. If retired, proof of pension payments and copy of last Income Tax filed.
 2 photos for each person on this application who are becoming Permanent Residents – see
 If you have not already paid the $490.00 Right of Permanent Residence Fee, you can find
Please bring a copy of your receipt to the office on the date of your interview.
If you cannot attend this interview, please send a letter/email explaining the reasons why you are unable to attend. Failure to appear for this interview may be interpreted as evidence that you are no longer seeking permanent residence in Canada and your file may be closed.
Looks ok to me..just attend the interview tomorrow n confidently get your PR ma

All the best...

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018

This seems normal interview letter. Sorry about precious comment, I misunderstood .

It should be fine. Good luck for tomorrow .

Aussiecandads

May 1, 2018
I was just informed by my consultant that IRCC requested one more document from me, to be more specific, my driving history in Australia (lived that for 2 years for Master degree). However, I do not have a driver's licence back then, so in March, my submitted a signed letter from VicRoad:

Dear *******, I refer to your recent request for a traffic history report. I wish to advise that according to the VicRoads records today, 28 February 2018, there is no evidence of you previously or currently holding a Victorian driver licence using the details you have provided. Therefore there are no infringements, offences or outstanding penalties recorded against ********, date of birth **********, in Victoria. Yours sincerely, F Tosev Customer Service Manager LICENCE AND REGISTRATION SERVICES

This is the instruction from CIC: Applicants who are unable to provide a Traffic History or a Full Licence History Search must provide evidence, issued by the Queensland and/or Victoria roads authority, stating that they have never held a driver’s license in that state

Anyway, I think this would be sufficient, I have no other way but to submit it again with an explanation letter attached, but I was wondering has anyone in the same situation before? You submitted the document but they ask about it anyway? I am really worried right now.

Much appreciated your input!

I’m from Australia but I’m from SA my police check also checks my driving history from SA, I know in VIC and QLD your police check doesn’t include any road violations! That’s why you need the driving history from that state! It’s really stupid but but it is normal for them to ask for this for a work per